Community MetaSteam | November 2019 - You Can't Spell Steam Without EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
As someone who enjoyed all of MGS4 - yes, the cutscenes too - learning that Death Stranding has weird themes bordering on nonsense and long-winded cutscenes, I'm even more excited for next summer.
Have seen lots of gameplay and I hope it'll be enjoyable.

Reactions: Samson

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I bet Remedy is itching to release this thing on Steam, given that it bombed spectacularily.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Dont you like exploding trains that roll 1mm over your nose?
My Kriegsaboo heart would have at least desired something actually recognizable.
I think i gotta replay Company of Heroes 2, whenever i can find the time

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
that's true, can't see any sales figure in NPDs or even afterwards
Not even it the UK or if it did it was like a week and then dropped off the face of the Earth. And lets not even talk about Japan.
And maybe they’re okay now but they cant be releasing bomb after bomb.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
It didnt even chart anywhere IIRC
Its crazy games like that are even made anymore.

60$ for a 8-10hr singleplayer only game. How does something like that even succeed in todays industry?

Remedy has never been a big hit studio either so I don't know how they expected it to perform but I doubt it does all that well even on Steam.

I wouldn't mind them putting that shit in PC gamepass tho :sneaky:

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
didn't they say it sold well? though epic did pay like 10 mil for them so it's not like they're hurt financially
I don't think 10m€ out of which Remedy got 45% is any good. This is all they got for PC version (and maybe even will for year)

~30m€ game out of which 505 paid 7.75m€ leaving 17.75m€ loss.

Did it sell 18m€ worth on consoles? On new copies. 0% of used copies.

Remedy would likely get only around 16$ per 60$ copy. (20% console fee + 20% distributor fee) and then 45% 55% Remedy/505 split.
(~$19 for digital copies)

I have my doubts.

Reactions: lashman

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Its crazy games like that are even made anymore.

60$ for a 8-10hr singleplayer only game. How does something like that even succeed in todays industry?

Remedy has never been a big hit studio either so I don't know how they expected it to perform but I doubt it does all that well even on Steam.

I wouldn't mind them putting that shit in PC gamepass tho :sneaky:
We need to get back to PS2 days, with a shit ton of low risk, high creativity games.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium

🤔

edit added 3 days ago:

This his feels like trolling to me after signing an exclusivity deal with a storefront without mod support. 😡

No doubt Control is an awesome game, but I'm done with Remedy pissing me off. From turning Alan Wake into an Xbox exclusive, to the terrible WinStore exclusive release and now the EGS deal, they can GTFO as far as I'm concerned.

And yes I know, these decisions are often made by the publisher. But it's Remedy signing the exclusivity deals.

Reactions: Samson and xinek

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Didn't the MechWarrior 5 guy said that EGS would have their workshop-like thing early next year? Maybe they are planning to support it plus Steam workshop when Control releases there next August.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
This his feels like trolling to me after signing an exclusivity deal with a storefront without mod support. 😡

No doubt Control is an awesome game, but I'm done with Remedy pissing me off. From turning Alan Wake into an Xbox exclusive, to the terrible WinStore exclusive release and now the EGS deal, they can GTFO as far as I'm concerned.

And yes I know, these decisions are often made by the publisher. But it's Remedy signing the exclusivity deals.
Control is a good game but for some reason I always get sleepy when playing it.

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
What exactly are you smoking while playing Control? 😉
Haha, a friend also told me the same xD
Sam Lake described it as a fever dream and it totally feels that way. It has a great atmosphere. And FUCK that muppet show. Nightmare fuel.
Shame about the performance tho. Even on a Xbox One X it has a ton of framedrops.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I feel a fury inside of me every time I read on Reddit that someone will wait until Disco Elysium is on game pass or Humble Monthly (despite the devs have said it won't me in Humble Monthly).

