Community MetaSteam | November 2019 - You Can't Spell Steam Without EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Between HLA and Boneworks, my observations around the Internet, interest in VR is on an all time high.
Yeah it is.
I'm gonna use my 2080ti to emulate android and play mobile games :coffee-blob:

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Between HLA and Boneworks, my observations around the Internet, interest in VR is on an all time high.
Dang Valve just releasing this game so that they can sell more hardware units (I don't think this is about pushing for more Index units to be sold but rather for more people to use SteamVR compatible hardware)

Also I'm sure that this is just a year exclusive and that they will release it on PS4/PSVR next year since they would be dumb to pass up on the largest VR player base/s.

I am curious as to what PlayStation and the people in charge of VR projects there think about this. If HLA became a PSVR2 launch title that would not be surprised (assuming that the hardware is capable).

Right now is when you are seeing Black Friday deals pop up, and also when you will see a big boost in sales of VR hardware. Some people that might have picked one up in the past may not pick one up now that they saw the trailer for HLA and if they heard about Boneworks.

I guess by the end of December we might hear VR devs mention how in December sales for their games were at an all time high

Reactions: lashman

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
There are a lot of games on this list that are probably not being played primarily as single-player games.
Yeah like 5 seconds in stuff such as Terraria and Borderlands 2 shows up and I'm left utterly confused

Who the hell is playing Speedrunners by themselves

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Yeah like 5 seconds in stuff such as Terraria and Borderlands 2 shows up and I'm left utterly confused

Who the hell is playing Speedrunners by themselves
The list makes no sense, they included Borderlansa 2 but not Monster Hunter World.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I quit NFS Payback. Just started chapter 4/6, but can't do it anymore. The different races are so repetive and samey. It's actually fun, but so uninteresting at the same time and I have better games to play than that. Only reason I played as much as I have is due to the free month of Premier, but not feeling it anymore.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
Surprise: Stadia doesn't have magical negative latency. In fact, it adds 60 - 120 ms latency compared to a PC (and a PC with a mid-tier GPU at that):
And he tested it on a Google Gigabit and a 100Mbps symetical connection. Heaven help the other 99.9% of the world.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Looks like Kojima is making a horror game next. The scariest game ever :cry:

I watched someone else play PT for like 15 minutes before turning away and not being able to handle it. So I most likely won't play his next game now :(

After seeing some of the horror atmosphere in the Alyx trailer I wonder if Kojima could use Source 2 to make his game tho. I don't know if Decima is built for the terrifying corridor experience so Source 2 could be a damn fine option for KojiPro. It would be better built for VR too. That or the RE Capcom engine would amazing as well.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019

I watched someone else play PT for like 15 minutes before turning away and not being able to handle it. So I most likely won't play his next game now :(

After seeing some of the horror atmosphere in the Alyx trailer I wonder if Kojima could use Source 2 to make his game tho. I don't know if Decima is built for the terrifying corridor experience so Source 2 could be a damn fine option for KojiPro. It would be better built for VR too. That or the RE Capcom engine would amazing as well.
I bet if Kojima make a horror VR game, the reception will be much different to HL:A reception.

Reactions: PC-tan and lashman

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Finally free to start Star Wars. Is the normal difficulty setting... well, normal, or busted ?

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Finally free to start Star Wars. Is the normal difficulty setting... well, normal, or busted ?
You can change difficulty in the menu whenever you want and there are no achievements gated to difficulty. The difficulty selector shows the changes to Parry Windows timing, Enemy Damage and Enemy Aggression in a handy graph in the top right. Start on Jedi Knight and change if you find things too easy/frustrating.

The combat is NOT Souls/bourne/sekiro/nioh so if you've played those then you may get more frustrated than people like me who have no muscle-memory to retrain.

Do some exploring on the way to the goal to find new areas and unlock shortcuts to speed up future travel. Red markers on the map mean you can't go there yet but they'll go Green/Yellow when you have the required ability.

Reactions: PC-tan and Li Kao

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Come on, Respawn! Unskippable scenes before boss fights every time you die. What's your problem?

EDIT: Well, apparently not. I got cutscenes three times in a row but not anymore, I guess it was some sort of bug...

