Community MetaSteam | May 2023 - Bloody hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
It looks like they just took a tablet and stuck in the middle of a PS5 controller lmao.

Come on Sony put a little more effort into it.

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
Spiderman on my PS4 ran so bad the traversal made me sick, but I must confess this looks nice (as a non Comic/Marvel reader/watcher like you may have guessed already).

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Now if they went down the Web of Shadows route of letting me take over New York as the a full blown Venomised Spiderman it could be cool.

But too many QTE's, chase sequences in there.

The Indies where cool and MGS could be great.

• This!
Reactions: Panda Pedinte

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
I think MGS Volume 2 collection will be Peace Walker, MGS4 and and maybe Twin Snakes.

MGS4 has to apart of it now otherwise I don't think they have enough to call it Volume 2 lol.
It's been long enough that a rerelease of Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain wouldn't be weird. Vol. 2 could easily just be Peace Walker, Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain.

Reactions: LEANIJA

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
Wow, that showcase sucked ass.

A few neat things there, but the trailer for MGS 3 Remake was shit, and by and large was a massive meh sandwich.
I agree most of the Hype shit was 3rd party like MGS, Talos Principle 2, Ghostrunner 2, Dragon's Dogma 2, and Alan Wake 2. Also no 1st party PC ports... lame

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
The Showcase was good as far as indie games and Nostalgia goes. But yea not a good show if you are trying to sell a PS5 to people. Very weak 1st party showings.

Crazy that Factions wasn't in it. Why did Druckmann even come out on stage last year to talk about it? Looks like the game isn't anywhere near ready if they have nothing to show a year later.

It's been long enough that a rerelease of Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain wouldn't be weird. Vol. 2 could easily just be Peace Walker, Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain.
They should do that for a Volume 3. Throw in Rising Revengeance and Survive as well lol.

But Volume 2 must have MGS4 and Peace Walker. They are the sequels to MGS2 and MGS3 so a Volume 2 without them will just be dumb. And if they can't do Twin Snakes just throw in Portable Ops. fuck it wtvr it will be a ton of fun on Deck.

Last edited:
Reactions: thekeats1999

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I didn't expect anything that interests me (and I didn't watch), so I'm pleasantly surprised by what I'm reading.
  • Talos Principle 2: The first one was fantastic, but it would be a bit sad to play 2 without VR, it really fit the game extremely well both gameplay-wise and thematically.
  • Arizona Sunshine 2: The initial game wasn't outstanding in any way, but it was a really solid VR shooter with story-driven campaign co-op, and that's rare. If the second one repats that I'm in for it.
  • Dragon's Dogma 2: Nice.

Reactions: Ge0force and QFNS

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
Phantom Blade 0 was the surprise of the show for me - looks amazing, unsure about gameplay. It reminded me a bit of the "A Chinese Ghost Story" movies of the 80s/90s, I loved those as a kid.

Alan Wake 2 had the best trailer, but as I don't have an Epic account it seems I must buy a Xbox Series S next Black Friday to play this...

Reactions: lashman

Gelf

Apr 22, 2019
Interesting they'll be releasing both the original and a remake of MGS3. Don't usually see that happening.

Glad for that though, I don't like remakes being treated as replacements rather than the seperate games they are.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
You know what would've been better? If Konami remade the MGS3 reveal trailer in the remake's engine.

Would've been hype as fuck, and 12 minutes not spent watching the other shite Sony showed instead.

• This!
Reactions: Stevey and lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Interesting they'll be releasing both the original and a remake of MGS3. Don't usually see that happening.

Glad for that though, I don't like remakes being treated as replacements rather than the seperate games they are.
yup, same!

* looks menacingly at capcpom *

I'm being pedantic or overly sensitive, but I hate that even official journalism websites are calling this a "Samurai" action game when it's clear as day Chinese wu shu inspired and not Japanese...

Either way, this was the star of the show for me, so I'm glad to see PC confirmed. (y)
orientalism is alive and well

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Alan Wake 2 not having a physical release is actually very dissapointing as I own the Collector's Edition for my X360 and would have liked to buy physical for AW 2 for my PS5 (don't have a Series S/X) + digital on EGS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.