Community MetaSteam | May 2020 - We May Or May Not Be Around In June!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Not really relevant to Steam or PC gaming.

But yeah I'm sure there will be plenty of good stuff for PS fans.
Again, you all reading this not correctly, I'm thinking other thing, something something VR

(And while it's not confirmed, just wait hehe)

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Lashman and Mor has been teasing for a while that more Playstation stuff will come to PC. When and how is the question.
I'm sure those people know a few things but I'm honestly not convinced at all Sony will put even their older stuff on PC.
Not betting a cent on it really.

In my head Horizon is a one-time case and I'm happy with it.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Again, you all reading this not correctly, I'm thinking other thing, something something VR

Alyx on PS5 you mean ? Right, but that not is news for PC fans.
I'm not sure many on this board would care for a PC game coming to PS5.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

Valve helping out Sony with VR wouldnt be a suprise.

But what sort of relevance does that have with PC? Unless some PSVR exclusives comes to SteamVR.

Reactions: ISee and Shahem

ZKenir

Setting the Seas Ablaze
May 10, 2019
nah, a lot of VN sell awfully, Steiner and other translators/editors have gone on record saying that "VN sell like shit" and localizing other stuff is better to get paid, unless it's a VN with a console release.
Some are failures at release and it take ages to recoup like Tokyo Babel, others don't even recoup and stay failures, just like pretty much any other genre of games.
Nekopara and Steins;Gate are popular, most VN really aren't.

I'm also not trying to compare schmups to VN or whatever, just pointing out that stuff isn't as rosy as you're thinking.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Alyx on PS5 you mean ? Right, but that not is news for PC fans.
I'm not sure many on this board would care for a PC game coming to PS5.
Well, as a VR fan that really makes me really happy, tbh :cat-heart-blob:

But what sort of relevance does that have with PC? Unless some PSVR exclusives comes to SteamVR.
Personal excitement for Alyx to reach even more people, also, while not surprised I think it's exciting

Sorry if this is a letdown for you, seriously, my intention wasn't to make you feel bad but as a VR fan, the more people experience certain games, the better.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Just a random thought; Assassins Creed devs must be sweating bullets over the possibility that AC Ragnarok gets panned by critics/gamers.

Horrific joke spoilered.

It'll be refered to as 'AssRag' both fitting the title and quality. Sorry

Reactions: Li Kao

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France

I'm asking myself the same question.
Nothing wrong with being excited for the VR space in general but I was under the impression that this was a PC board.

PC games coming to PS5 is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
I'm asking myself the same question.
Nothing wrong with being excited for the VR space in general but I was under the impression that this was a PC board.

PC games coming to PS5 is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.
I mean, it is but as we have said in multiple occasions if you feel excited about anything that isn't PC related, you can totally share it if you want, it's like if any of you shared, IDK, the last Mario game here.

Again, sorry if it wasn't what you expected :(

• Love
Reactions: Li Kao and Shahem

Deleted member 113

I just want someone to confirm that Splatterhouse (2010) is getting a PC release (like it was previously hinted, after a Splatterhouse trademark was filled).

All these "insiders" here, and no one will make my day??? :plsblob::plsblob::plsblob:

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
I mean, it is but as we have said in multiple occasions if you feel excited about anything that isn't PC related, you can totally share it if you want, it's like if any of you shared, IDK, the last Mario game here.

Again, sorry if it wasn't what you expected :(
No problem at all. I'm a PC gamer. I don't really care about what's happening on the console side if PC is not part of the picture.

There has been so much speculation about Sony potentially investing on PC, but I could not track where this originated from. It's hot air to me really.

Reactions: Alexandros

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Oh PS5's VR and Half Life Alyx on PS5? Nice~
I don't know if it's happening at the show but Alyx on PSVR is surely happening at some point when PSVR2 exists.

And yes, Sorry for teasing you all for the last 2 months, tbh if I can't share anything there's no point in making you feel excited for something that might get delayed or might not be announced for the next few months, so, no more teasing from me here, I promise.

Sorry all.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
I'm sure those people know a few things but I'm honestly not convinced at all Sony will put even their older stuff on PC.
Not betting a cent on it really.

