Community MetaSteam | May 2024 - Wake up samurai, we gonna get this Persian kitty home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

I'm liking Deadlock's aesthetic, but reading about it makes me not want to touch it as it does sound like Dota 3.

Don't know if anyone cares but while you weren't looking Dota 3 just came out
I'll never touch it again, but I was reading the patch notes. Icefrog is a madman.

Reactions: lashman

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018

:thinking-face:

• Evil
  • Toucan
Reactions: Kvik and lashman

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com

:thinking-face:

Come on, when is this turning green!

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Nightdive FPS Humble Bundle

I nabbed this the moment I saw it even though I own a lot of these titles.

Forsaken took me back to the N64 era. Damn that D&B soundtrack still kicks ass. Weird oddity, the track on the 2nd or 3rd level actually samples 90's comedian Sam Kinison's trademark scream, lol.

Big fan of Turok 1 & 2 from back in the day but never played T3. Oh boy does it have, "Shit, Half-Life just dropped and redefined everything!" written all over it. It gloriously cheese (writing, voice acting) and a pleasant departure from the key hunt structure of T1/T2. Seems legit fun to play in the modern age, esp. with that glorious high-res/120fps EE upgrade.

Next up: Powerslave

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
Don't know if anyone cares but while you weren't looking Dota 3 just came out
I care! For now...

Soooo the leaks for Dota 4 are looking pretty interesting.

Tons of high quality Deadlock footage just leaked. It looks very polished, but those >60 second respawn timers and long match timers scare me.
Thanks for posting this. The fact that there are frag montages for Deadlock is pretty amusing.

Reason: Deadlock
Reactions: Arc

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Skulls show was a bit dull. But all I can say is Fuck Yeah to Mechanicus II. Probably the best GW game in the last few years and I am more excited for this than Space Marine 2.

Also for those interested. Rogue Trader is now Steam Deck Verified

Last edited:

Eila

Jan 21, 2019
I saw Castle in the Sky in theaters today, I liked it. some people did giggle when they said "La Puta",
That's awesome. I'd love to watch Ghibli stuff in theaters. I missed on watching Boy and the Heron, and it still hasn't come out on VOD, haha. Though it is coming out in July.

Reactions: PC-tan

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
That's awesome. I'd love to watch Ghibli stuff in theaters. I missed on watching Boy and the Heron, and it still hasn't come out on VOD, haha. Though it is coming out in July.
Fathom takes part in Ghibli Fest every year, so every year they swap out which Ghibli movies they show that year, but there are main stays that they show every year like Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service, My neighbor Totoro.

Here is the video from last year

This is this year's video

I did get a chance to watch The Boy and the Heron, I enjoyed the movie.

I'm really happy that Regal has a theater the next town over from me and it's just a 35 minute drive there. And how they do regularly participate in showing anime movies.

In addition to some Ghibli stuff I also bought my ticket for this as well.

By the way it does look like at least in the US they did another run of the Boy and the Heron in theaters this past March.

By the way all of this stuff is available in both English Sub and English Dub. They have Dub 1 day and then they have the Sub version on another day. So it's nice that people have options to watch which ever version they are most comfortable with. Sadly the Cowboy Bebop movie was just the subbed version so I ended watching the whole series like that before I went to go watch that movie.

• Comfy
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019

Volvy is back bitches! Hopefully more news on Skate Story.
:steam_pigblanket:

June 6-10th is pretty much booked. Should be a fun 5 days of showcases and announcements.

All that is missing is the Nintendo Direct and a Sony event if they don't do it this month.

• Comfy
Reactions: jads653

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
No matter what Valve never misses with artstyle and music

Art style looks like a mixture of TF2 and Dishonored. It looks great.

Valve really needs to drop the trailer and make an official announcement. At least put up the steam page.

This was such a shitty way to unveil a video game. The entire thing leaked across twitter, discord and some news articles.

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
Well I guess Stellar Blade fans won't have to wait the pc release to get the "uncensored" outfits any more since the devs added them back as new costumes

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
I wasn't super keen on Deadlock at first but the art style is growing on me. Apparently it's still meant to have MOBA elements? Footage shows monster camps around the maps and whatnot.

YunoLumi

Indie games
Nov 25, 2022
Norway
Well I guess Stellar Blade fans won't have to wait the pc release to get the "uncensored" outfits any more since the devs added them back as new costumes
I hope they self publish on PC if it gets ported.
This game is 899 NOK (=$85) on PSN.
Just noticed Spider man 2 increased price from 799 NOK ($75) NOK to 999 NOK ($95)
Fuck Sony :disapproval-blob:

• Sad
Reactions: Panda Pedinte

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Wanted to subscribe to Gamepass for a month to play Hellblade 2 since there's an offer for 1€ for a month.

I literally just click on the big, green "SUBSCRIBE FOR 1€" and all i get, whenever i click on it, is a fucking error message " THIS DIDN'T WORK, PLEASE TRY AGAIN"

It's just a launcher tho.

What does Valve even do??

Steam wasn't great at the start either!!

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
There's a very long but interesting Twitter thread from an ex-Square Enix producer where he talks about how companies arrive at sales targets for games, how discrete AAA games are fighting a losing war for gamers' attention against live service games and why the price of AAA games will (and has to) go up from the publisher's perspective.

Again, it's long but I do recommend that people go through it. For example, near the beginning he gives rough numbers about why a game needs to sell some silly number like 8 million copies at full price to be considered worth making. It gives some perspective on what is currently going on in the industry.

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
There's a very long but interesting Twitter thread from an ex-Square Enix producer where he talks about how companies arrive at sales targets for games, how discrete AAA games are fighting a losing war for gamers' attention against live service games and why the price of AAA games will (and has to) go up from the publisher's perspective.

Again, it's long but I do recommend that people go through it. For example, near the beginning he gives rough numbers about why a game needs to sell some silly number like 8 million copies at full price to be considered worth making. It gives some perspective on what is currently going on in the industry.
What he has to say this time might have sense, but I still remember the guy from the time he said Silent Hill Ascension would have MILLIONS of regular viewers

Status
Not open for further replies.