lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Reactions: Cacher and Li Kao

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Even more than that.

Because, as you mentioned, Valve's effective cut is closer to 27% than their known cut of 30%.

So, for Valve's effective cut to be 16%, Valve would have to take a larger cut as well. Maybe closer to 16*30/27 ~ 18%.
I mean, I assuem the 27% effective cut is due to other products not having a full on 30% cut but 25% and 20%. The 16% cut would be the "same" for everyone.

This is interesting, because based on nothing more than gut feeling I would have guessed that Valve could at most go down to 20% while still maintaining at least a small buffer.
Of course, at that point they'd be far less profitable (in terms of margin) than basically any other successful technology company in a similar situation, so I really don't see why they'd do that.
At 20%, considering the same numbers, Valve would have a profit of margin of 25% (that means, they earn 25% more than their operational costs). The profit would go down to 180M or so tho.

(For curiosity, at 12%, they would be losing 180M)

This is all based on MS estimations of the market, so who knows.

Edit: actually, the more I look at that table, the less I understand what it represents out of its context. Which doc is this in?
https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.cand.364265/gov.uscourts.cand.364265.551.4.pdf

It is MS analysis of the Game Industry. It contains an analysis of Valve revenue (with their own predictions).

Last edited:

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Does RE8 have some kind of mouse acceleration going on? In the demo I wasn't able to find a sensitivity that didn't feel off.

Reactions: lashman

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
So wait, is Lost Judgment day and date on Steam then? If so, I hope that means the first one's Stadia deals runs out soon because uh... yeah.

This is so fucking stupid, too. I'm holding off on Yakuza 6 and LAD because I need to play Y3-5 first. There is nothing holding me back from jumping right into Judgment, though, so it's a really weird one to shackle to something like Stadia lol. And now I might not be able to buy the second one because the first one isn't available on Steam yet. It's almost like they don't want me to buy their games. :upside-down-face:

Reactions: Cacher

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
So wait, is Lost Judgment day and date on Steam then? If so, I hope that means the first one's Stadia deals runs out soon because uh... yeah.

This is so fucking stupid, too. I'm holding off on Yakuza 6 and LAD because I need to play Y3-5 first. There is nothing holding me back from jumping right into Judgment, though, so it's a really weird one to shackle to something like Stadia lol. And now I might not be able to buy the second one because the first one isn't available on Steam yet. It's almost like they don't want me to buy their games. :upside-down-face:
Nope. console only.
SEGA
Stupid Executives, Greedy Again
Only stupid, if they were greedy they would port it to everything.

Reactions: Cacher

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
So far I seem able to mostly maintain 60fps in RE8 but the occasional hiccup has me worried it gets worse later. I can only use 4GB textures and High shadows and the rest as maxed as it allows me, otherwise I get over my 8GB VRAM limit. I don't think I can recuce anything that has little visual impact to then have enough headroom for 6GB textures (or max shadows but that probably reduces performance). It kinda throws you off the deep end fast huh? I just died.

Also got very bad hiccups with the various blood transparencies and what not when you're attacked. How can they not optimize the very in your face stuff :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I'm ready

This version looks good, but I've already played the games and remember them well, so I sadly won't get them until on a deep sale.

I actually played ME in 2017, finished ME2 twice and ME3 once.

I liked ME2 best.

So far I seem able to mostly maintain 60fps in RE8 but the occasional hiccup has me worried it gets worse later. I can only use 4GB textures and High shadows and the rest as maxed as it allows me, otherwise I get over my 8GB VRAM limit. I don't think I can recuce anything that has little visual impact to then have enough headroom for 6GB textures (or max shadows but that probably also reduces performance). It kinda throws you off the deep end fast huh? I just died.
I have no idea how the VRAM works on the RE Engine. Im using far more VRAM than I have in Village (and in RE2 And RE3) and I had zero problems.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Does RE8 have some kind of mouse acceleration going on? In the demo I wasn't able to find a sensitivity that didn't feel off.
it does, yes ... and no, you can't turn it off

no FOV slider either (but thankfully there's a mod for that at least)

• Sad
Reactions: beep boop

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
About RE8 mouse acceleration, turn mouse sensitivity to 0 and adjust the 2 sliders for mouse camera sensitivity, it helps, but inspecting stuff gonna be painfully slow.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Man when you get into right mood Beat Saber is pure joy (and apparently good workout, i burned like 400 kcal in 45 minutes). But i am still not ready for expert, i can manage S rank on hard but Expert is still too much for me XD

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Man life is such a tease, just as I am dying to buy RE8 but can't afford it, I get a bank transfer from the unemployment office, which is strange since they never send me money and they are not supposed to send me money! Little confused I sent an email asking what's up. Really hope I can keep it though!

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Man, I don't think I've ever seen a protagonist other than Ethan get his hand mutilated so many times.

Sucks to be him!

Also, RTX performs horribly in RE8 on my 2080. Just goes to show how important DLSS/AI Upscaling is. Thanks, AMD. I just wish this company-sponsored bullcrap would just die off.

Status
Not open for further replies.