Community MetaSteam | May 2019 - Raging About the Rats in Kamurocho

Which of these 4 SEGA games are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I take back some of the positive things I said about Blood: Fresh Supply.

They've really borked the AI, the enemies have much quicker attack times and much nastier with hitscan BS.
Some pretty significant graphics downgrades: missing environment shadows, way less particle effects, significantly downgraded environment animations and sounds...

Think I'll stick to playing nBlood until they sort this stuff out. nBlood doesn't have as many features and still has some engine jank but collectively it's a bit better.
Shame to hear that, I had just added to the wishlist. I guess I will wait until it gets patched.

I want to start an JRPG, namely Mary Skelter, but I need to go to bed soon and it sucks.

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Tested Death End re;Quest on my laptop, and the good news is at lowest settings with my 950m I almost get 1080p/30, so for any desktop in the last 5 years you should be good to go to play it at least. However, it's really frustrating that the rendering resolution being locked @ 1080p means that I'm just below playable. The game slows below 30FPS and that means in battles (where I'm hovering around a cinematic 24) It's an unbelievably janky experience. If I could drop it to 900p even it should be enough to make it locked 30, maybe, but since setting the resolution to 900p doesn't actually change what it's rendered at, I still get the same slowdown.

Looking at the steam page, my laptop more than meets the vague min spec, and if the port was actually competent I could get a really good experience going. This is just unbelievably frustrating - at least I have my desktop, but for players with lower spec laptops that could actually run this at 720p/900p, not having that option just plain sucks.

Last edited:

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Tested Death End re;Quest on my laptop, and the good news is at lowest settings with my 950m I almost get 1080p/30, so for any desktop in the last 5 years you should be good to go to play it at least. However, it's really frustrating that the rendering resolution being locked @ 1080p means that I'm just below playable. The game slows below 30FPS and that means in battles (where I'm hovering around a cinematic 24) It's an unbelievably janky experience. If I could drop it to 900p even it should be enough to make it locked 30, maybe, but since setting the resolution to 900p doesn't actually change what it's rendered at, I still get the same slowdown.

Looking at the steam page, my laptop more than meats the vague min spec, and if the port was actually competent I could get a really good experience going. This is just unbelievably frustrating - at least I have my desktop, but for players with lower spec laptops that could actually run this at 720p/900p, not having that option just plain sucks.
It releases this week right? I really want to play it but barebones ports are just yuck.

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
It releases this week right? I really want to play it but barebones ports are just yuck.
If you're only aiming for 1080p/60 and have a relatively recent PC you should be more than fine. It has keybinding options, borderless windowed, and decent kb/m menu navigation. It's barebones, but it... works?

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
If you're only aiming for 1080p/60 and have a relatively recent PC you should be more than fine. It has keybinding options, borderless windowed, and decent kb/m menu navigation. It's barebones, but it... works?
I guess I'll wait to see its price, if it's not too crazy then I'll get it for sure. Thank you for your insights :D

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I guess I'll wait to see its price, if it's not too crazy then I'll get it for sure. Thank you for your insights :D
According to the developer's post last month, there will be a launch discount (20%) so it'll probably be $60 in my region and a little less in NA.

The usual suspects are at it again with improvements for Kiwami 2.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
According to the developer's post last month, there will be a launch discount (20%) so it'll probably be $60 in my region and a little less in NA.

The usual suspects are at it again with improvements for Kiwami 2.

Hate when devs dont disclose the price of their games earlier.

Reactions: 「Echo」 and Kvik

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever

Slated for fall. Will support English and Japanese. $14.99 price-point and Degica says Steam/Xbox will be the platforms.

Virgo Vs The Zodiac is a sci-fi/fantasy JRPG inspired by the Mario & Luigi RPG series and the Mother RPG series in which you play as an obsessed villain.

The game features traditional turn-based combat with real-time execution of moves: blocking, countering and timing your attacks carefully as well as predicting your foes' moves is essential to succeed in Virgo’s twisted and unforgiving cosmic quest to bring back the Golden Age, a period of peace, symmetry and balance, or so she thinks.

In this galaxy where every action means a reaction, you’ll play as Virgo, the Holy Queen, often called Dreadful Queen by heretics, bringing mayhem to the Zodiac Realms and leaving a trail of stardust on the way, all to fit her excessively righteous worldview.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
the same way volvo do - they essentially have a bit in their ToS about not setting prices outside of steam lower than on steam
Afaik, that part in Steams ToS is ONLY about Steam keys. I don't think Valve has any policies about game prices in other storefronts when the games aren't activated on Steam.

Reactions: lashman

「Echo」

鈴鹿御前。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever

RIP. Though it was only ever confirmed for PS4, given it's SE, the probability of PC later was pretty high.

SE's latest earning report isn't too hot in general tbh. Operating income down across all their game paths. (Mobile, browser, MMO, traditional etc..)

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
SE's latest earning report isn't too hot in general tbh. Operating income down across all their game paths. (Mobile, browser, MMO, traditional etc..)
MMO isn’t surprising. 2017 had both FFXIV Stormblood and Dragon Quest X Version 4. Of course their MMO income was lower in 2018.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

RIP. Though it was only ever confirmed for PS4, given it's SE, the probability of PC later was pretty high.

