Community MetaSteam | May 2019 - Raging About the Rats in Kamurocho

Which of these 4 SEGA games are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I'm done with Stardew.. It just doesn't move forward enough after a while. I have stuff in there that I could do but it's long and drawn out, and I kind of don't like the fishing at all, so I think that's about it.

So the bluetooth Xbone controller started to get the dreaded stutter symptom that there seems to only be a half-assed fix for. Looking at maybe an elite since those used the old adapters, right? Did those have serious quality control issues or was it just overblown?
You can use the proprietary adapter with the bluetooth controller too, if the controller works fine otherwise. Certainly a cheaper solution than an elite.

Ibuki

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Colorado, USA
June is going to kill me financially. Looking at Bloodstained (possibly two copies, one for my gf), Judgement and the steam sale which I assume is late June as always so I need to save money. Meanwhile plague tale's over here staring at me and making me wonder how important saving money really is.
I'm in the same boat when it comes to A Plague's Tale, but in 3 weeks I should be able to get it. :pleasedblob:

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
It seems that the company that issued the card is rejecting the transaction, which is weird because I used it to buy lunch earlier today, I've bought from Amazon, Nintendo's eShop and other online retailers before with it and I've never encountered any problem, and I cant reach a human on their phone number.
Yes, you have to call your bank and tell them it is safe. I have to do it with mine and steam. They give me five minutes to buy too.

So it is up to you. If you do manage to buy it add me though XD

Funny part is I can buy from lesser unknown places like some random company from the UK.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Huh, didn't know Sega gives you the uncompressed rom for their Mega Drive collections. Works with any emulator now I suppose.
In the case of Phantasy Star III (or was it IV? can't remember.), they even give you the JP version of the ROM.

I really need to get back to my Phantasy Star II playthrough. TOO MANY GAMES.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Yes, you have to call your bank and tell them it is safe. I have to do it with mine and steam. They give me five minutes to buy too.

So it is up to you. If you do manage to buy it add me though XD

Funny part is I can buy from lesser unknown places like some random company from the UK.
Yeah, it is weird, tomorrow I'll call them again to see if something's wrong.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
I haven't followed Fanatical's flash sales so I could be wrong but hopefully they'll do what some other sites have in the past and cycle the bestsellers back in for a final day.

Currently MHW is third on the top seller list behind Civ 6: Gathering Storm and the Mystery Bundle so that's a positive if they do go that route.

Reactions: NarohDethan

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Is tomorrow less then 10 hours? The deal is over in 10 hours.
If I can't make it on time I guess I'll wait for the Steam Summer sale, which it isnt that far, But I'll buy it for sure!
I haven't followed Fanatical's flash sales so I could be wrong but hopefully they'll do what some other sites have in the past and cycle the bestsellers back in for a final day.

Currently MHW is third on the top seller list behind Civ 6: Gathering Storm and the Mystery Bundle so that's a positive if they do go that route.
This would be very neat, just like the Lego bundle extension.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018

Crisis averted.

Nice, that makes 2 out of my 5 currently crowdfunded projects, and the fourth one will never release anyways because it's project phoenix.

Now all I need is a confirmation from the system shock remake devs and swery65

-----------------------

AI: The somnium files release is delayed for two months 😭

Last edited:
Reactions: Arsene and Ibuki

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
RIDL and Fallout: MDS attacks

From the FAQ: Am I affected?

"Very likely. Our attacks affect all modern Intel CPUs in servers, desktops and laptops. This includes the latest 9th-generation processors, despite their in-silicon mitigations for Meltdown. Ironically, 9th-generation CPUs are more vulnerable to some of our attacks compared to older generation hardware.

Processors from other vendors (AMD and ARM) do not appear to be affected. Official statements from these vendors can be found in the RIDL and Fallout papers."

Anyone with a 9th gen series CPU here who can run their app and see if they're vulnerable?
I only read the Zombieload paper yesterday (this takes a while), still have to look at the other attacks.

Reactions: didamangi

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
-----------------------

AI: The somnium files release is delayed for two months 😭
Ah darn :(

Copons

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Brighton, UK
copons.wordpress.com
Vanilla WoW stole 2 years of my life - I still remember what I did in WoW during 2005-2007 but don't ask me about that period of my RL, that is all a blur.
Same here!
I've only played Vanilla and TBC, and i dropped out of university, got fired, broke up with my longtime girlfriend, gained like 20kg.
I had this casual/fun guild with my IRL friends, we really sucked but we had so much fun, and at some point all the casual players of the server joined us.
We did like play from wake up to after lunch, then meetup to talk about WoW, then play from late afternoon to after dinner, then meetup at the pub to talk about WoW, then play until late night.
Don't think i have the nerves to buy Classic at this point, I'm absolutely terrified by it

Reactions: BlackRainbowFT

derFeef

Cthulhu dreams.
Apr 17, 2019
AUT
WoW introduced mental health issues to a good friend of mine. He got dragged into it too much and started skipping real life, work, friends...
One day he just flipped out and was never the same person again. :-( I only played Vanilla with 2 characters to 60 and that's it. Never enjoyed any content they brought into the game after that.

