Community MetaSteam | November 2019 - You Can't Spell Steam Without EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 113

So, Steam updated, and the new Library is available to everyone.

It's the first contact I'm having with it (I never download the beta), and I'm really struggling a bit with it. I prefer to have simple lists and designs, and everything is very "crowded" in the new version.
I'm struggling to find anything! :giggle:

I already activated the low-bandwidth mode, but I'm still finding it very "messy".
Not to mention, many games I have download don't have the new assets ready.

Also, is anyone struggling with Steam's internet speed today?
I have 10 times the speed I had on my old house (on Wednesday, I was testing the new connection on Steam, and I reached download speeds of 80+ MB/s), but I'm currently downloading at... 3.2 MB/s. :confused:

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
I bought the following during the Halloween sale:

Corpse Killer - 25th Anniversary Edition - $3.99
Night Trap - 25th Anniversary Edition - $3.99
A Trip to Yugoslavia: Director's Cut - $0.52
Press X to Not Die - $0.71
Press X to Not Die - Special Edition Content - $0.47
Blaster Master Zero - $7.99
KO Mech - $0.52
Chime Sharp - $2.12
Dementium 2 - $0.52
Freud Gate - $2.12
THE GAME OF LIFE - $2.65
记忆重构/Memories - $2.12
Sweet fantasy - $1.27
The Dope Game - $0.95
The Dope Game: The Stash - $0.47

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
Didn't buy much this sale:

Moons of Madness
Apsulov
Grandia 2
Umineko Questions Arc
Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly

Wanted to get Radiant Historia, but apparently you can't pay through 3DS anymore and I ain't screwing with Nintendo Network, no sir.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
So, Steam updated, and the new Library is available to everyone.

It's the first contact I'm having with it (I never download the beta), and I'm really struggling a bit with it. I prefer to have simple lists and designs, and everything is very "crowded" in the new version.
I'm struggling to find anything! :giggle:

I already activated the low-bandwidth mode, but I'm still finding it very "messy".
Not to mention, many games I have download don't have the new assets ready.

Also, is anyone struggling with Steam's internet speed today?
I have 10 times the speed I had on my old house (on Wednesday, I was testing the new connection on Steam, and I reached download speeds of 80+ MB/s), but I'm currently downloading at... 3.2 MB/s. :confused:
Yeah, i'm not looking forward to the new client redesign. It's going to annoy the shit out of me for the next few weeks until i can disable most of the things that just seem to get in the way of me and my library. Hopefully a minimalist List View is still achievable.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Got a bunch of super cheap 75% sale games. Due to the amount of games I have to play through via PC game pass and Origin Premier (well, it's mainly Sea of Solitude and Star Wars, but I will check out NFS Heat and the new BFV expansion), I will wait on buying any other games until the autumn and christmas Steam sales.

I really wanted to get Pathologic 2, but I will most likely not have time to play it until around christmas, so I can just wait until that sale to buy it. Might even have a deeper discount.

Deleted member 113

I enjoy the new library, for one the detailed layout is actually useful and more intuitive. The old detailed view had links in bad spots or links not at all. The landing pages for games you click on is great, it really seems to focus on the games now.
I would like to see a somewhat middle term.

I like some of the details on a certain game's page (the achievements section, for example), but some things seem overkill.
For example, the DLCs section.

If one could enable and disable some of these tabs, it would be great.
For example, the library on the side being a simple list, and as for the actual game info, you would get some nice banner, the achievements info, and updates, and get rid of most of the rest.

If I had the "full" version activated (I selected the low bandwidth mode) I would have a seizure with some of these game pages.
For Euro Truck Simulator 2, the first time I opened it I got dozens of gifs and videos everywhere! :eek:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
So who is going to get Isekaied and start their new life as a human? The truck or the pole?

Not sure if some one already mentioned this game

Well shit, NFS Heat is close. Not until I added it to my library from the Premier Acces vault did I realize it's out 5th nov.
Maybe I should have ordered Premium after all, had I known that game was coming out so soon (I use to really like NFS as a kid) and have been waiting to try the newer games.

Taborcarn

Battle Santa
Feb 28, 2019
Yeah having Gamepass and waiting to see what comes up in the new Humble had me holding off from buying more this time around as well.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I bought

and
(I got game Ursuper (the second game in the series) in a Fanatical bundle and bought the bundle for the others since it was just 2,39€ and it was with card money anyways :p

Bundle includes:

I've played a bit over an hour of Shrouded in Sanity and I can very much recommend it.
A 2d Souls-like (or I guess closer to Bloodborne with the setting and having a gun? I haven't played Bloodborne though).
Very open with lots to explore from the get go without hand-holding and it's challenging, but gets easier once you're a bit used to your options.
The setting is interesting and creepy and I'm looking forward to exploring more.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Oh, yes, i hate the new Steam client after only 2 minutes! Why can't i collapse all of my sections at once? Where is list view? Why is it sooooo sloooooooow?
Blech, kill it with fire :(

edit: BLEH!

Last edited:

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
I would like to see a somewhat middle term.

I like some of the details on a certain game's page (the achievements section, for example), but some things seem overkill.
For example, the DLCs section.

If one could enable and disable some of these tabs, it would be great.
For example, the library on the side being a simple list, and as for the actual game info, you would get some nice banner, the achievements info, and updates, and get rid of most of the rest.

If I had the "full" version activated (I selected the low bandwidth mode) I would have a seizure with some of these game pages.
For Euro Truck Simulator 2, the first time I opened it I got dozens of gifs and videos everywhere! :eek:
I don't have anything animated on my ETS2 page. Even the developer broadcast is auto paused (also niceee feature!). Also the DLC is on the right and I have to scroll down to it. I have to pan down 3 times to see it. Nothing is animated and I have no low anything enabled. E

I just like that it has quick links in good spots + links that were missing from old. Also oddly this library loads faster then then old UI (and this forum even lol).

Last edited:
Reactions: derExperte

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Didn't buy much this sale:

Moons of Madness
Apsulov
Grandia 2
Umineko Questions Arc
Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly

Wanted to get Radiant Historia, but apparently you can't pay through 3DS anymore and I ain't screwing with Nintendo Network, no sir.
You cant pay for stuff through the 3DS anymore? I guess that makes sense since Nintendo wants it all to be one currency that you use to buy game across their platforms (your funds are shared across your Nintendo account

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I saw the griping about the game, read the "issues" and put in a Pre-Order just now, lol!
I'm avoiding videos as apparently they're putting spoilers in the reviews.

edit: clicked through parts of that video and yup, hilarious.

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
Early unlocks for next month already leaked and Darksiders 3 wont be a regular unlock.
Oh I missed that, what are the unlocks?

I googled. Soul Caliber , My Time at Portia and Yakuza Kiwami for those interested. Portia is great but I has.

Reactions: Arsene

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
You cant pay for stuff through the 3DS anymore? I guess that makes sense since Nintendo wants it all to be one currency that you use to buy game across their platforms (your funds are shared across your Nintendo account
Nope, and it's super inconvenient for me because I'm not going to make Nintendo Network account (don't want to lose games I've bought prior, even if the chance is slim) and Nintendo is the only company on the market that doesn't sell eShop cards through ANY legitimate source here, the best you can find is some shady gift card shops that have them.

Reactions: PC-tan

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I got KO Mech, Wenjia, Sword Legacy Omen, Voodo Vince, Apocalipsis, A House of Many Doors and Light Fall.

Cheap stuff but I'm currently playing Outer Worlds with Disco Elysium next so I didn't feel like buying more expensive games at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.