Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I bought

Jydge
Tilt Brush
Until You Fall
Muse Dash DLC

3 of the 4 I've already put a little bit of time into (largely due to taking a half day yesterday). Until You Fall has a lot of potential and is fun enough now, but seems a bit buggy (I believe they're still early in development). Muse Dash DLC is just a billion more songs for Muse Dash which is great. Tilt Brush seems cool but I wish there was a better way to find pieces people have done than Poly / in-game UI.

Not super excited about next month unlocks, I know people love Shenmue but I've never been interested, and I already have SCVI. It's worth the cost just for Portia though which I've wanted to check out for forever and hasn't been cheaper.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Not super excited about next month unlocks, I know people love Shenmue but I've never been interested, and I already have SCVI. It's worth the cost just for Portia though which I've wanted to check out for forever and hasn't been cheaper.
Shenmue was this month, not the next.

Reactions: PossiblyPudding

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I don't know what Humble has been planing for Choice's launch but sure as hell it won't be be easy to top these last two monthlies.
I think they have been having such good early unlocks to get people to signup and when they switch to the new model people will want to stay subbed to not loose the classic mode, that way they get people so stay who would have otherwise left.

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
I played Soul Calibur 6 for a few minutes (I loved Soul Blade on the PS1... the opening song was so friggin' cool).

Is there anyone who is genuinely interested in reading whatever drivel they try to pass off as "plot"? Personally I'm abusing the skip button to get to the next fight.

Other than that, I quite like how the game feels. Hmm... In terms of gameplay I think I'd say: Tekken > Dead or Alive = Soul Calibur > Mortal Kombat = Street Fighter.

Amzin

Dec 5, 2018
Shenmue was this month, not the next.
Oh you're right, got that and Yakuza swapped in my brain. Yakuza I'm somewhat more intrigued by but it'll still be very low on my backlog priority tier :face-with-stuck-out-tongue:

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
No one says no to Mads Mikkelsen!
I just did. To send the lawsuit, it has be served in person, which will likely cost more money than I have, thus more money than you stand to gain.

Ha! Poorness comes to the rescue.

Mads sucks! Christmas sucks! Thanksgiving isn't great but we have black Friday and any excuse to drink beer and laugh at the cowboys is good!!!!

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I hope Blizzard does something to fix their shit... because I want Diablo 4 so bad! D3 is my most played game and I still could go back to it and play it.

I saw this like 10 minutes ago... Is this the mobile only version?

Believe it or not, but I bought Diablo 3 for the PS3 exclusively to play with the GF. And guess what? She loves playing it. I thought she would be like mage or something because she loves HP but no, she's an axe welding barbarian.

Reactions: Le Pertti

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com

Believe it or not, but I bought Diablo 3 for the PS3 exclusively to play with the GF. And guess what? She loves playing it. I thought she would be like mage or something because she loves HP but no, she's an axe welding barbarian.
Yeah I love playing the Barbarian too! It's my main that I've played since release. Love that the seasons give reason to try out different classes.

Oh and no that's not the mobile one. It looks like D3 but toned down the cartoony style. I don't mind, means it will run great even on weak hardware.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

The mobile version is Diablo Immortals. This is a new Diablo game.

I hope they focus the game for PC players

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Yeah I love playing the Barbarian too! It's my main that I've played since release. Love that the seasons give reason to try out different classes.

Oh and no that's not the mobile one. It looks like D3 but toned down the cartoony style. I don't mind, means it will run great even on weak hardware.
I was the warrior mage with the quick dodge. The quick dodge, ala Control and DMC is the best video game move ever.

Yeah I noted the change in visual design. I'll admit that I liked the cartoony style. This could be because I was playing on the arguably the worst technical version of the game running at 720p tho.

And the Blizzard apology? Eh, I don't care. I don't accept apologies from corporations. People, of course, corps; no.

Reactions: Le Pertti

Amzin

Dec 5, 2018
I hope they don't bring the wrong lessons from PoE / D2 / Grim Dawn. I enjoyed D2 back in the day but PoE and GD kept some really dumb, old systems from it. It is not fun to dump point after point into passives, and it's not fun to spend 10-15 hours developing a character to find out if you like a build or not only to have to start over if you don't. I think the only reason PoE does as well as it does is because there's no other real competition in the same slot, D3 is its' own thing (I sort of like it and play it each season but would gladly move on to something better), Grim Dawn is basically competing for the same crowd but on a smaller scale. A solid, expansive A-RPG in that style with modern design would do wonders.

It's impossible to tell from the trailer but D4 gameplay looks like it is slowed down a lot from D3 (which is fine), but the core systems are super important. Grim Dawn and PoE are both slower and more strategic and it doesn't make up for the boring stuff they are built on.

