Community MetaSteam | November 2019 - You Can't Spell Steam Without EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
edit: Nope. Because the game has native support for DS4 i had to disable DS4 support in Big Picture Mode and it works but i'm sure there's a more elegant way to do this.

edit: Re-enabled DS4 in BPM and disabled BPM overlay on the game and Nope. I might just launch through Origin if Steam is going to be this much of a pain in the arse. Someone, somewhere must know the Mystical Option-Combo for DS4 icons in games though Steam!
Ah that sucks. I just fired it up and it works for me but im not in BPM (even though im a comfy couch player).
Is there not a setting to completely disable the steam controller function whilst in BPM? then it should default to native support.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Ah that sucks. I just fired it up and it works for me but im not in BPM (even though im a comfy couch player).
Is there not a setting to completely disable the steam controller function whilst in BPM? then it should default to native support.
If i disable DS4 support in BPM then it will show the DS4 controls so i guess i'll just have to remember to turn it back on when i try other games.
I don't play with BPM on, it's the only place to configure controller support in the Steam Client.

NarohDethan Given what i know of Regional Pricing where you are, no freaking way am i going to be that guy :grimacing-face:

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
If i disable DS4 support in BPM then it will show the DS4 controls so i guess i'll just have to remember to turn it back on when i try other games.
I don't play with BPM on, it's the only place to configure controller support in the Steam Client.

NarohDethan Given what i know of Regional Pricing where you are, no freaking way am i going to be that guy :grimacing-face:
You can just disable it for single games. If you go into properties there is a drop down box, second from bottom which if you chose forced off it will disable the steam input.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Joe Spangle Thanks, I've tried that and it doesn't seem to work. Currently have DS4 BPM Support On, Steam Overlay On, Steam Input Global (PS), BPM Overlay Forced Off and i get the XBox prompts.

Going to try DS4 BPM Support On, Steam Overlay On, Steam Input Forced Off, BPM Overlay Forced Off - again. Nope, need Steam Input for the DS4 to be picked up. sigh

edit: Going to try DS4 BPM Support Off, Steam Overlay On, Steam Input Global (None), BPM Overlay Forced Off - That works. Looks like something isn't being set properly in the Steam Client or i'm not understanding how it works.

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
On chapter 3 in Fallen Order. It's still very good, but the first hour was the best. Still, these kinds of games are the types of games that I truly love. Fallen Order, Plague Tale, Alan Wake, Last of Us, God of War etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
New Client update now let's you choose between family shared libraries again.
Sort of. You have to go Small Mode.

Baby steps Valve.

Reactions: lashman

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
On chapter 3 in Fallen Order. It's still very good, but the first hour was the best. Still, these kinds of games are the types of games that I truly love. Fallen Order, Plague Tale, Alan Wake, Last of Us, God of War etc.
That is a quality list of titles to compare to.

(Maybe a PS4 rental is in order)

Y’all want to bankrupt me!
Noooooooooooooooooo

Y'all love games and are on the ball but half the time I have not idea these games ever existed! I mean I trust most of you but..........

Naroh, be your own Game Purchase Choice Executive.

Last edited:
Reactions: NarohDethan

Deleted member 113

Do you need to play the previous games to understand the story? Or are the games standalone?
I'm yet to play it, but from what I read a while back, I believe you don't need to, the games happen in the same universe, but they are not direct sequels.

Again, maybe The Queen (sorry to keep tagging you ;) ) knows more, since she has posted about the series before, and has been posting some lovely screenshots in our screenshots thread (Community - Gaming Screenshots 2019).

Oh no it was a price error, changed in my cart right before my eyes. Now 33%.
Sorry to hear it. :(

I was actually delaying my purchase earlier today, since I was at work, but for some reason, I had the impression it might have been an error, and just in case, I went for it.

Hopefully the game will have a similar sale in the next sales, like in the Winter sale. ;)

Reactions: MJunioR

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
Do you need to play the previous games to understand the story? Or are the games standalone?

Added you on Steam since we aren't friends yet :p
I'm yet to play it, but from what I read a while back, I believe you don't need to, the games happen in the same universe, but they are not direct sequels.

Again, maybe The Queen (sorry for keep tagging you ;) ) knows more, since she has posted about the series before, and has been posting some lovely screenshots in our screenshots thread (Community - Gaming Screenshots 2019).

Sorry to hear it. :(

I was actually delaying my purchase earlier today, since I was at work, but for some reason, I had the impression it might have been an error, and just in case, I went for it.