In my head Horizon is a one-time case and I'm happy with it.
Sony has pretty much lowkey confirmed Horizon is not an one time thing.

Reactions: Shahem

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I don't know if it's happening at the show but Alyx on PSVR is surely happening at some point when PSVR2 exists.

And yes, Sorry for teasing you all for the last 2 months, tbh if I can't share anything there's no point in making you feel excited for something that might get delayed or might not be announced for the next few months, so, no more teasing from me here, I promise.

Sorry all.
Don't apologize, we all cool buds on here~

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

Sorry all.
I will find it in my heart to forgive your grave sins.
:wd_heart:

Reactions: Li Kao and lashman

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I just want someone to confirm that Splatterhouse (2010) is getting a PC release (like it was previously hinted, after a Splatterhouse trademark was filled).

All these "insiders" here, and no one will make my day??? :plsblob::plsblob::plsblob:
TBH... Welp, its only an ok game.

I've got it on PS3. Its, fine. You know, unique and it has the classics (that you have to fucking unlock) but I wouldn't go out of my way for a PC release.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I wonder if Sony would do a special edition PSVR2 bundle for HLA? I'm not sure how that would work out (unless the color interferes with tracking?)

HLA on PSVR will be very interesting seeing how asides from the interviews, Valve didn't really do a lot to advertise HLA. Would Sony go all out to advertise that game?

But then again they might not. I don't know how things have been with them as of late but the new Walking Dead game come out for PSVR and PSVR people seem to really like the game, the lack of advertising of the game seems to shock them. So I guess that Sony won't be doing that and instead it will just release on PSVR and just be treated like a regular game sort of a thing

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Half Life Alyx comes to PSVR2, Sony is gonna prance that around in every conference. Xbox series X (dumb name) has no foothold in VR and Sony has to sell some systems.

Reactions: lashman

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Half Life Alyx comes to PSVR2, Sony is gonna prance that around in every conference. Xbox series X (dumb name) has no foothold in VR and Sony has to sell some systems.
Phil said that Xbox doesn't have any plans to support VR, but wouldn't they want to at least add WMR support to the new Xbox or something?

And is Sony even doing that many conferences now?

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Phil said that Xbox doesn't have any plans to support VR, but wouldn't they want to at least add WMR support to the new Xbox or something?

And is Sony even doing that many conferences now?
All I've heard is that xbox isn't making VR a focus and has no conrete plans.

When sony decides to have A conference, then I wouldn't be surprised. I've heard plans in June for something.

For me, I'd be more likely to one day jump into VR on a console rather than a PC, due to cost. I've seen my friend's VR setup and while its an experience, money and space constraints keep it a non option for me.

Reactions: PC-tan

ScreamingTrees

Dec 12, 2018
Yeah I wrote to customer service, not the refund route. (Well I tried refund route first, before I knew it was auto-rejected).

Yeah I've heard people in EU are having better luck. Time to move!
Quoting EU regulations doesn't work with them either. as "has accrued significant in-game progress since it's purchase back in March. "

"Since you have concerns about the software included in the most recent patch, I would suggest providing feedback about how this decision has affected you to the publisher directly going forward. "

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Quoting EU regulations doesn't work with them either. as "has accrued significant in-game progress since it's purchase back in March. "

"Since you have concerns about the software included in the most recent patch, I would suggest providing feedback about how this decision has affected you to the publisher directly going forward. "
Hey EU regulations got you a more human response. They told me to look up technical help and didn't acknowledge anything else.

Either the CS rep didn't care or they could actually parse my complaint automatically and gave a cookie cutter response somehow (would have been a bit tricky from what I typed).

I do hope they don't automatically scan for words like refund, but now that I think of it I wonder if even my non-refund system complaint was automatically handled... :/

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Not sure how applicable, but Tabletop Simulator is so great.

Playing the Arkham card game on here where it is so easy to set things up and it takes no time. Everything is nearly automated. So fun and fast.

Rockin' Ranger , Dangerous Zombie - tagging my two tabletop buddies. Alien Encounters and the Space game.
What other games do you suggest for easy pick up? Friend and I would enjoy a game but it seems like everything needs to be setup for an hour or more + reading.

