Community MetaSteam | May 2021 - Wallets Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I don't see why you should be worried about Persona 5 Royal or Judgment on PC at all, as it's being shown thanks to Arc and Wok Sonic Colors deal was signed in 2020, so far newer content has been released on Steam, specially from Atlus, so I don't know, you shouldn't think too much about it, to be honest.

Sega had a title in Epic's backend codenamed Alexandrite since last June. At first I thought it was Sonic Mania, but it was most likely Sonic Colors which means the contract was inked a long time ago.
Funny embedding.

[Hidden content]

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I don't see why you should be worried about Persona 5 Royal or Judgment on PC at all, as it's being shown thanks to @Arc and @Wok Sonic Colors deal was signed in 2020, so far newer content has been released on Steam, specially from Atlus, so I don't know, you shouldn't think too much about it, to be honest.
Plus, Sega only has Mania and Colors on EGS. There is no other SEGA game planned on EGS for now.

Hidden content
You are not allowed to view this content

Reactions: Mor and Xclash

Xclash

MetaMember
Dec 13, 2018
Plus, Sega only has Mania and Colors on EGS. There is no other SEGA game planned on EGS for now.

[Hidden content]
I’m not surprised but everyone forgot about Total War Saga Troy.
Edit: Just realize you were speaking of future Sega releases.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I’m not surprised but everyone forgot about Total War Saga Troy.
Right. Troy is by SEGA Europe:

Both Sonic are by Sega America:

SEGA (the base name) only has PSO 2.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
I had no idea Chicory: A Colorful Tale involved the creator of Wandersong (which was one of my top games of the year when I played it). Super interested, it is releasing June 10.

I checked out Vivid Knight last night and in spite of its mobile appearances, it is pretty darn fun.

Anyone try Sumire or Erica? Both look pretty interesting. Also want to check out Snowrunner, but not sure if I should stick to the base or premium.

So many games coming out or just released, it is hard to be too upset at the news of Sega shenanigans, even though it is annoying to have them swayed by exclusive deals. That said, thank you Wok, Arc, and Mor for sleuthing the database, hopefully the lack of other entries indicates no future deals for now.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I mean, we don't know what the future will give us but what I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't relate Judgment/Persona to what happened with this one because this one most likely was signed more or less at the same time as Total War Rome and by the look of it, the game should have probably being released last year and not this one, but to the point, just do not worry that much. :cat-heart-blob:

• Hug
Reactions: C-Dub and Routa

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018

I know, it's a decade old by now and could almost go for retro gaming but I just got around finishing Season 1 of The Walking Dead.
Adventure games aren't usually my forte, definitely not pure adventure titles. So, your mileage might vary.
But for the most part, I had a really good time with The Walking Dead. Hopefully, the sequels become even better and deeper.

By now, you probably watched or at least heard of The Walking Dead franchise. It's a zombie apocalypse setting without any fantastical themes. It's rather grim and realistic in its tone which makes it even scarier, to be honest.

The story follows Lee, a convict who experiences the zombie outbreak firsthand and quickly ends up taking care of a small kid, Clementine.
After that, it's basically all about survival. Along your journey, you meet a nice and diverse cast of characters.
I enjoyed the small scope of the story that emphasizes how every little step in this dangerous world is a massive undertaking. The writing and characters did a great job of immersing me, too.
Without spoiling a decade-old game, there were some plot twists I saw coming but to my surprise plenty of others that literally had my jaw drop. Think that's an excellent sign that despite the game's shortcomings, Telltale succeeded where it counts. Getting me invested in the fate of the cast.

Speaking of downsides. There are a lot but once you stop focusing on them, they become a footnote.
Technically speaking, the game feels low-budget. Thanks to outstanding voice work, you forget it quickly though.
Other than the natural signs of a 2012 title like low poly models, limited number of models, low-resolution textures, there's nothing radically wrong here.
Better ultrawide support would have been nice, but it's nothing the Flawless Widescreen program didn't solve.

It plays out like a "Chose your own path" novel without really massive changes to the story. Guess it would become simply too overwhelming of a workload for the devs. Anyhow, since there are not really that meaningful changes, it feels more like a one-time experience. Alas, I don't really see a lot of value in replaying it.
In case you're a diehard adventure aficionado, the puzzles here might be too simple. As a relative outsider to the genre, I found them pretty braindead too but just fitting to keep the story going nicely. And that's what I loved most about it. The characters and their struggles. I'd wager anyone who doesn't fall in love with Clementine after playing the game has no heart anymore, haha.