Hopefully the game will have a similar sale in the next sales, like in the Winter sale. ;)
yea im understanding the story fine im sure theres things thats better from first two but they arent too much interlinked from what i read online too.

the game is amazing so far,

Deleted member 113

yea im understanding the story fine im sure theres things thats better from first two but they arent too much interlinked from what i read online too.

the game is amazing so far,
Thank you for your impressions (and screenshots), Queen. :highfiveblob:

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

The date is 25th September 2020.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Hmm.. I've been wanting to pick up Factorio and that gives me the perfect excuse to finally do so sometime soon. The 1.0 release occurring on my birthday would be a pretty good way to spend the day. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
My interest in Path of Exile (and its sequel) is still lukewarm as long as they region block me on Steam and doesn't bother to add controller support.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Controller support (real kind) is basically a complete new game that in many instances can't coexist with the current systems. I can understand why it's not a priority for many ARPG developers.

For better or worse, the game is on consoles for that.

Deleted member 113

I need to pick couple of titles from Fanatical's "pick and mix" hidden object bundle, outside of House of 1000 Doors: Family Secrets, House of 1000 Doors: The Palm of Zoroaster, and Alex Hunter: Lord of the Mind, to meet the minimum amount of titles.

If anyone wants a couple of free games, check the link bellow, and chose 2 games (besides the ones above), and they're yours:

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Tried Rage 2. Yeah okay, I can't stand it. Uninstalled. I didn't even get through the tutorial.

Also POE2, what is exactly new? Looks the same in the video which means I will most likely get bored. Also they sold out to a shitty company in my region then proceeded to region block.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
lol, i recently bought a few bundles for like £3 each for only 2 or 3 games per bundle. I've got a bunch of keys i'll need to sort out and giveaway too.
Been saying that for months though so don't go holding your breath, peeps.
Maybe Christmas will motivate me to clear out some duplicate bundle keys? ehhh, effort.

Last edited:

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
lol, i recently bought a few bundles for like £3 each for only 2 or 3 games per bundle. I've got a bunch of keys i'll need to sort out and giveaway too.
Been saying that for months though so don't go holding your breath, peeps.
Maybe Christmas will motivate me to clear out some duplicate bundle keys? ehhh, effort.
maybe we can have a councill meeting (I'll show myself out :face-with-tears-of-joy:) that's all about gifting over the winter holiday season? metabingo etc

I'll be honest, I never attempted to play wasteland 1 (though I had never heard of it until Wasteland2 was making the rounds on KS either), and the graphics were one reason why. Those remaster shots go a long way to making me want to.

Last edited:

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Finished The Outer Worlds. It's... alright? I dunno. The writing overall is pretty good, some of the characters are interesting, the "corporate" bashing didn't bug me like it did some (having seen first hand corporations do basically the mantra of the ones in the game probably makes it seem less over-the-top), and I didn't even mind that it was easy, but it definitely just doesn't quite hold up as a great game. I explored a lot and did almost all the side quests and found a lot of secrets but it just wore out its' welcome by the end, and some of the things I wanted to explore more weren't in the game. Also the requirements for a "peaceful" ending seemed outrageous but you can respec before you go towards it if you want to.

Couple of serious bugs, including an auto-insta-crash for going through a certain door to try and talk to an end game NPC which is still in the game weeks after release, and another bug that just instantly fails one of the companion quests for some people, also still in the game. No user fixes for it out currently and with probably most people playing it on UWP there might not be for some time (if it's even possible).

It's like a much more linear, shallower, less janky but the jank is more annoying Fallout NV. If the writing was worse I think it'd just straight up be like a 5 or 6 out of 10 but the writing helps a lot.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Finished The Outer Worlds. It's... alright? I dunno. The writing overall is pretty good, some of the characters are interesting, the "corporate" bashing didn't bug me like it did some (having seen first hand corporations do basically the mantra of the ones in the game probably makes it seem less over-the-top), and I didn't even mind that it was easy, but it definitely just doesn't quite hold up as a great game. I explored a lot and did almost all the side quests and found a lot of secrets but it just wore out its' welcome by the end, and some of the things I wanted to explore more weren't in the game. Also the requirements for a "peaceful" ending seemed outrageous but you can respec before you go towards it if you want to.

Couple of serious bugs, including an auto-insta-crash for going through a certain door to try and talk to an end game NPC which is still in the game weeks after release, and another bug that just instantly fails one of the companion quests for some people, also still in the game. No user fixes for it out currently and with probably most people playing it on UWP there might not be for some time (if it's even possible).

