Community MetaSteam | May 2022 - May Comes Kicking Like a Kangaroo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
It's so tempting to buy all the DLC for Stellaris(minus the species packs). Would be like... $92. But I won't. I have too many games I don't play as is.
For whatever reason, it's basically always significantly cheaper to buy Paradox DLC on 3rd party stores like Humble, WinGameStore, or GMG. E.g. I got all the DLC, except for Federation/Utopia/Leviathans and Overlord, on Wingamestore last week for $50, including the species packs (which have small non-visual content now, like origins).

Gamebillet looks like the best place right now: Search

Actually Paradox's DLC sales alone are evidence enough against that Wolfire lawsuit honestly :p Steam prices never go down as far as they do on the other sites.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
For whatever reason, it's basically always significantly cheaper to buy Paradox DLC on 3rd party stores like Humble, WinGameStore, or GMG. E.g. I got all the DLC, except for Federation/Utopia/Leviathans and Overlord, on Wingamestore last week for $50, including the species packs (which have small non-visual content now, like origins).

Gamebillet looks like the best place right now: Search

Actually Paradox's DLC sales alone are evidence enough against that Wolfire lawsuit honestly :p Steam prices never go down as far as they do on the other sites.
Because of currency conversion, only one of them was cheaper for me, but thanks for getting me to shop around a bit! Humble actually has several of them cheaper than Steam right now as well.

Reactions: Tomasety and Amzin

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Because of currency conversion, only one of them was cheaper for me, but thanks for getting me to shop around a bit! Humble actually has several of them cheaper than Steam right now as well.
Ah yea, didn't think about that. There are like, 5-6 legit shops I buy from but I'm sure they all handle currencies differently.

Reactions: Tomasety

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
thought i was making bad images for photogrammetry

no, turns out that, if you load a set of images, create a new project, and then load another set of images, some form of "residue" data will be left on it, so your new project turns to mud basically
it's easy to fix (just turn the program on and off), but damn it has wasted me a lot of time

edit: no it wasn't just that, apparently i also have to empty the temp folder every time i exit it so it doesn't mess up

i've tried several times on the same images, and it looks like this is the only method to keep consistent and promising results

Last edited:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Weekend finally. I was able to get back to my old job and have put my 100% into working during the week, and it was incredibly tiring but satisfying. I bought a PS2 game called Sacred Blaze, developed by the same team who worked on Summon Night and the recent Maglam Lord. Going to leave the chores and shopping tomorrow so I can enjoy gaming today.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Amazon is a good fit for EA. They can make tv shows with gaming ip like Mirrors Edge, Dead Space, Dragon Age etc.

Don't really see Apple or Disney doing it.

But its only a matter of time until all the big publishers get scooped up. I can see Apple maybe go after Take-Two and Sony go after Ubisoft.

Microsoft getting Activision has changed the game. Throwing that type of money around is gonna make everyone jealous. Everyone wants that security blanket now.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
I wonder if potential buyers will wait to see if EA can survive without FIFA Ultimate Team.
Yeah that's a good guess. Though it's also possible that whatever EA's next FIFA-like ends up being it'll do just as well for them as long as they have all of the likenesses, or most of them. So that's a pretty big gamble for potential buyers to wait it out.

And like Naroh said there's still Madden and now F1. As well as Apex only getting bigger as time goes on. Them finally putting it on Steam was huge for the game.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
They still have Madden.
And given that F1 is exploding in popularity, it should do the trick for now.
I don't know... Doesn't seems to me that Madden and F1 can be compared with FIFA's reach.

EA's FIFA(RIP) was fucking massive.

Yeah that's a good guess. Though it's also possible that whatever EA's next FIFA-like ends up being it'll do just as well for them as long as they have all of the likenesses, or most of them. So that's a pretty big gamble for potential buyers to wait it out.

