Community MetaSteam | May 2021 - Wallets Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Recently i was thinking what could be announced at E3.

• Take 2 and 2K could finally announce Bioshock, Ken Levine project, new Hangar 13 game,
  • Gearbox could finally announce Brothers in Arms game,
  • EA has Skate and i hope Jedi Fallen Order 2,
  • Saints Row 5 is sure bet from Deep Silver,
  • We could finally see new Focus projects from Asobo and Dontnod
  • Avalanche could reveal something new too but i doubt that it will be Just Cause
  • Rebellion is due to show something new

What do you expect to see?

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
2 minute gameplay trailer for Elden Ring and release date.

The rest is gravy for me really.

Some obvious stuff:

Baldurs Gate 3 full release date
Halo 5 for Steam
Starfield
Rogue Legacy 2 full release date
Bloodborne steam :)
Cyberpunk expansion

Reactions: Cacher

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Elden ring would be nice.

I would expect to see something from Monolith, it's been a while since the Wardor.
Maybe we'll see some actual Suicide Squad gameplay.
Something more from Steelrising, the Spiders game.

That's about it of the top of my head I guess.

EA has Skate and i hope Jedi Fallen Order 2,
Skate is supposedly super early, I wouldn't hold your breath on that this year.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I'd love to know what's going on internally at Microsoft with Windows.

I recently started using an old monitor again (a secondary, separate 1080p display is nice for streaming lectures etc. even if you already have a lot of screen) and it's actually a really nice display in terms of colors and contrast (an old VA), but it suffers from image persistence issues (not permanent). So I thought I'll just use the Windows wallpaper slideshow feature to make that less of a problem.
Long story short, on my (5 GHz 8 core blablabla) PC every time the background image changes my entire PC is close to freezing up. As in, at the level that I can't type smoothly in Visual Studio anymore. I'm pretty sure that PCs which are 1/10th as fast as mine is managed to transition between wallpapers smoothly without killing the interactive processes on the system.
Apparently it has been a known issue since Windows 10 1903 (!!) or something like that. Seriously, what the hell is going on in that company.

Ultimately I bought Wallpaper Engine and now run a cool over-engineered complicated high-res animated wallpaper on both of my screens. Both of them together take up ~2% CPU and ~2% GPU when running, and auto-disable when covered.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Apparently it has been a known issue since Windows 10 1903 (!!) or something like that. Seriously, what the hell is going on in that company.
Let me tell you about the SMB-related threads I've found during my journey. Issues dating from 2015 aren't fixed yet. You still can't automatically renew SMB shares after coming out of hibernate the way Windows 7 does it. You need a powershell script to do it, and to do that you need to manage execution permission policies and it's just a big bag of exhausting.

There's also the recent stuttering and downclocking issue that MS has caused and that update is still active on my end for no apparent reason.

I have no idea what's going on over at MS but it's pretty clear that at some level they don't give a fuck.

Edit : how could I forget the fact that you need to create a Library for the lock screen to accept a folder as input to a slideshow, too.

Last edited:

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Yeah windows has me so shook that I can never really use it as main again. Hell it was worth more to me to not use windows than to be able to game, so thats why I went with Mac mini for my new computer.(granted the PC for that money would have been shitty for games anyway)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
E3 hype is getting me lately, too. I feel that this year can be very big. Possibilities:

• Breath of the Wild 2 update
  • Starfield reveal and release date announcement
  • God of War Ragnarok reveal
  • Persona 5 Royal coming to PC
  • Bloodborne Remastered coming to PS5/PC
  • Something from Ubisoft (maybe Mario and Rabbids 2 and Splinter Cell)
  • Bayonetta 3, please?
  • Final Fantasy XVI update

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
My only exception from E3:

SMT V release date, come on Atlus/Nintendo! Stop milking the Persona series for a while!

Since its first reveal in January 2017, we've had:
Persona 3 Dancing
Persona 4 Dancing
Persona Q2
Persona 5 Royal
Persona 5 Strikers
P4G PC

SMT has had two re-releases of old games:
Strange Redux
Nocturne Remaster

:disappointed-face:

Last edited:
  • This!
Reactions: Cacher

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I'd love to know what's going on internally at Microsoft with Windows.

I recently started using an old monitor again (a secondary, separate 1080p display is nice for streaming lectures etc. even if you already have a lot of screen) and it's actually a really nice display in terms of colors and contrast (an old VA), but it suffers from image persistence issues (not permanent). So I thought I'll just use the Windows wallpaper slideshow feature to make that less of a problem.
Long story short, on my (5 GHz 8 core blablabla) PC every time the background image changes my entire PC is close to freezing up. As in, at the level that I can't type smoothly in Visual Studio anymore. I'm pretty sure that PCs which are 1/10th as fast as mine is managed to transition between wallpapers smoothly without killing the interactive processes on the system.

