Community MetaSteam | May 2019 - Raging About the Rats in Kamurocho

Which of these 4 SEGA games are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Yeah, not surprised Team Sonic Racing has sold like shit, that price just sucks.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
...but it isn't Sonic R.
It's a racing game by Sumo, so if you enjoyed the driving in SART and Outrun even, you'll fee at home with this game. It is a solid entry, but I agree that the price is offputting for certain regions.
I know, I mean in the sense that it's basically just a Sonic kart racer as opposed to a Sega one.

Reactions: Tizoc

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I'd been on track (ahead, actually) to complete the 1 game/week thing but now new season of Diablo 3, playing Minecraft for first time in ages because of the anniversary (and it's a decent low stress game), still completing the BFV ToW each week, binged the hell out of Civ 6 + mods with Gathering Storm, and life in general has pretty super high stress making it hard to even play games a lot of nights.

And catching up on the past few pages here STILL makes me have to fight to not buy like 5 more games :p
Any freebies for the anniversary ?

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I think this is the first ever gameplay of NIOH 2?

Looks like nioh yea....
When will Koei release an official press release with platforms? The only info we have is 2 trailers only on Playstation’s youtube channels so obviously they wont list other platforms. But the wording of the tweet makes me think its multiplat.

I really don’t wanna wait almost a year for a PC release again.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Any freebies for the anniversary ?
I think the game was on sale for it? I have only really played the Java version (the original) so everything is free :p I think I have the Windows version because of that but I've never tried it.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Looking solid.

I mean there is surely some bullet time mechanic, didn't put to much attention in the trailer, but that looks slow as hell.

I think this is the first ever gameplay of NIOH 2?

Looks like nioh yea....
Ok, I gave up and dropped Sekiro earlier this year, is there any chance I can beat Nioh ?

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Ok, I gave up and dropped Sekiro earlier this year, is there any chance I can beat Nioh ?
Yes. Or no.

They're both hard games for sure but they rely on different things to make the game challenging and you can easily find one easier than the other. Sekiro is faster and based on parrying and learning the movement and attack pattern of every enemy. Ni Oh is built around learning when and how to use each weapon and stance to maximize your strength against different kind of enemies.

I think you might find it easier or harder depending on how you usually play.

Blizniak

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2018

Punch Line finally on Steam tomorrow

I like these guys

... aaaaaaand confirmed exclusive (not that anyone was expecting anything else after that last announcement)
As someone who has not spent any money on Rune 2 I can't even be mad about this. The game needed the extra money and dev time even as an early access candidate, it was really rough. Hearing they dropped early access altogether has me worried though because I fully expected them to work on it for another ~2-3 years before proper release. I'm glad they finally changed the name to Rune 2.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I mean there is surely some bullet time mechanic, didn't put to much attention in the trailer, but that looks slow as hell.

I found some of Nioh's technical elements more demanding than Sekiro's. Juggling the stamina gauge and moves that refill it and shit. So depends on if you found the technical play tough or the boss/enemy patterns tough maybe. But in Nioh you get some crutch by finding better gear/leveling up etc. At the same time some boss patterns and abilities and shit just felt unfair at times where in Sekiro I just felt I was the one who messed up. I guess they're similarly tough.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I saw that lashman bought BBTAG DLC Character Pack Vol.7 which was released yesterday. So I checked it out. The All characters DLC pack states that it has has Vol 7, but it's not in the list. What gives? And it looks like that Vol 7 should be free for all who bought the deluxe edition or the All in one pack. But in Steam forums people are saying that they don't have it

Uh, I was pretty sure to have seen the game dirt cheap on cdkeys, but it seems I was incorrect or it got back up.
Shame, always was interested in the "casual" controls (even though, yeah, it could very well be paradoxically more irritating in reality), but as a non fighter gamer, it's sadly out of my comfort zone.

I really liked the demo on switch... when I had a switch... I hate everything...

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Project Phoenix, when?

Uh, I was pretty sure to have seen the game dirt cheap on cdkeys, but it seems I was incorrect or it got back up.
Shame, always was interested in the "casual" controls (even though, yeah, it could very well be paradoxically more irritating in reality), but as a non fighter gamer, it's sadly out of my comfort zone.

I really liked the demo on switch... when I had a switch... I hate everything...
It is out stock on cdkeys :(

Reactions: lashman

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018

"will get everything that was promised to them" uh huh. At least they attempt to give something extra to people who preordered steam keys.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I haven't followed this Rune game. Anyone wanna give me a short history on it? :face-throwing-a-kiss:
  • human head studios announces rune
  • game looks rough
  • keeps providing updates every now and then during 2017
  • open for pre-orders, people who pre-ordered obviously expects a Steam key, plus they were also promised a Rune Classic key too
  • hhs releases The Quiet Man last year which obviously flopped and is rated 'mostly negative' on Steam. They also do a couple beta tests of RUNE, on Steam.
  • game looks really rough
  • HHS goes dark in 2019
  • comes back last month announcing that they received extra financing support and the game wouldn't release in early access anymore - no exclusivity was mentioned back then
  • HHS comes out today announcing that the game is now called RUNE 2, is a EGS exclusive and people who pre-ordered will get everything they were promised on EGS though, plus an extra copy of the game. They also will offer a no-questions asked refund, as an act of pure generosity, of course.
  • game keeps looking rough

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
  • human head studios announces rune
  • game looks rough
  • keeps providing updates every now and then during 2017
  • open for pre-orders, people who pre-ordered obviously expects a Steam key, plus they were also promised a Rune Classic key too
  • hhs releases The Quiet Man last year which obviously flopped and is rated 'mostly negative' on Steam. They also do a couple beta tests of RUNE, on Steam.
  • game looks really rough
  • HHS goes dark in 2019
  • comes back last month announcing that they received extra financing support and the game wouldn't release in early access anymore - no exclusivity was mentioned back then
  • HHS comes out today announcing that the game is now called RUNE 2, is a EGS exclusive and people who pre-ordered will get everything they were promised on EGS though, plus an extra copy of the game. They also will offer a no-questions asked refund, as an act of pure generosity, of course.
  • game keeps looking rough
Has it really been two year since they first announced this? Man, they must have had a lot of people on Quiet Man for Rune to still be in this shape.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Has it really been two year since they first announced this? Man, they must have had a lot of people on Quiet Man for Rune to still be in this shape.
it has, yeah ... been a while

they already had like 2 or 3 "closed alphas" on steam ... if not more

Status
Not open for further replies.