Oh yeah, I also played the 400 Days DLC afterward. It's a fun but brief side story that is entirely separate from the main game. New characters, new story etc. just takes place in the same world. It's a fun half-hour but not really essential to play whatsoever.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
After taking a break for a few days, Tigrey has been vanquished! :dmcblob: On today's first try even. :coffee-blob:
Next up was Velkhana, which I felt was easier.
Then a cutscene happened and I'm no longer sure :sweaty-blob:

I continue to be amazed at just how goooood World/Iceborne look and feel.

Reactions: Swenhir and PhaZZe

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
For the Finns amongst us a bunch of photos from the Unreal World devs. They usually have great pictures or video in their updates.

They also had some Iron Age recipes in the pamphlet for a Video Game Cookery Exhibition - The Cake is a Lie

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I would be very happy if Forbidden West came to PC same time as PS5. And I own a PS5.
yep, would be great. HZD played tons better on PC with mouse and keyboard and higher FOV, no motion blur... (compared to the PSNow version...and I played through almost the whole game on PSNow)

~

I played some WOW BC Classic and its giving me this feeling of complete emptiness. :p After enjoying RE Village so much, I need a new game ;)

edit: typo

Last edited:
Reactions: QFNS

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Feels a bit "fuck you, got mine" though. Also, unfortunately illegal I believe.
The pricing seems in line with what average Pole would think about standard of living in various countries. Just like how Japanese publishers think that just because a country is in the EU, they earn as much as Germans.

Not sure what you mean by illegal though? There are some games that are much cheaper in PLN than in USD, for example PUBG. The vast majority is priced between USD and EUR, with a few being even more expensive than the EUR price (no idea what those publishers are thinking lol).

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Holy shit Doom Eternal Ancient Gods part 1 is difficulty. I always try to not use any sort of HP cheats, but I have to in this DLC and Im just playing the second easiest difficulty.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
The pricing seems in line with what average Pole would think about standard of living in various countries. Just like how Japanese publishers think that just because a country is in the EU, they earn as much as Germans.

Not sure what you mean by illegal though? There are some games that are much cheaper in PLN than in USD, for example PUBG. The vast majority is priced between USD and EUR, with a few being even more expensive than the EUR price (no idea what those publishers are thinking lol).
Bear in mind, I disagree with the law there but I understand that under EU law a price in euro has to be consistent across the economic zone.

Reactions: lashman

thistestnow

*doom noises*
Feb 16, 2021
Holy shit Doom Eternal Ancient Gods part 1 is difficulty. I always try to not use any sort of HP cheats, but I have to in this DLC and Im just playing the second easiest difficulty.
That is the nerfed version of TAG 1 as well.

I wish they only nerfed it for difficulties under Nightmare, weird decision.

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Lol, that one got me. Kill the enemies with CD-R!

Haven't played a Far Cry game since, well, the first one but the gameplay and guns here look solid.

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
Sweeney got annoyed by my humorless trolling and he's trying to troll me back.
Lol I recently found out that Sweeny blocked me on Twitter. I got no idea why, he hasn't responded to me in a pretty long time and my last tweet was asking him how they planned to convert their customers redeeming free games into paying customers

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Hmm, yeah. If you haven't learned how to quick switch, then you're unfortunately going to have a hard time beating TAG1 without cheats. TAG2 is better paced, though.

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
apparently a reddit user (who deleted their account right in front of their eyes) probably got some stuff right about that handheld valve console, and it looks like the APU it will use is probably that AMD Van Gogh (the apu was codenamed Aerith, some guy who's apparently known for saying amd stuff confirmed it was van gogh)

according to some other guy, the apu would potentially run like a setup with amd 3300x and rx 560 at 9 w? i'm no professional, but i did look up benchmarks and it does look like a pretty good handheld, like runs most modern games on stable 50-60 fps with medium/high settings

in very related news, i feel like i should change my profile picture instead of a picture i found on my pc

Dec 5, 2018
Bear in mind, I disagree with the law there but I understand that under EU law a price in euro has to be consistent across the economic zone.
Not really, you can have different prices in differen countries. What you can't do is locking me from activating/using a game i could have gotten for a cheaper price in another EU country.

In fact, I believe that Divinity OS 2 was (might still be, I don't know how to check this in steamdb) a few euros cheaper here than other EU countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.