Edit: Yea there's also the ethical consideration. I really want the new CoD but have refused so far due to their straight up unethical ways (both in lying about not having mtx/loot boxes in previous games before adding them, and the Chinese political statements). D4 would be harder to resist IF it's done well but I could still live without it.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
First of all, congratulations with your marriage FunktionJCB! I hope you had a wonderful day and a passionate night afterwards ☺

Second, I'm considering taking the new humble monthly, but I'm not sure My time at Portia is for me. Is it worth playing after playing Stardew Valley for dozens of hours?

Not sure if its a mobile to PC port
Read the user reviews and you'll know. The fact that mobile ports are being stripped of puzzles and exploration says a lot about mobile gaming.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
Aw fuck. I bought the monthly for Portia and you just reminded me that I also own Stardew Valley which I haven't even started yet.
Haven't even started??!!!! :cryingwhyblob::cryingwhyblob::cryingwhyblob:

I'm reopening the Friday brig to send you there, for crimes against gaming.

Reactions: Flips

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Right so after 6ish hours of playing Travis Strikes Again, I can say that I like the game....except that the long length of each mission is terrible.
Remember how Alice Madness Returns had lengthy levels? Same issue here. Really the game should've been 1/3 shorter at least. Dunno why they went for this extremely lengthy stages for; did Kadokawa insist on having a game that is lengthy to justify its selling price or something?

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Don't think I've seen anyone accept their apology, so no?
Apology thread on era: 80% of the posters don't accept the "apology"
Diablo 4 thread on era 80% of the posters are going "FUCK YEAH! GIMME THAT SHIT"

Translation: Welcome to the self-feeding bubble.
Personally, I wouldn't post "free Hong-Kong! "Boycott Blizzard" in the announcement threads for fear of getting banned. And most blizzard fans wouldn't post in the apology thread with "don't care, games are awesome" for fear of getting banned.

Reactions: Wok

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
mmmmm blizcon no sir don't quite care about zombie blizzard

Blizzard died when they couldn't quite manage Starcraft 2 after the initial game release

Reactions: fearthedawn

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Apology thread on era: 80% of the posters don't accept the "apology"
Diablo 4 thread on era 80% of the posters are going "FUCK YEAH! GIMME THAT SHIT"

Translation: Welcome to the self-feeding bubble.
Personally, I wouldn't post "free Hong-Kong! "Boycott Blizzard" in the announcement threads for fear of getting banned. And most blizzard fans wouldn't post in the apology thread with "don't care, games are awesome" for fear of getting banned.
Yeah, though I am going like that GIMME THAT SHIT and am hyped for the game, but before buying it Blizzard needs to do right.

Yeah the audience clapped, which I kind of would expect from them, but I don't really see any positive reactions to the apology online so far?

Brack didn't really actually explicitly talk about what happened. There was no direct mention of human rights, Hong Kong, the casters, Blitzchung, etc. It was just a vague apology about a "tough Hearthstone esports moment" with no concrete actions. There was no rescinding of the ban, or any outline to how they'll actually prevent this in the future when it comes to athlete stances about human rights, etc.

I'll give him some level of credit for actually saying the words "I'm sorry and I accept responsibility" and for at least having the decency to sound sorry, but other than that, it was as hollow as shit.

The boycott still stands for me.
Yeah I'm still not touching their stuff or even playing the games I have already until they fix that shit.

Reactions: JMTHEFOX

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I think Blizzard made a mistake naming it Overwatch 2. They should just have make it an expansion pack, sell battle passes or whatever.

If they change the characters too much, people will be pissed. if they dont, people will feel ripped off. Sports games get away with this because it is an extension of real life stuff, so theres no need to tweak it that much, soccer is still about kicking a ball into a goal.

unless they sell it very cheap for existing users, it wont be as big as the first one.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I think Blizzard made a mistake naming it Overwatch 2. They should just have make it an expansion pack, sell battle passes or whatever.

If they change the characters too much, people will be pissed. if they dont, people will feel ripped off. Sports games get away with this because it is an extension of real life stuff, so theres no need to tweak it that much, soccer is still about kicking a ball into a goal.

unless they sell it very cheap for existing users, it wont be as big as the first one.
And they basically have to call it Overwatch 2 since that is the only way that they will be able to get people to buy the game, since it seems more people would rather buy a brand new game than an expansion?/ It's just a lot easier to market it and sell it that way?

Man vs Machine. Does that sound familiar?

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
And they basically have to call it Overwatch 2 since that is the only way that they will be able to get people to buy the game, since it seems more people would rather buy a brand new game than an expansion?/ It's just a lot easier to market it and sell it that way?

Man vs Machine. Does that sound familiar?
Imo they should just make it Season 2 or whatever. Personally I dont feel enticed to pay for a game I stopped playing two years ago. Especially if it has the same toxic shitty fanbase.

Reactions: PC-tan

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
Blizzard sold their soul when WoW got popular

even Blizzard competing with themselves nearly bankrupted them (financially and creatively) because they wanted to be the first whatever titan was supposed to be.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I have been in the mood for some RTS for some time. It’s maybe time for me to try Starcraft 2 ? Or Age of on Game Pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.