Community MetaSteam | November 2019 - You Can't Spell Steam Without EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
✌to blizzard

after I buy Warcraft 1 and 2 I'll be done with you for quite awhile you boot licking fuckers

bastardizing Warcraft 3 won't help you now

Reactions: KainXVIII

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
The guys at YT Channel Node went to Skydance to check out Walking Dead: Saints & SInners, a AAA VR game coming to Steam and Oculus in january 2020 and it looks amazing.

I really like that many VR games now is focusing on good physics like Boneworks. In Saints & Sinner you actually have to stab a zombie in the brain and manually pull the knife out.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Say what you will about fucking PUBG (there's tons to say about that) but it understood what made arena shooters gud

Overwatch on the otherhand is emblematic for creative rot in Blizzard and activision hands are all over it as well
When I was a kid, after I saw Battle Royale (2000, dir. Kinji Fukasaku) I envisioned a game exactly as PUBG (maybe with more anime...) that’s what I like PUBG so much even if I dont play it that much anymore.

YourFriendMaynard

Dec 21, 2018
my previous post goes for CS:GO as well

F2P aside
PUBG has done it's fair share of CCP boot licking but that's just one game! ONE GAME!

Blizzard THE ROT IS EVERYWHERE AND THAT FANDOM IS INSANE holy shit
At least Steam knows when to stop making bad games (my opinion DOTA 2 aside jeez)

Blizzard baby what? is you doing

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
my previous post goes for CS:GO as well

F2P aside
PUBG has done it's fair share of CCP boot licking but that's just one game! ONE GAME!

Blizzard THE ROT IS EVERYWHERE AND THAT FANDOM IS INSANE holy shit
At least Steam knows when to stop making bad games (my opinion DOTA 2 aside jeez)

Blizzard baby what? is you doing
CS GO is bad?

I thought people liked it?

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019

I was able to redeem a game from this promo using a VPN since the page isn't available in my region.
Hey cheers. I got Fear3 for free!

I also got a code for the spin the wheel game and got Teleglitch..

Cool little game if anyone wants it, I already have it.

Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.

Reactions: JMTHEFOX and PC-tan

YourFriendMaynard

Dec 21, 2018
Hey cheers. I got Fear3 for free!

I also got a code for the spin the wheel game and got Teleglitch..

Cool little game if anyone wants it, I already have it.

[Hidden content]
Where do I spin the wheel?
CS GO is bad?

I thought people liked it?
Nah it's not that it's bad

Like everything that esports related to it,

it's filled with toxic assholes and awful fucking trolls

Reactions: Pommes

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
What might become the next big VR (rhythm) game is done right (like support for custom songs) is Pistol Whip. Comes out on SteamVR, Oculus and Quest nov 7th.

NathieVR has a really cool gameplay video with the Index showing off the game.

Reactions: lashman and PC-tan

Deleted member 113

I would totally go for ShockRods on that GMG promotion, but it appears it's not available in Europe?
At least, I can't see the page. 😕

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
[/QUOTE]
Companies shouldn't do region-locked give-aways. The customer always feels like a second-tier citizen.
Region locking shouldn't be done period.
Case in point the new Disney service at least, assuming HBO is not region locked to Americas and EU.

Reactions: JMTHEFOX

YourFriendMaynard

Dec 21, 2018
So what I'm getting from today's discourse about Death's Stranding and everything with Blizzcon

There are levels of fandom that I can't quite reach because I have a sense of shame and or I'm very poor and can't afford to be dumb enough to preorder a Kojima game?

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
What might become the next big VR (rhythm) game is done right (like support for custom songs) is Pistol Whip. Comes out on SteamVR, Oculus and Quest nov 7th.

Already had it on my wishlist, didn't realize it was coming out on my birthday though, and that review makes it look like a lot of fun.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Why couldn't Kojima have made a Dwarf Fortress or Aurora 4X Death Stranding?
Just imagine how the gaming press and console warriors would praise such a revolutionary game.

Reactions: lashman

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

As I said on the VR thread, CAN'T FUCKING WAIT, it's looking like a really blast!

YourFriendMaynard

Dec 21, 2018
Just imagine if Kojima had someone to tell him that anything he was doing was a bad idea

imagine

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
So I played Apex for the first time since June? Maybe it was July.