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
What other games do you suggest for easy pick up? Friend and I would enjoy a game but it seems like everything needs to be setup for an hour or more + reading.
Ideally, find games that are scripted. It removes all the set-up stuff.

Pandemic and Sentinals of the Multiverse are not too complicated.

Legendary Encounters - Alien - This is scripted, so it will auto-setup and you just need to read the rules. It is relatively challenging though.

Watch It Played - this youtube channel is also great for watching how games are played.

Rockin' Ranger

Rangers With Candy
Nov 7, 2018

Playing the Arkham card game on here where it is so easy to set things up and it takes no time. Everything is nearly automated. So fun and fast.

Rockin' Ranger , Dangerous Zombie - tagging my two tabletop buddies. Alien Encounters and the Space game.
The Space game is The Crew: The Quest for Planet Nine. It's a pretty fun cooperative trick taking game.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Partnering with Valve will be the easiest W for Sony when it comes to VR.

All they'll need is Alyx (and Valve's other 2 VR games in development) to come out for PS5. That is 3 killer apps that will alone make millions of PSVR2 headsets fly off the shelf. And then they release a few of their own 1st party VR games to make it a wrap. Insomniac and Guerrilla both have VR experience so you know they are gonna make something. Especially Insomniac and I bet it was a big reason why they bought them.

Reactions: lashman and ISee

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019

I see, three high and mighty councilors who don't want to play with us meta-coop plebeians. For shame !
:cat-heart-blob:

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Partnering with Valve will be the easiest W for Sony when it comes to VR.

All they'll need is Alyx (and Valve's other 2 VR games in development) to come out for PS5. That is 3 killer apps that will alone make millions of PSVR2 headsets fly off the shelf. And then they release a few of their own 1st party VR games to make it a wrap. Insomniac and Guerrilla both have VR experience so you know they are gonna make something. Especially Insomniac and I bet it was a big reason why they bought them.
I vaguely remember reading that Jason Rubin at Oculus wanted to enter into a discussion with Sony regarding releasing PlayStation games on Oculus, with Oculus returning the favour for PSVR. Maybe that was before they had the Quest, however, which is a direct competitor to Sony's PSVR in a way that Oculus Rift is not.

I'd love to see as many platform holders as possible in VR working together, however. There are some PSVR exclusives I'd love to play on PC, and the more people who play the great PCVR-only releases like Half-Life Alyx the better.

Reactions: PC-tan

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Finished Rice of the Tomb Raider. Had a very good time with it. Felt like an improvement in every area compared to its predecessor.

Fired up Chasm next. It's fun so far. Nothing amazing, but very inoffensive "fast food" game.
Also playing Moonless Knight and need to go back to Oninaki. (Novelty has worn off a bit and my conclusion is that yes, the game is indeed mediocre, but I still wanna play through it).
And I want to give Thi4f a try too.
And lots of other things :cold-sweat:

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Sony and Valve partnering up again would be cool imo. I don't mind Alyx coming to PSVR2 at all.
Maybe it would allow us to use PSVR2 natively on Steam, maybe Sony&Valve could review their Steam&PSN integration, maybe more Sony games on Steam. Possible win-win for everybody imo.
-----
Sorry all.
What? No need to apologize.
I like being teased 👀👀👀
Makes me imagine things that are better than reality. 😛

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
just finished watching this great GDC talk:

Confirms several talking points I had for years.
  • know your genre/Audience
  • show gameplay in trailers, show UI in screenshots
  • customers look for negative reviews first, are an important buying decision

he shows how users normally shop when they wishlist or buy a game, what they are looking at, what decision and why they are making it, etc.

some conclusions:
  • 0, ZERO people bought games full price,
  • no-one bought game because of twitter mentions/recommendations, nearly no-one bought games because of Discord or Reddit recommendations
  • nearly no-one wishlisted games because of twitter, discord or Reddit.
  • nearly no-one bought/wishlisted games because of streaming/lets players
the biggest decision-makers?
- Friends and Bundles are the main drivers of wishlisting and buying games

He also talks about how to make wishlisted games into sales and mentions the abandoned-cart problem.

