Community MetaSteam | May 2021 - Wallets Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
So FF7R is PS4 exclusive, then a new version that is also exclusive, then port it to pc as an Epic exclusive.

Is this a new record in number of exclusivities in a game? Or that goes to Tetris Efect?
Tetris Effect had 3 exclusivities in total.
Yeah, Tetris Effect is up there. PS4 for a year, Epic for a year, Oculus Quest somehow squeezed in there, and Microsoft for a year with exclusive MP. I'm surprised Stadia didn't get a taste.
MS was 6 months :)

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
This just keeps pissing me off. I played the game on PS4 and can then play Intergrade on my PS5, but I'd rather play it on PC.
It worked for Sony though, they got you to buy the game on a platform other than the one you wanted to. Sadly they don't care if they're pissing you off as long as they're getting money out of you.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
The whole Wolfire vs Steam case feels like it's completely built on misinformation...
I think it's more built on a series of misunderstandings of how basically every single business relationship works. Most of the complaints seem to boil down to "Valve isn't running an independently vetted equal-opportunity charity". I mean, it would be nice if they did, but no one else is either and you can't legally force them to do that.

Last edited:

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
My son and his friends are 9 years old so they started gaming recently, including fortnite. For them that's how things work, there's no barrier of entry to play a game, and if they like it, they stick around and buy useless in-game crap. They still don't have the perception of how outragous the prices are considering what you're getting for your money, but they are formatted to expect gaming to function like this. Giftcards they get on their birthday, etc go straight into fortnite or rocket league, buying other games doesn't even cross their minds.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
It works for them.
They treat pc customers like garbage and when they eventually release their games people flock to buy them (at a ridiculous price most of the times mind you), so what kind of message do you think that sends them? Who is doing the wrong thing here?
Both. People defending FFXII selling at 50 bucks, people who tell others to buy N:A anyway, this sort of stuff. The gaming community is working against itself but that isn't a first and a lot of the people defending this stuff are actually console players.

At the end of the day I agree that people buying and giving them money are casting the only vote that matters.

• This!
Reactions: Tomasety

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
My son and his friends are 9 years old so they started gaming recently, including fortnite. For them that's how things work, there's no barrier of entry to play a game, and if they like it, they stick around and buy useless in-game crap. They still don't have the perception of how outragous the prices are considering what you're getting for your money, but they are formatted to expect gaming to function like this. Giftcards they get on their birthday, etc go straight into fortnite or rocket league, buying other games doesn't even cross their minds.
And with """"customers"""" this young, they will always associate Fortnite and the company/launcher they played it through as "that childish thing I did when I was young, but I am an adult now and I want nothing to do with it anymore".

Also a good "trick" to show what money is worth to young children is to buy a bunch of sweets, drinks, Icecream, and other things that they love and place it on the table. "All of this cost the same as one of your costumes on Fortnite"

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
God damn, RE8 is 80 euros on Steam? What the fuck? And lol @ thinking Re:Verse will sell at that price too.... Edit: Maybe I got it wrong, that's how they showed in releases but it seems that price is a bundle for 7 & 8. And there's also a bundle for 8 & Re:Verse for 59.99. Steam is being weird in displaying that stuff I guess...

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
God damn, RE8 is 80 euros on Steam? What the fuck? And lol @ thinking Re:Verse will sell at that price too.... Edit: Maybe I got it wrong, that's how they showed in releases but it seems that price is a bundle for 7 & 8. And there's also a bundle for 8 & Re:Verse for 59.99. Steam is being weird in displaying that stuff I guess...
For whatever reason it's the highest priced packaged that shows up in Steam search. The game is 60 euros.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I guess PC is going to get screwed out of a Judgment 2 announcement as long as that Stadia deal runs. Lets hope it's not an entire year.

Yuck.

Last edited:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Another stupid decision from Sega. They could have a simultaneous release with Judgement 2 on every platform if they had released 1 on PC instead of Stadia.

Edit: remove swearing to maintain civility:face-without-mouth:

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Between Pedestrian, Streets of Rage 4 and Village on PC, Returnal and Demons on PS5 my plate is packed.
How is Returnal? I am quite fond of roguelikes, should I keep it in mind if it ever comes to PC?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
How is Returnal? I am quite fond of roguelikes, should I keep it in mind if it ever comes to PC?
I haven't really played more than around 30 min, but it's good, I like the mysterious "alien" environment and lore and the gameplay is tight and fast-paced. Nice looking game too. Risk of Rain 2 on PC is the closest to the game I think.

I do think the game resonates more with the PC audience though. I have a bit of problem with aiming in the game on PS5. I definetly think the game would be easier to play with kb/m.

Reactions: Alexandros

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
It works for them.
They treat pc customers like garbage and when they eventually release their games people flock to buy them (at a ridiculous price most of the times mind you), so what kind of message do you think that sends them? Who is doing the wrong thing here?
Yup. PC gamers reward them for being treated like garbage. I have no words.

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019
Yup. PC gamers reward them for being treated like garbage. I have no words.
Its a lose-lose situation. If you buy anything you are rewarding them even if they threat you like garbage, if you don't buy anything they'll have the excuse to just stop port new games. As a customer you can't win whatever you do, only thing that probably send a message is to express dissent...nothing more

Just look at what SEGA did in front of a bag of money coming from STADIA. (Of all the things available right there they choose the motherfucking STADIA) and its not like that they did a lot of wrong things during these years, aside some late port from the japanese branch.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
It works for them.
Maybe it's my old age, but I'm so weary of "consumers" getting blamed for stuff like this. Companies will continue to do stupid self-centered shit no matter what individuals do. You just can't win. It's the same thing with EGS exclusivity -- when a game comes to Steam, I feel gross buying it. But on the other hand, if it doesn't sell on Steam, does that send a good message? It's almost like we're all forced to participate in systems that don't benefit us. On the other hand, it also feels so good to rage at people supporting shit company decisions, so I definitely feel you here.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I don't think it was posted here

Umbrella is the second character from the Skullgirls Season Pass.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety
Status
Not open for further replies.