And like Naroh said there's still Madden and now F1. As well as Apex only getting bigger as time goes on. Them finally putting it on Steam was huge for the game.
Yeah, I forgot about Apex, and the mobile version is pretty good as well, could be huge too when they released in more regions.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Yeah, I forgot about Apex, and the mobile version is pretty good as well, could be huge too when they released in more regions.
Oh right! I keep forgetting about the mobile version of it. Yeah, that's been a pretty big hit for them there too.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Definitely a day 1 purchase for me if it's real. Been waiting for Hatsune Miku on PC for a long time :blobeyes:
Holy shit, what? What did I miss? Day one if true. I bought the Vita game on a whim while I was waiting for P4 Dancing All Night to come out and I was not prepared. I'm not really into the vocaloid music (although it does get catchy after a while...) but goddamn if that wasn't the most fun rhythm game I've ever played. And P4D ended up being the polar opposite: god-tier music but super eh gameplay.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Something strange,

People seem to be upset that Xbox sold better than PS5 in Japan.

The weird thing is that I feel like it should be highlighted how Sony just doesn't send enough PS5 to Japan in general. In a way it makes sense since they have "given up" on the region, and a lot of the bigger Japanese game stuff that Sony does is more for the west than it is for Japan. You want Final Fantasy? Sure we will sign a big exclusivity deal for that, Falcom games? Who is that again?.

Ibuki

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

Indie sale/event just started. Looks like it includes a bunch of Japanese indie games. If anyone finds anything of note please give a heads up.

Gonna pick up LiEat myself.

Also looking at Mad Father and Misao, two indie horror games I’ve been wanting to check out for a while

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

Indie sale/event just started. Looks like it includes a bunch of Japanese indie games. If anyone finds anything of note please give a heads up.

Also looking at Mad Father and Misao, two indie horror games I’ve been wanting to check out for a while

Didn't they do a six hour stream last time with all the games for this event?

derFeef

Cthulhu dreams.
Apr 17, 2019
AUT
Was it not on Steam and I am imagining things? Pretty sure I played it there - seems pretty wild to just remove it from accounts if that's the case.

• Eyes
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Was it not on Steam and I am imagining things? Pretty sure I played it there - seems pretty wild to just remove it from accounts if that's the case.
It was on Steam yes, did they remove it from your account? WHAT?

• Eyes

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
after thousands of different images, a whole day of trying, and even longer for calculations, i can finally present the room

yeah, we're using caption text now, it's THAT fucking fancy

my room in it's entirety, 1178 images of every detail within the room, including every plank, carpet pinch, cloth and key you can see

you're probably asking "but why is it very transparent at times", it's simple; it's too fucking detailed to even make a proper rendition of, even when it's at something relatively low as 2 500 000 FUCKING TRIS (the real reason is that, in times of pretty-much-the-same-colour situations, it instead renders the unique colours instead of all colours at once, that's why planks of the same colour aren't that visible, while the lavender cloth on my bed is rendered "fully", because of it's various shadows and what not)

you can zoom in, and look at every fucking detail; take a glance on my unfinished tamiya ferrari model that i bought two years ago, take a look at the hobby glue on my drawer which i bought to use on said model but forgot, take a look at my fucking sunglasses which weren't rendered properly because of the glass on them, go around and all

edit: it's so detailed, that even both of my main PCs (the laptop and the big desktop) are having difficulties loading it in

Last edited:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Ended up going out for a walk. I saw a man walking, having his mask pulld down and brushing his teeth on the street. Minutes later I saw another man in 60s or 70s staring at a Little Witch Nobeta commercial for at least 10 minutes.

Time to head home. That's enough weird Japan for today.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018

I recommend picking up the entire Miwashibundle.
Alicemare is good, LiEat and 1bitHeart are fantastic.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Ibuki

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Was Pure the one with with the entire American continent? Or am I imagining things?
Hmm, I think you are mistaken, but I’m not 100% myself. Pure IIRC was a very spectacular racer, but traditional. Fuel was maybe more open world but I don’t recall the scope. The only game with full continent I can think of is the one from Ubi.

Reactions: FunnyJay
Status
Not open for further replies.