I like how smooth the game feels.

I decided to download it for the Halloween event. I kind of like the event, or at least the part that I really like is the "movement" of when you become a Shadow. I like how fast you move around and how you get a rush when you punch open a door and the force that comes with it. It's just wow.

I was confused as to how the mode worked at first but it makes sense now.

The shadow part is sort of hit or miss for me. It can be easy for a shadow to just kill you right away but also killing them can be hard.

I found myself in a space of how come the shadows can keep killing me and how can yeh survivors keep killing me when I'm a shadow.

By the way Source 2 when?

It's still being worked on isn't it?

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
By the way Source 2 when?

It's still being worked on isn't it?
Yeah, it's the engine that DOTA 2, Artifact and Underlords use, so Valve definitely works on it internally.

Maybe Valve will start talking about making it publicly available for third party developers once they launch their flagship game.

Reactions: lashman and PC-tan

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Yeah, it's the engine that DOTA 2, Artifact and Underlords use, so Valve definitely works on it internally.

Maybe Valve will start talking about making it publicly available for third party developers once they launch their flagship game.
It's just speculation but it sort of sounds like they are trying to make it be a good for for VR? And of third parties do use it it will likely be for that.

By the way does anyone know why Respawn used Source for Titanfall 1?

Reactions: MJunioR

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
It's just speculation but it sort of sounds like they are trying to make it be a good for for VR? And of third parties do use it it will likely be for that.
I think so. Valve has been investing a lot in VR. If they make Source 2 or whatever they decide to call its public release VR-focused I wouldn't be surprised at all.

By the way does anyone know why Respawn used Source for Titanfall 1?

They have talked about Source a couple of times, here's from a Polygon interview:

Polygon said:
We were kind of interested in Source early on because it’s very familiar to our designers," said Richard Baker, a software engineer at Respawn who previously worked on Call of Duty 2, Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2. Source also suited Respawn’s desire to hit a constant 60 frames per second on both the Xbox 360 and the PS3, where other third-party engines weren’t up to the task. "The ironic thing is that we wanted an engine that would work on PS3, because that’s the riskiest platform in current gen. When Portal 2 came out and it seemed to be a pretty decent PS3 game, that was the point when we decided to go with Source. And then we stopped supporting PS3.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019

They really don't bother with Steam eh?

:thinking-blob:
So did people already forgive Blizzard like all the other shitty companies?

So what I'm getting from today's discourse about Death's Stranding and everything with Blizzcon

There are levels of fandom that I can't quite reach because I have a sense of shame and or I'm very poor and can't afford to be dumb enough to preorder a Kojima game?
You should never pre order, ever.

Just imagine if Kojima had someone to tell him that anything he was doing was a bad idea

imagine
Well apparently it's a good idea because "it push the medium forward".

YourFriendMaynard

Dec 21, 2018
I just had that thought about Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri being remastered and on Steam

and omg :dizzy-face: :face-with-open-mouth-and-cold-sweat: 💩 :geek:(y)(y)(y)(y):unsure:

So many stupid people on social media are going to go nuts over it

The hot takes will be stupid and glorious

YourFriendMaynard

Dec 21, 2018
Boy Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri port on Steam is going to be hoot and hollerin good time for hot takes and bad ideas

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Apex is a good game, now I remember one of the reasons why I stopped playing... The crashes. The game still crashes after all this time. I am able to play other games without much issue but Apex still crashes.

Original when the first battle pass was announced I was planning on buying it, to support the game since I liked it and out a lot of time into the game. But the game just kept crashing so I didn't buy it. Then season 2 comes around and I job back into the game again. I think I stopped because of how different the game was(?) but also because it just kept on crashing. Now with Season 3 the game just keeps on crashing.

It's a fun game but ya it has issues

Reactions: NarohDethan

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
It originally released in only Japanese but it seems like they are also translating it into English as well

Those dates do not match up

Last edited:
Reactions: DeejayDoom

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
It originally released in only Japanese but it seems like they are also translating it into English as well

Those dates do not match up

Ooooh nice that we are getting the updated ver
That is on the r switch but i am curious about price xp.

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019

I'm sure a SDK will ship with or shortly after HLVR comes out so people can put out mods for it.

Reactions: Mor and PC-tan
Status
Not open for further replies.