Community MetaSteam | May 2019 - Raging About the Rats in Kamurocho

Which of these 4 SEGA games are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

fsdood

Jan 9, 2019
Nah, I disagree, the high majority of community forums I visit on Steam are in general very mixed, a lot of hateful garbage mixed with a lot of technical stuff. Many forums are also quite positive and supporting.

The hateful garbage part sure is a problem but giving the image that it's the only thing those forums offer and the rest are "exceptions" is wrong.
I very seldom see "alt-right garbage" unless it's an obvious troll or so.
Depends on what game of the week made /v/ angry. look at hat in time discussion and MK11 before that.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I really need to get a wiggle on and finish KH3 in the next day or two. I haven't played a thing this week but i really am interested in Rage 2 especially now i've seen some videos it looks exactly what i wanted... more Rage! The removal of Denuvo is just a lovely pre-purchase surprise. I can't be bothered going for the Deluxe version as that requires Bethesda logins and stuff as far as i've read, meh, can't be arsed with that.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Re: Steam Forums

Of course there will be assholes there, just like in any community. But I'm sure there's plenty of better, good examples of forums being helpful and friendly.

Reminds me of that time about gamers 'raging' on Subnautica (I think?) foruns about a woman in the game, but it was actually like 3 guys trying to stir shit up.

bmdubya

Apr 17, 2019
Gotta put some time into The Division 2 over the next few days so I can do the raid. I've never done a raid in a game before.

fsdood

Jan 9, 2019
a majority would be 51% of all comments. you want to tell me now that 51% of comments in the mk11 and hat in time forums come from a political right perspective? i still say: No.
i didn't say it was a majority of the comments. forums were pretty wild when those stuff happened and you can't deny seeing a thread asking for technical support gets 1 or 2 reply while some are more focused on the stupid shit that made people pissed off get 30+ posts and has multiple threads on it. it's gonna go away or calm down after a week or two, but like i said, it depends on what gets /v/ mad.

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
i didn't say it was a majority of the comments. forums were pretty wild when those stuff happened and you can't deny seeing a thread asking for technical support gets 1 or 2 reply while some are more focused on the stupid shit that made people pissed off get 30+ posts and has multiple threads on it. it's gonna go away or calm down after a week or two, but like i said, it depends on what gets /v/ mad.
So, it's like a thread on Era. ;)

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
Where is SSX Tricky, and the Tony Hawk games, thats what PC needs.
Tell me about it. I'm a -huge- fan of extreme sports games.

Thanks to emulators I've recently replayed to completion THPS 1-4, American wasteland, Project 8 and Proving Ground (which are perfectly playable using rpcs3).

A few weeks ago I also played through ssx tricky's campaign (I never got the chance to play the series back when it came out... I really liked it even though preloading spins with the pad is weird).

Sadly rpcs3 is still unable to properly run the last ssx (it's choppy as hell with popping sounds and weird visual artifacts).

I highly recommend Shaun Palmer's Pro Snowboarder (on ps2).

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
hahahaha ... so you can buy that ... or two other AAA games and still have quite a lot left to buy a few indies

good going, squeenix, lol
I NEVER buy a game at $59.99 unless I know I'll play and beat it before I play anything else. The last game I purchased at MSRP was FC5. I know I want this game, but I highly doubt I would jump in immediately... but it may fill my Fire Emblem void, eh?

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I'm going to be super selfish here and ask for the developer to please stop improving the game and start to work on the sequel already :)

Also... The most important change;
Every time I see this game brought up I have the urge to buy it more and more

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I NEVER buy a game at $59.99 unless I know I'll play and beat it before I play anything else. The last game I purchased at MSRP was FC5. I know I want this game, but I highly doubt I would jump in immediately... but it may fill my Fire Emblem void, eh?
oh, i meant specifically in Russia .... pretty much all $60 AAA games are 1999spacebux in Russia on release ... hence my comment :)

Imagine having the gall of charging full price for a year old port.
squeenix gonna squeenix

speaking of which:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

good luck with that, squeenix

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
BlackRainbowFT In case you missed it, Steep is free for PC on the Ubisoft site for the next day or two.
Look here: Steep PC - Ubisoft - Free for Limited Time
Thanks for the tip! I actually bought the complete (?) pack when it was on sale like 1-2 months ago.

I liked it even though the trick system is a bit shite. I wish it focused less on freeriding and more on arcadey combos (needs moar rails!!). I was surprised to learn that Ubisoft has a studio located in Annecy, which is like what, 30 minutes away from where I live?