What the fuck are you doing. The game is fucking amazing. Buy it.
FWIW, given how many people are in the credits and how many reviews it has on Steam now, I'm pretty sure it was quite successful.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Didn't expect it, but I've become really excited for Death Stranding PC. Mindlessly plodding around a pretty wasteland against some ambient music now and then? Yup, give it to me. It sounds like Kojima made an immersive walking-sim, which is both cool and hilarious.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samson and lashman

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
728, I have not seen a number this high in over a year. I think my all time high was 738.

Credit is a weird thing

The one thing I like about SIE is that they have nice CEs and I'm hoping that my Death Stranding CE will be nice (assuming Best Buy doesn't damage it or something)

Reactions: NarohDethan

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
728, I have not seen a number this high in over a year. I think my all time high was 738.

Credit is a weird thing

The one thing I like about SIE is that they have nice CEs and I'm hoping that my Death Stranding CE will be nice (assuming Best Buy doesn't damage it or something)
Oh man you bought the PS4? Or just the game?

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018
Earlier I saw a speedrun of Ys 9 and it honestly looks like a rehash of Ys 8, which is pretty disappointing for me... 8 annoyed me for the amount of cutscenes it had and the raid mechanic, which just felt like padding, and both of those look like they're returning for 9. I just hope this time around the story doesn't take forever to get rolling like 8's did. The premise at least seems interesting, and so do the movement options. Dungeons and soundtrack seem improved too, but they don't seem to hit the peaks Oath did (and I assume Origin too, despite me not playing that one yet).

I hope we get a 3D Ys game in the style of Oath/Origin someday. I'm sick of dragging a party around and the cutscenes that come with them.

Reactions: lashman

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Its all my fault!
Was Nintendo the only one make a more beefed up version of their hardware?

Or at least I mean what happened? At most we got a newer slimmer version of consoles. But not anymore.

Sony has done it, MS has done it, and Nintendo has done it.

In the case of Nintendo there was good and bad, the good is some games on the go like Xenoblade Chronicles the bad was that you needed to buy new hardware just to play it.

With Sony and MS they have made it where games are required to play on the base consoles as well.

So... don't expect N/S "Pro" games to play on the OG system. Because Nintendo did give a flip about that. I mean after all they did flat out say they would like household to own multiple N/S systems.....

Well at least you will be able to play those games on newer hardware because of BC so it will be like playing on a PS4 Pro so there is some good to it?

The bad will be that it will not work for all games and that they will pretty much look the same way as they did on OG PS4 unless Sony does something where your PS4 games are enhances via Post Processing? (did I say that correctly?) I think they did something like that on the PS Vita for PSP games

By the way what's a good FPS game

or do you guys not play FPS games?

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Was Nintendo the only one make a more beefed up version of their hardware?

Or at least I mean what happened? At most we got a newer slimmer version of consoles. But not anymore.

Sony has done it, MS has done it, and Nintendo has done it.

In the case of Nintendo there was good and bad, the good is some games on the go like Xenoblade Chronicles the bad was that you needed to buy new hardware just to play it.

With Sony and MS they have made it where games are required to play on the base consoles as well.

So... don't expect N/S "Pro" games to play on the OG system. Because Nintendo did give a flip about that. I mean after all they did flat out say they would like household to own multiple N/S systems.....

Well at least you will be able to play those games on newer hardware because of BC so it will be like playing on a PS4 Pro so there is some good to it?

The bad will be that it will not work for all games and that they will pretty much look the same way as they did on OG PS4 unless Sony does something where your PS4 games are enhances via Post Processing? (did I say that correctly?) I think they did something like that on the PS Vita for PSP games

By the way what's a good FPS game

or do you guys not play FPS games?
I hope PS5 has some kind of BC a la Xbox One X

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I'm about ready to officially declare outer worlds a bust. I want to get through the game before saying for sure but it's been boring me non stop and after almost 15 hours and about 4 locations I feel like nothing's going to change at this point. I'm pretty bummed out that it turned out so poor. Everything in the game just feels flat and too restricted by their low budget. But it also has some of the worst balancing I've ever seen in a RPG and really that doesn't have much to do with budget, that's just a misfire by the devs.

Status
Not open for further replies.