His ending solution/recommendation of sales and bundles isn't great but that's the reality for indie developers.
He also doesn't dive into genre-defining games and no-discount indies, but I understand that he speaks to those tiny indies who sell 500 games and not the Factorio's and FTL'ers.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Sorry if i missed this discussion but WHAT IN THE FUCK DOOM ADDED A KERNAL-MODE DRIVER FOR ITS ANTICHEAT IN UPDATE 1. IN A FUCKING SINGLE PLAYER GAME.
They added for the multiplayer part of the game. So you have to have installed even if you never intend to play multiplayer

Btw, on Reddit there is someone who were able to refund the game even when he was outsider the refund window

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
just finished watching this great GDC talk:

Confirms several talking points I had for years.
  • know your genre/Audience
  • show gameplay in trailers, show UI in screenshots
  • customers look for negative reviews first, are an important buying decision

he shows how users normally shop when they wishlist or buy a game, what they are looking at, what decision and why they are making it, etc.

some conclusions:
  • 0, ZERO people bought games full price,
  • no-one bought game because of twitter mentions/recommendations, nearly no-one bought games because of Discord or Reddit recommendations
  • nearly no-one wishlisted games because of twitter, discord or Reddit.
  • nearly no-one bought/wishlisted games because of streaming/lets players
the biggest decision-makers?
- Friends and Bundles are the main drivers of wishlisting and buying games

He also talks about how to make wishlisted games into sales and mentions the abandoned-cart problem.

His ending solution/recommendation of sales and bundles isn't great but that's the reality for indie developers.
He also doesn't dive into genre-defining games and no-discount indies, but I understand that he speaks to those tiny indies who sell 500 games and not the Factorio's and FTL'ers.
re: buying indie game full price
That's an odd one. I know that I for one would buy an indie game full price even at $15 if I like the dev/pub.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Sorry if i missed this discussion but WHAT IN THE FUCK DOOM ADDED A KERNAL-MODE DRIVER FOR ITS ANTICHEAT IN UPDATE 1. IN A FUCKING SINGLE PLAYER GAME.
Worth noting that Denuvo Anti Cheat's behaviour is no different than other common anti cheat tools like Easy Anti Cheat and Battleye (unlike Valorant, these only start when the game starts and close when the game closes).
Though due to multiplayer not being what people play DOOM for, the multiplayer part of the game really should have been a separate application.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
re: buying indie game full price
That's an odd one. I know that I for one would buy an indie game full price even at $15 if I like the dev/pub.
I honestly don't remember the last time I paid full price for a game. I have over a thousand freaking games in my library. I have so much stuff to play and even then constantly get more for very cheap with bundles and sales from older games that I very very rarely even buy games day one. And even then there's usually preorder discounts or the Hamble subscriber discount (though I guess the ones one third party sites would count as "full price" because the discount comes from the retailer cut and the dev gets the "full price" share anyway? Hm.)

Reactions: lashman

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Maybe if you are 2-3h over the window. But I'm 22h in and even finished the game. I doubt they are going to refund my purchase.
Yeah, just checked and I'm at 23. Tempted to try for a refund but I have few hope for that.
At the same time, adding this shit to single player is so dumb, I'm tempted.

liezryou

MetaMember
Oct 31, 2018
Maybe if you are 2-3h over the window. But I'm 22h in and even finished the game. I doubt they are going to refund my purchase.
Yeah, just checked and I'm at 23. Tempted to try for a refund but I have few hope for that.
It can't hurt to try. It's like not they gunna ban you from refund requesting.

Worth noting that Denuvo Anti Cheat's behaviour is no different than other common anti cheat tools like Easy Anti Cheat and Battleye (unlike Valorant, these only start when the game starts and close when the game closes).
Though due to multiplayer not being what people play DOOM for, the multiplayer part of the game really should have been a separate application.
I think what makes it worse is how notoriously shite Denuvo anti-tamper is. Also yes A SP GAME having anti-cheat, regardless if it has a MP function or not. What if i want to trainer and just cause mayhem in SP mode?!?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

I think what makes it worse is how notoriously shite Denuvo anti-tamper is. Also yes A SP GAME having anti-cheat.
yeah, it's pure bullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.