Ultimately I bought Wallpaper Engine and now run a cool over-engineered complicated high-res animated wallpaper on both of my screens. Both of them together take up ~2% CPU and ~2% GPU when running, and auto-disable when covered.
My heart goes out to anyone that needs to use Windows as a work machine (or chooses to for some reason).
Just the idea of using it instead of Ubuntu on my laptop is pure nightmare fuel.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I only have my PS4 right now so I'm focusing on beating Ghost of Tsushima and also decided to replay Until Dawn which I've been wanting to do for a while.
Game still looks fantastic and I was hooked right away.

When I have my PC again I need to find time to replay Plague Tale, I love that game so much.

Reactions: lashman

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
RE Village Demo is available now in Pacific time, btw.

There's variable rate shading & CAS FX, but no DLSS which is obviously because of the AMD partnership. And the RT options are: GI, Reflections and Light Reflection.

• Sad

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
The Resi Village demo runs like a dream. RE Engine is like the modern MT Framework, huh.
As long as you don't use Ray-tracing. :p Even with both RT settings at medium, the performance has been quite varying for me @ 1440p. Lowest was: 70 fps. (9900k & 2080 RTX) Also, the demo sections of the game have been hand-picked. And honestly, RT isn't even worth it in Village. I'd probably just use the low option in the full game to get rid of RE engine's terrible SSR.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Finished Titanfall 2, that was one fun fucking campaign. Story is whatever but boy that was some quality level design. Never expected to see cool platforming setpieces in a shootybang game but here we are.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I think it's that the console profits are redacted but you can interpolate them from the other bars in the graph.
They're not redacted at the bottom of the graph anyway., it's marked. What did they even redact here? That it's in billion dollars or what?

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
E3 hype is getting me lately, too. I feel that this year can be very big. Possibilities:

• Breath of the Wild 2 update
  • Starfield reveal and release date announcement
  • God of War Ragnarok reveal
  • Persona 5 Royal coming to PC
  • Bloodborne Remastered coming to PS5/PC
  • Something from Ubisoft (maybe Mario and Rabbids 2 and Splinter Cell)
  • Bayonetta 3, please?
  • Final Fantasy XVI update
Well I hope there's more than that because out of all those games I personally only care about Starfield :disappointed-face:

• Sad
Reactions: lashman and Cacher

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
Recently i was thinking what could be announced at E3.

• Take 2 and 2K could finally announce Bioshock, Ken Levine project, new Hangar 13 game,
  • Gearbox could finally announce Brothers in Arms game,
  • EA has Skate and i hope Jedi Fallen Order 2,
  • Saints Row 5 is sure bet from Deep Silver,
  • We could finally see new Focus projects from Asobo and Dontnod
  • Avalanche could reveal something new too but i doubt that it will be Just Cause
  • Rebellion is due to show something new

What do you expect to see?
  • Breath of the Wild 2, Metroid Prime 4
  • Nintendo Switch Pro
  • The death of anime
  • GamePass to Steam
  • Halo 5 for PC (Windows Store/Steam)
  • Halo Infinite release date
  • God of War & Ghosts of whatever announced for PC
  • PSVR 2.0 with Half-Life Alyx footage
  • More Microsoft games coming to Steam (Minecraft, Crackdown 3, Forza Motorsports 7)
  • A new MMO by Zenimax Online Studios

• Gib
Reactions: LEANIJA and lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Tried the Village demo for a short time just to check performance. Damn, amazing performance, getting 100-150 FPS at 1080p with my GTX 1080 every where everything cranked up to high with rendering at 1.1..

Last edited:

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
  • Breath of the Wild 2, Metroid Prime 4
  • Nintendo Switch Pro
  • The death of anime
  • GamePass to Steam
  • Halo 5 for PC (Windows Store/Steam)
  • Halo Infinite release date
  • God of War & Ghosts of whatever announced for PC
  • PSVR 2.0 with Half-Life Alyx footage
  • More Microsoft games coming to Steam (Minecraft, Crackdown 3, Forza Motorsports 7)
  • A new MMO by Zenimax Online Studios
I know one of those it's true :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
Queen What do you know about this quake remake rumours going on?
i heard about a quake game in dev on april 12th and that it has a full female lead player.

i also know gamepass is gonna be throwing alot of suprises out there its gonna be a battlefield sooner or later.

some of the titles coming day 1 at release is really gonna suprise people

Last edited:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I already have a pretty clear picture of today's top 10 chart (in terms of what's inside) but with the sale and the one is missing, I don't know what positions do they take :crying-face:

Games in: Nier Replicant, Automata, It Takes Two, VR Index, CS:GO, Rome total war remastered, Death Stranding, Valheim and Resident evil village.

One left, no positions yet :blobclosecry:

• Toucan

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
A quick question, did the KB5001330 issue result in drastic underclocking spikes for most people? I was experiencing a fair bit of it for no apparent reason, thermals were nice and cool so I'm smelling foul play software-wise. I uninstalled the update for now but I admit it worries me.

Also, happy sunday, people :).

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Some of the titles coming day 1 at release is really gonna suprise people

Wahay! Time to buy big bags of Popcorn and dump your stocks in the Salt Mines, people because that market is about to get flooded!

Last edited:

FunnyJay