Reactions: BlackRainbowFT

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I'm lucky in that I played tons of MMOs going back to UO, but never to the point of harmful obsession. The closest I came was raiding in Vanilla WoW, but I only ever did it because a RL friend wanted to and I went back to being a filthy casual when TBC came out.

I had a friend who lost his job because of Everquest though. He would play it all day and night, like 12+ hours a day.

derFeef

Cthulhu dreams.
Apr 17, 2019
AUT
I played tons of MMO's as well. Anarchy Online was probably my most played - stayed up all night until the morning. This game is/was so good.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I played tons of MMO's as well. Anarchy Online was probably my most played - stayed up all night until the morning. This game is/was so good.
I never got into AO despite following it closely during development. It had such a cool setting, but when I finally got into the beta it was a mess, and something else caught my attention. I do remember really liking all the clothing options though hahah

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
The only MMO I've ever really played was Dark Age of Camelot, I've tried others that had a focus on the PvP, but nothing else actually interested me much.

On the Classic server I had an italian guild (and one person was even in my same city), so we had some meetings here and there. Also, I corrupted my brother, so he played as well during those years.

derFeef

Cthulhu dreams.
Apr 17, 2019
AUT
Ohh yeah AO launch (and the next half year) was rally bad. But then... oh my. I played it last year again and it almost got me to sink more time into it. You know the feeling when you hear a well-remembered and often heard sound effect for the first time again after 10+years have passed? Ohhh that happened a lot.

Reactions: Dandy

Copons

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Brighton, UK
copons.wordpress.com
WoW introduced mental health issues to a good friend of mine.
I had a friend who lost his job because of Everquest though.
Yeah I think what really saved me was the fact that I sucked at the game, so I just couldn't be enticed by post-endgame loot and the likes.
At some point I basically played it as a social network ante litteram, just to chat with my mates, and every now and then getting wiped in raid and having a laugh at ourselves.
When I left WoW for good, my own guild turned more serious, and in a couple of months collapsed on itself. ¯\(ツ)

Though, some friends got into the rabbit hole, ending up paying farmers real money for gold, and whatnot. Yikes indeed.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Damn, they really like the Dota IP. I think Dota 2 is fine and all but I'm surprised they keep using it as an aesthetic/world in new releases. Maybe I'm alone in that, though.
you're not ... i wish they'd do something with Portal and Half-Life too ... doesn't have to be new games or anything ... but do SOMETHING (that not just another VR demo)

BernardoOne

MetaMember
Oct 19, 2018
you're not ... i wish they'd do something with Portal and Half-Life too ... doesn't have to be new games or anything ... but do SOMETHING (that not just another VR demo)
Well Half Life VR is coming this year and I'm guessing one of their other VR ges will be a Portal-style puzzle game

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Dota and Counter-Strike are Valve's biggest IPs, so it's not surprising that they keep using either IP for many of their releases.
Counter-Strike Condition One Deleted Scenes VR when

Was tempted to buy WWE 2K19 but after reading some reviews, seems that random performance problems and bugs still plague the game. Like it did in the past four or five versions on PC. Well shame.

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
Tried to start AC Odyssey - Uplay down?
EDIT: nevermind works now

Last edited:

Rogue Agent

Takes too damn long to finish games
Apr 4, 2019
It seems that the company that issued the card is rejecting the transaction, which is weird because I used it to buy lunch earlier today, I've bought from Amazon, Nintendo's eShop and other online retailers before with it and I've never encountered any problem, and I cant reach a human on their phone number.
This probably won't help you and it's a bit of different situation, but on some websites, my bank rejects a new transaction that I make using my debit/credit card for security purposes. The bank texts me that they rejected it and asks me to give a 'YES' or 'NO' answer regarding whether I made the purchase or not. If I confirm that I made the transaction, they tell me to wait 10 mins and then make the transaction again and now it goes through.

I hope the company that issued your card resolves it once you call them.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

lashman the JP versions of the games have differences to the non-JP versions, for example, Castlevania 3's music in the US/EU version

Music in the JP ver.

Among other things are censorship, also Grant in Castlevania 3 is made weaker than in the JP ver.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.