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Game is pretty easy even in the most hard dificult, you just need to learn how the combat works, if you don´t want to deal with that, just go with the easiest and enjoy the story, theres nothing wrong with that.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
If you’re experienced with Souls games and Sekiro and you are looking for a challenging experience, you can go with the highest difficulty to be fair. I’m having a great time with it and it’s much easier than those games.

Otherwise, most people I know played at Jedi Master (I think that’s the name of the difficulty after normal, not sure) and found it fair.

Normal is as hard as your average mainstream game so go with that if you want to have fun and relax.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

Bonfires Down

Nov 18, 2019

I really like horror games but at the same time I don't have the balls to play many of them :notlikethisblob:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Quick question: Can I replace my current CPU with another one? The last 2 times Ive built a PC Ive gotten another person to built it, but this time, I wanna do it myself, but I don't need new a new motherboard (last 2 times I got a new mobo and a new CPU, this time I only want a new CPU) and I have little knowledge in PC building.

Im looking into replacing my 5820k 4 ghz with a 9900k and I have a Noctua air cooler (can I continue to use this?).

Edit: Shit, doing some Googling,doesn't seem like my mobo is compatibe with the 9900k.

Last edited:

Deleted member 113

Has anyone played Driftland?

The game is currently very cheap on Steam, and looks interesting.

---

Speaking of games, is Thief Simulator any good, and fun to play, or is it a "novelty" simulator?
Anyone played it?

thanks

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I just sold a Digimon background for 2,56€, thanks anime.
Now to invest part of this into cards and craft the next level badge and hope I get something nice again.

LMAO, I got the same background again. Waiting for another similar buy offer :coffee-blob:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I was in the mood to play some Romancing SaGa 2, so play Romancing SaGa 2 I did.
God I love the game, even though it's so stressful.
It's so cool how weird it is. Non-linear JRPG with multiple quest solutions + kingdom building + permadeath? Right.

So I took over this mine since after building a magic tower my treasury was kinda low and now my income is a bit higher.
There are now 3 things I can do: Investigate/Take over a Fortress to open up a new map, investigate rumors of thieves in my city or investigate rumors about a Lake in the highland of the area where I took over the mine.
So I catch a thief on the rooftops in the night, but save her when she is attacked from monsters, which now gives me access to the thieves guild and it turns out I can have them help me scout the fortress because there's rumors about a secret passage after I defeat some monster to earn their trust. Thankfully I've also saved the lady thief because no else was willing to go on that mission, not sure how this would have played out if I abandoned her.
(Before having them help me I checked out the fortress surroundings on my own and there was a guy who offered me intelligence for some money, though I'm not sure if he would have really helped, another NPC in the area told me the guy wasn't trustworthy.)

Also this is literally me after intense fights.

The boss in that mine KO some of my man (the second time, the first time he completely wiped me and it was goodbye emperor, here's the heir 😢 ).
I'm already mentally preparing myself, because I know my archer will likely be dead for good soon :(

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
I was in the mood to play some Romancing SaGa 2, so play Romancing SaGa 2 I did.
God I love the game, even though it's so stressful.
It's so cool how weird it is. Non-linear JRPG with multiple quest solutions + kingdom building + permadeath? Right.

So I took over this mine since after building a magic tower my treasury was kinda low and now my income is a bit higher.
There are now 3 things I can do: Investigate/Take over a Fortress to open up a new map, investigate rumors of thieves in my city or investigate rumors about a Lake in the highland of the area where I took over the mine.
So I catch a thief on the rooftops in the night, but save her when she is attacked from monsters, which now gives me access to the thieves guild and it turns out I can have them help me scout the fortress because there's rumors about a secret passage after I defeat some monster to earn their trust. Thankfully I've also saved the lady thief because no else was willing to go on that mission, not sure how this would have played out if I abandoned her.
(Before having them help me I checked out the fortress surroundings on my own and there was a guy who offered me intelligence for some money, though I'm not sure if he would have really helped, another NPC in the area told me the guy wasn't trustworthy.)

Also this is literally me after intense fights.

The boss in that mine KO some of my man (the second time, the first time he completely wiped me and it was goodbye emperor, here's the heir 😢 ).
I'm already mentally preparing myself, because I know my archer will likely be dead for good soon :(
Yeah, Kawazu games are the best.
Pretty much JRPG games for people who prefer WRPGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.