Community MetaSteam | May 2019 - Raging About the Rats in Kamurocho

Which of these 4 SEGA games are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
So maybe one day, every country will have its regional pricing? its funny that Origin and laughably even the epic store will give favorably rates in the exchange but Valve is still forcing me to pay in US dollars. It could be worse I guess, I pay in euros on Uplay and the Bethesda launcher and the rate is fucking terrible.
it's mostly because volvo insist on doing regional pricing the right way ... as in - not just listing regional pricing and charging in USD anyway (as in: the currency, not the amount) like epic do ... instead volvo do agreements with regional payment providers, release wallet cards and all that other stuff

that's why it takes so long to add new ones

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
it's mostly because volvo insist on doing regional pricing the right way ... as in - not just listing regional pricing and charging in USD anyway (as in: the currency, not the amount) like epic do ... instead volvo do agreements with regional payment providers, release wallet cards and all that other stuff

that's why it takes so long to add new ones
To add on this, while simply reducing the price in USD for countries with no regional support is a good stopgap measure, it feels really fucking bad to have a game jump in price by 20+% just because your currency was like "nah fuck you".

Fluctuating ratios suck 34 dicks

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
To add on this, while simply reducing the price in USD for countries with no regional support is a good stopgap measure, it feels really fucking bad to have a game jump in price by 20+% just because your currency was like "nah fuck you".

Fluctuating ratios suck 34 dicks
one more reason why volvo insist on actually charging in local currency instead of just live-converting

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018

Preorders are up with a 10% preorder discount

Not gonna lie this regional price is a fucking steal. A 40 USD game for 67 BRL? Jesus 505, don't mind if I do
It's $60 here after the 10% discount. I'd rather go EGS exclusive than buying this near-scam.

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
I don't understand the delisting, Telltale didn't own of those IP's they were just licensed and those license holders are still around? Or they getting delisting because some entity wants them for there own store? Cause I understand 2k is drinking the EGS cool aid but Marvel? Or Warner?

Probably doesn't matter, Telltale hasn't made a good game since Tales of the borderlands and that was in 2014.

Deleted member 113

I don't understand the delisting, Telltale didn't own of those IP's they were just licensed and those license holders are still around? Or they getting delisting because some entity wants them for there own store? Cause I understand 2k is drinking the EGS cool aid but Marvel? Or Warner?

Probably doesn't matter, Telltale hasn't made a good game since Tales of the borderlands and that was in 2014.
It's usually not that simple. Those companies may have the rights to the properties, but TellTale surely have rights over to the actual product.
Without an agreement between both, the game can't be sold.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Can't play TW:3K because their proprietary launcher keeps crashing

Verifying file integrity doesn't give me any results gasdgihashigah0ghi0agi #justanotherdesktopicon

€: The specific combination fo Rebooting the computer, then replacing the launcher fles in the games directory and then launching the game directly from the .exe without starting steam made it work.

Last edited:

Deleted member 113

A glitch that occurs when an enemy Ork grabs and tries to stomp you. If the animation gets interrupted somehow, your model gets clipped into the ground, but you can still move and attack normally though.
I thought your character was having a nap. ;)

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland

Now I can buy Bloodlines 2 for a great price, Give Paradox 100% of the profits AND get a Steam key. Thanks Paradox!

Meanwhile Epic is the only place that has Bloodlines 2 but doesn’t support CAD. Or well HAD.
I love Canadian cans.

Reactions: Arsene
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Is it actually a good resource for experimenting with prospective builds etc?
eh, not really ... not unless you want to learn how to actually put stuff together the right way - then yeah, absolutely

but for performance etc - not really

Reactions: AHA-Lambda

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
The best steam sales were the ones where you had to play games and get achievements to unlock things, I think the Treasure hunt was one of them? Obviously that will never happen again for a variety of reasons but we can still reminisce about the good times...
Auction one was all right.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Argy price of Bloodstained got reduced due to complaints, now ~800.

spring cleanup isn't sale, it backlog play event.
Checked my history and didn't buy much. Now June 21th, had to scroll a good long while to get past all those purchases.... so keep expectations low.

Last edited:

FunnyJay