Community MetaSteam | November 2019 - You Can't Spell Steam Without EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Steam portable is coming and not only will it cost less than $700USD it will also make use of Steam Link in order to play certain games at better settings. /S

You heard it hear first.

Also I am starting to like my Speakers now. They sound nice and loud (and my main concern was if people outside can hear, and it doesn't seem to be the case.)
The base is now joke and you can feel it from a room away.

You do have to mess with sound settings though, which sucks.

I'm keeping Spotify, since I just "cast" the song onto my Echo Dot and it takes care of the rest (I do have to use my phone though since I have my Echo Dot set to not record sound). Right now it's not the most reliable (fast) since I send the stuff to my Dot via wireless then it connects to my speakers via Bluetooth which cases it to take a while for music to play and stop. I will try to connect my Dot via Aux later on. I'm doing this because my phone would still be "running" in order to play the music, but now it technically doesn't have to and instead it off loads the work to the Dot? My Dot is the only thing connected to my Speakers via Bluetooth and while I also have my phone paired with my speakers the Dot seems to take priority.

My Google Home Mini should arrive next week I think and that will need to be connected via Bluetooth since it doesn't have a Aux port. I'm getting one since I have music on Google Music and that doesn't seem to work with the Dot. I guess I could have just gotten the Chromecast music thing and it would basically have done the same thing?

So much tech and a lot of it basically does the same thing.
I also like how with my speakers how I can have music play via Bluetooth and also play my games on my PC at the same time.

The speakers are weird since the audio is different when you connect via Bluetooth and USB. On USB the sound is louder at lower options, so you will never go above 20 out of 100.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this already but I find amusing how places like Gemastu report on reviews by Famitsu and places like Gamespark report on western reviews.

The more you know

Last edited:

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Crossing my fingers for a game or two I want from this month's Humble reveal. I know Humble and Activision made a killing on this bundle, I just hope they use some of that money wisely.

Next month will be a tough buy, since I own Portia and SC. Yakuza + a bunch of games is still a solid deal.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
11-11 Memories is the first repeat from a Humble weekly bundle that wasn't in the top tier of said bundle IIRC

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
I feel really screwed over by the new design. I've been using it for a while now because to use Proton you have to be in beta, so it just showed up like it or not.

I was using steam to launch games in a dozen emulators, GOG/Origin/Itch games, standalone installs, etc, that I set up One. At. A. Time. and it took forever, like months of adding stuff. Around a thousand games and I did it all manually. Got it all looking cool with grid icons that I liked to see and more than 100 that I made myself. Loved it.

I liked having a smaller number of games displayed in Steam at any one time, like 25 or less. I config edited the blank space around each box so there wasn't any wasted space. Basically I liked having less information in smaller displays that I could customize so I wasn't faced with massive decision overload. It reminded me of having a shoebox of SNES carts or something. Keeping it simple.

Yeah I know I'm the only person on earth who was still using grid.

Now overload is my only option. Valve went all in for the people who wanted to see videos, gifs, and see a spreadsheet of 10,000 games all at the same time, while simultaneously nuking everything I liked about the client. All nuked overnight cause who cares. Now it's an aesthetic nightmare and I can't stand using it.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I'm getting this bundle for Kiwami and SC6, I can still unsubscribe aferwards like usual right? I know HB subscription model is changing so I just want to make sure.

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
I'm getting this bundle for Kiwami and SC6, I can still unsubscribe aferwards like usual right? I know HB subscription model is changing so I just want to make sure.
Yes the new humble monthly regime hasnt started yet. You can still just do 1 month and cancel right after you pay.

Reactions: Dragon1893

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
God damn November just keeps on giving, wasn't expecting something as big as Shenmue 1+2 but ill take it.

Stay based SEGA

Reactions: DeejayDoom

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
I was hoping for a crap early unlock so I could pause or unsub, but I guess not...

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I don't know what Humble has been planing for Choice's launch but sure as hell it won't be be easy to top these last two monthlies.

Status
Not open for further replies.