Community MetaSteam | May 2019 - Raging About the Rats in Kamurocho

Which of these 4 SEGA games are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
We're pretty much 1 month away from the summer sale. Having a sale now seems kind of pointless and will just confuse people as to whether they should buy stuff now or pray the prices don't get higher a month from now.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
We're pretty much 1 month away from the summer sale. Having a sale now seems kind of pointless and will just confuse people as to whether they should buy stuff now or pray the prices don't get higher a month from now.
It's always been like this, isn't it? Autumn sale is also always close to Winter sale. Spring/Autumn sale won't be as big as Summer/Winter sale anyway.

That said, the best practice is always the same. If the game you're planning to buy is at its lowest recorded price on Steam, then you should get it in that sale (Spring/Autumn). It's not going to go lower than that. If anything, it may get worse discount in the next sale (Summer/Winter).

Reactions: Echoes

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
It is the perfect time for a 1-month golden profile.

Reactions: lashman

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Lmao fuck off PQube. Maybe they thought they had an EGS exclusive contract and uploaded the game on Steam by accident :p

Reactions: Kvik

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Rime is now free on the Egg Store. City of Brass is next up.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia

Preorders are up with a 10% preorder discount

Not gonna lie this regional price is a fucking steal. A 40 USD game for 67 BRL? Jesus 505, don't mind if I do
No regional pricing at all for me. Darn, I didn't expect this game to be $40 with no regional pricing to boot.

505 is a good publisher, even Control is only $22 here. Maybe it's not yet final, as Control's regional pricing was adjusted later. It was full $60 before they adjusted it last month. I guess there's still hope.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan

Now I can buy Bloodlines 2 for a great price, Give Paradox 100% of the profits AND get a Steam key. Thanks Paradox!

Meanwhile Epic is the only place that has Bloodlines 2 but doesn’t support CAD. Or well HAD.
Is this through the website? Wonder if they will ever get regional here >.>

Reactions: Arsene

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
No regional pricing at all for me. Darn, I didn't expect this game to be $40 with no regional pricing to boot.

505 is a good publisher, even Control is only $22 here. Maybe it's not yet final, as Control's regional pricing was adjusted later. It was full $60 before they adjusted it last month. I guess there's still hope.
Control is the same price as Bloodlines 2 on the EGS which is a very cheap game on Steam so it's probably actually meant to be this cheap on Steam

Either way

no backsies

Last edited:

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain

Preorders are up with a 10% preorder discount

Not gonna lie this regional price is a fucking steal. A 40 USD game for 67 BRL? Jesus 505, don't mind if I do
36€ here in Spain, I am really interested in the game but at that price point I think it's too much for me for now. :anguished-face:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I hope a whole bunch of VR games get's a sale on the cleaning sale today (or whenever it happens). I rarely see VR ghames getting a midweek or weekend sale, it's usually always on weeklong deals.

Reactions: Nabs

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
The best steam sales were the ones where you had to play games and get achievements to unlock things, I think the Treasure hunt was one of them? Obviously that will never happen again for a variety of reasons but we can still reminisce about the good times...

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
I don't think spring cleaning had sale last year either, it's just subtly preparing you for summer sale.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
I give up on trying to understand the logic behind regional pricing from some publishers. I was going to say the Argentinean price must be a mistake but there are others in the region: Peru ($53,45), Colombia ($50.58) and Chile ($45.14). On the other hand Uruguay ($20) and over here (Brazil $16.83) got a good deal. So... do they just roll some dices to decide?

Reactions: RionaaM

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
All Valve does is give a suggested base converted price that is usually what we get when devs are like "yeah sure whatever"

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
I don't mean about the pricing but how does Valve decide which country gets its on pricing in its currency.
It's not that Valve "decides" it, they want to actively local payment methods and currencies. Countries that don't have their local currency in display likely just don't have official support yet.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I don't mean about the pricing but how does Valve decide which country gets its on pricing in its currency.
I think that depends on how much it takes Valve to operate as an entity on a country. AFAIK they cant just start taking whatever currency they want.
And there's probably a trifold spreadsheet somewhere in a Valve office with the prioriatry countries.

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
So maybe one day, every country will have its regional pricing? its funny that Origin and laughably even the epic store will give favorably rates in the exchange but Valve is still forcing me to pay in US dollars. It could be worse I guess, I pay in euros on Uplay and the Bethesda launcher and the rate is fucking terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.