Yeah, sad news indeed, not that I'm a big Baba fan but I enjoyed the games he made, so project prelude rune was something I was looking for.
well, now we know why he also left SE.

Xagarath

Scribbler
Dec 31, 2018
www.goodreads.com
I'm enjoying Ys VIII so far (it feels like a cousin to Xenoblade X, weirdly), but the female character designs are mostly embarrassing. It's not as if it even fits the way they're written.

Deleted member 113

Weird, I pre-ordered Rage 2 - Deluxe Edition on Steam, and I just noticed that, on my purchase history, the transaction is listed as "In-Game Purchase" (which is what you get when you buy some content on an "in game" store), instead of the usual "Purchase". :unsure:

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Afaik, that part in Steams ToS is ONLY about Steam keys. I don't think Valve has any policies about game prices in other storefronts when the games aren't activated on Steam.
ahhhh, you might be right

Likely one new month until Yoko Taros next game willbe revealed!

Can't believe i can genuinely expect that to happen.
don't worry - it won't come to PC until 12 months after release when it'll just randomly drop on steam without any advertising ... oh, and the port will be completely broken and never fixed ;)

I expect him to announce that he quits game development to live full time as a naked hobo running around Shibuya station.
Or just annouce his game and nothing else. It's either one.
yes, with him it could go either way :p

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Phew... almost forgot to buy some games from the LudoNarraCon sale.

And I really wanted to support Rage 2 for being singleplayer and returning to Steam but between no regional pricing and a short and dull main campaign I'm probably waiting for a sale (so... 2 weeks? :p )

yeah, they removed all of them 2 days ago ... and they still haven't fixed it ;)

years in the making
Can the deal get any better for Ubisoft? Now they are getting paid for being exclusive to their own store!

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
By the seven gods, they're still adding more stuff to ATOM.
  • Added lots of new locations to the Dead City - both above ground and below;
  • Fixed and updated a lot of animations, sounds, portraits, loading screens;
  • Added tens of new characters;
  • New monsters;
  • Added tons of new various quests;
  • Added new armors and weapons;
  • Lots of small fixes here and there and many more!
ATOM RPG :: Version 1.1 announcement

Deleted member 113

By the seven gods, they're still adding more stuff to ATOM.

ATOM RPG :: Version 1.1 announcement
Yeah, they have been awesome in terms of post-launch support. (y)
It was one of the games I helped crowdfund, that I was really happy with the result (there's not many).

Sadly, the game is still very overlooked, despite being a very inexpensive RPG (less than 15€), for the content it offers (dozens of hours).

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Rage 2 reviews are starting to come out.

6/10 from GameSpot so far.
we do have a thread for that ;)

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I haven't read any Rage 2 review yet but I'm expecting a game with solid shooting mechanics made shallow and very grindy (or repetitive rather than grindy) by Avalanche usual take on the open world formula. So a game Avalanche fans will enjoy, basically.

Last edited:

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I haven't read any Rage 2 review so far but I'm expecting a game with solid shooting mechanics made shallow and very grindy (or repetitive more than grindy) by Avalanche usual take on the open world formula. So a game Avalanche fans will enjoy, basically.
Thats pretty much what it is. If you’re looking for a mindless shooter with great combat you’ll enjoy it.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I finished Steins;Gate yesterday.

The good: it's an interesting VN with neat world building which isn't too romance-heavy (though more so than I really like).
The bad: the "true ending" requirements are incredibly obtuse. It's the VN equivalent of the worst type of graphic adventure puzzle memes.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Didn’t stop them from releasing 3 on Xbox lol.

But tbh id rather KH3 because its the only game in the series not playable at a stable 60fps.
well since i don't have any consoles - none of the games are playable for me ... at all :p

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

I wonder if “other things” is a PC port.
Probably, yeah, PC or switch, but if that happens, then it will come 1-year after release, as always (well, not always but in the 8-12 months range)
Also, expecting them to drop the collections on PC any random day.

Reactions: Arsene and lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
All of them except 0.2 and 3 are available on PC through emulation if you REALLY wanted to go that route
i'm not THAT desperate :p i can never really get into emulated games ... and i've tried lots of times ... i'm just weird like that, and i don't know why ;)

Reactions: Arsene

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Only 2 friends own Eastshade, only one has actually played it beyond the beginning. Unfortunate to say the least, it's basically a beautiful open world walking sim with some quests and looting/crafting, no fights, small stories but nothing big. The start is slow (there are ways to accelerate travelling later) and you have to be in the mood but I'm sure some here would enjoy it immensely. The ultimate screenshot game. And much longer than I expected. Has a prequel called Leaving Lyndow which gives a good first impression of the world. Lovely all around. But again, only for the patient players.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
i'm not THAT desperate :p i can never really get into emulated games ... and i've tried lots of times ... i'm just weird like that, and i don't know why ;)
Honestly im the exact same way. Persona 3-5 are playable on pc through emulation but I need an official pc port before I can play it 😛

Also Persona 4 Golden has the surperior english dub so fuck playing the original. Yikes I hate Chie and Teddie’s old voices.

Status
Not open for further replies.