It's like a much more linear, shallower, less janky but the jank is more annoying Fallout NV. If the writing was worse I think it'd just straight up be like a 5 or 6 out of 10 but the writing helps a lot.
Yup. Agree with most of your points. The writing and RPG elements prevent TOW from being a bad game, because everything else just feels meh. Exploring is not exciting at all, because there are too many loots and they're all virtually useless. Combat is serviceable, but too easy and boring, combined with even more boring skills and perks. Inventory is a mess, too many useless consumables that are basically the same thing, and mods that only useful for adding to your total weight.

It's still a good RPG for what it is, but please don't bring Fallout comparison anymore, because it's still far from that.

Reactions: xinek

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Finished Ryza, only thing left to do now is defeat the last optional end-game boss.

What a great game, I'm buying its season pass for sure.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I am a hypocrite. I don't like how people try to pass things off as if they were telling a joke or something but yet here I am doing the same thing. I'm not sure if it's better or not but at least I don't use emojis when I do that. I find those very annoying.

So one of the biggest complaints that I have with Code Vein is how when you attack in one direction you are stuck in that direction until you stop attacking.

Then you look at the new Jedi game when you can attack in the opposite direction of you in a flash (there is even an animation where you just stab behind you). I did think the animations felt off at first but I'm getting more use to them.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
After finishing Death Stranding I feel so empty on the inside. Took me a little over 45hrs to beat the game on hard difficulty and what an incredible journey that was. I don't think I played a video game so much in a week since MGSV probably. Couldn't stop thinking about the game when I wasn't playing it. What a weird trip this was. I know its not a PC game yet but I just wanted to post some non spoilery thoughts about it.

This was easily one of my favorite open world games this gen. The music, story, visuals and presentation in this were all 5 stars. Only real gripe with the game is the boss fights which were kind of a letdown compared to previous KojiPro games. There was a couple of cool things but most of it felt a bit mediocre. Similar to MGSV basically but man they poured so much love in to every other facet of it. Its kind of mind boggling how massive this game was compared to MGSV. The amount of mechanics and systems + the scope of everything was so impressive. Everything worked so well and the world/terrain was so well designed. I know KojiPro got a lot of help in this but still I would never imagine they create something so massive after Kojima left Konami + a lot of his crew didn't come with him iirc. Really shows how talented this team is. This game is gonna be stunning on PC next year. Its so well polished on base PS4. It looks so much better than Uncharted 4, GoW and Horizon imo. And its so much larger in size than those games too. If the PC port is well done the game could be an incredible piece of future proof tech. Decima is quite something. Just imagining playing this game at like 8k in the future + unlocked framerate 😍.

And speaking of PC I also wanna say how dumb it was for Sony not to release this game on PC at launch. Even tho the story + presentation in this game was MGS4 levels...the core gameplay is not something that you see in the console space at all really. Its nothing like Gran Turismo like some reviewers claimed. Its probably the closest simulation style game you can compare it to in that space but the game definitely felt like a PC experimental + Early Access + Simulation type of game. Its so much more in the vein of games like Subnautica, DayZ, truck delivery games and other survival games. And even then its nothing like those games either. Its even harder to pin what type of game it is when you factor in all the multiplayer components. But its definitely not something you expect the modern day console crowd to get into. Especially in the age of GaaS and battle passes. Everything nowadays is shooting, killing and looting. DS is just so different. There is so many systems on top of system in this game.. They took little things from the PF battles + other FOB stuff from MGSV and introduced so much more cooperative layers on top of it all. Its really well done.

I think the game would have reviewed and sold even better if Sony let it launch on PC too. And I don't wanna bash Sony too much because they deserve credit for green lighting a big budget project like this. I don't believe any other big game company like Acivision, EA, Ubi, Microsoft would ever agree to this. Corporate suits would rip hair out of their heads before allowing a project like this to exist with the budget that Kojima was able to create it with. Games like this just aren't supposed to exist. I understand why its divisive too. This was like Kojima's Space Odyssey or Solaris or Blade Runner. Not everyone is gonna like it but I think its an incredible work of art. For some reason when the game was over I felt like I played or watched a very good episode of Star Trek. Like a very high budget 50hr long episode lol. It was awesome and I strongly recommend it to everyone here who has a PS4 or waiting on the PC version. I wouldn't say its the best Kojima game to date but its up there.

MGS3 > MGSV > Death Stranding > MGS1 > MGS2 > MGS4 > Peace Walker > the rest imo.

I don't even know what to play now. I might just wait out for the Steam version of RDR2. That game is supposedly an immersive slow burner like DS. May just be the perfect follow up :)

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
RDR2 has some archaic mission structure, which is to say. If they tell you that to finish this mission you have to go in a straight line, not going in a straight line is a mission fail and you gotta reload checkpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.