Edit:
oh, i meant specifically in Russia .... pretty much all $60 AAA games are 1999spacebux in Russia on release ... hence my comment :)

squeenix gonna squeenix

speaking of which:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Are they aware that not everybody in Switzerland has nazi gold stored in their basement? I don't.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Since y'all wanted a Visual Novel thread I've made one for you lazies :p

Paging 「Echo」 , Knurek

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Octopath preorder live.

Regional prices are beyond stupid, 4449RUB in Russia.
Wow at the regional prices.... very expensive over here (Brazil), but Russia and Mexico actually pay more in dollars than the US.

Publishers are simply forgetting all the lessons learned in the last decade for PC in those markets: better price and good service. It really is a cycle. Next up: Complaining about piracy that for some inexplicable reason is on the rise.

Well... to be "fair" Ubisoft is launching Breakpoint at 2999. Leave to Square to make them look good.

Every time I see this game brought up I have the urge to buy it more and more
It is an incredible game. A little uneven in some parts (combat) but I had way too much fun with it and it has a lot of content for the price. In anycase... there is an Steam sale coming in a little over a month.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Octopath preorder live.

Regional prices are beyond stupid, 4449RUB in Russia.
Octopath Traveller is 83.99CAD what the actual fuck.

Its the most expensive game on Steam for me. No developer has gone over 79.99CAD before. Square can fuck right off lmao

Edit: 60usd is 80.70cad right now by the way. I can buy it from an american 3rd party site full price and even with the extra dollar or two conversion fee id still be paying less. Great pricing square.

Last edited:
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Next up: Complaining about piracy that for some inexplicable reason is on the rise.
oh, you can bet on it ... and then they'll leave PC altogether for a decade

Well... to be "fair" Ubisoft is launching Breakpoint at 2999. Leave to Square to make them look good.
they are? fucking hell ... good luck with that as well then

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018

squeenix gonna squeenix

speaking of which:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Oh man, I could have bought the Switch version a few weeks back for 40 €, but held off because a) I don''t play much on Switch anyways and b) I thought the Steam version would be cheaper....

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Yeah I just saw that with Octopath. No way at $60. I was expecting 30 max (USD). That was going to be a day one at a reasonable price.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
they are? fucking hell ... good luck with that as well then
Yup... they decided to sneak up some price adjustments in the middle of the EGS drama. I think they reduced the number of "tiers" in regional prices and for example now they are the same in dollars in both Russia and over here (Brazil). Aprox $45, $75 and $90 for the standard, gold and ultimate editions. In Russia that meant raising the price by %50, %31 and 30% in relation to the Division 2.

(Breakpoint page in Russia, open in private mode if you don't want to mess the cookies for the Ubi store in your browser)
Ghost Recon Breakpoint - Standard Edition

But going back to Octopath... well, I'm going to have to wait for deep... deeeeeeeeeeep discount to even consider. That, or Valve giving something like $40 for each purchase.

Reactions: Arsene

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Octopath Traveler launching full price was almost expected but still lolworthy.
Only Square Enix has the gal to charge so much for the late port of a mediocre mid-budget RPG
Lol, it's even more expensive than Final Fantasy XV on PC launch (which also came with lots of DLC included).

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
OT price is so ridiculously high I already see it as a Humble Early Unlock.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Yup... the decided to sneak up some price adjustments in the middle of the EGS drama. I think they reduced the number of "tiers" in regional prices and for example now they are the same in dollars in both Russia and over here (Brazil). Aprox $45, $75 and $90 for the standard, gold and ultimate editions. In Russia that meant raising the price by %50, %31 and 30% in relation to the Division 2.

(Breakpoint page in Russia, open in private mode if you don't want to mess the cookies for the Ubi store in your browser)
Ghost Recon Breakpoint - Standard Edition
gotta love capitalism ... NOT!

Reactions: NarohDethan

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Octopath Traveler launching full price was almost expected but still lolworthy.
Only Square Enix has the gal to charge so much for the late port of a mediocre mid-budget RPG
Launching at a higher price than the Switch version did in Canada is a galaxy brain move only Square Enix would try.

See you at 50% off in 6 months Square!

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Seeing the price for Octopath is a huge bummer. Around $30-40 and I was in on day one but with all the other great games that have just released or will be soon I could take that $60 and get two or more of those instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.