Community MetaSteam | November 2019 - You Can't Spell Steam Without EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Well I just had to purchase a used Nintendo 64 from ebay cause my cat made mine fall from the upper shelf in the closet and it doesn't work anymore. :cautious:

Actually, she made a huge box of old consoles fall to the ground. Thankfully the box didn't fall on her so she's alright... the same can't be said about the consoles though.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Well I just had to purchase a used Nintendo 64 from ebay cause my cat made mine fall from the upper shelf in the closet and it doesn't work anymore. :cautious:

Actually, she made a huge box of old consoles fall to the ground. Thankfully the box didn't fall on her so she's alright... the same can't be said about the consoles though.
Lies! I have seen (and caused) many a N64 to fall from great heights and the worst that happens is that the game resets. That thing was a tank.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
So, uh, just to clarify: If I pause my Humble Monthly, I get grandfathered into Humble Choice's super club.

Reactions: Tizoc and Ibuki

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Finally beat Control, on Xbox One X. Cool game, will get it when it leaves EGSclusivity.
If you check the google cache for the Humble Choice page, you see this was up yesterday:

guys...
I'm sick of watching Shadow of TR popping out everywhere lol

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
If you check the google cache for the Humble Choice page, you see this was up yesterday:

guys...
Damn, it is a tough choice. I don't know if I am ready to pay $12 for all of these.

Apart from Blasphemous and VoidB, I don't know if I want to play the others anytime soon. And I have already played a bit of VoidB on PC GamePass.

Edit: From Reddit:

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018

guys...
Hmmm.... I was expecting something a little bolder for their reboot. I guess this is sort of ok for the money. I have Blasphemous and X-Morph. Do I have Tomb Raider? Not even gonna check. I guess a few others look alright.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Atelier Lulua's season passes has reached its historical low (40% off)

There's a sizeable discount for Atelier Firis' DLC packs as well, but not quite at its historical low.

Reactions: PC-tan and Recrees

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
I was debating signing up for monthly to get Kiwami, but out of nowhere an acquaintance gave me his code! Nice.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
That humble list is a joke if it's real. I was hoping for the first couple of months they'd go out of their way to make a splash with the new system but this is a typical bundle for them. Actually I'd argue it's even worse since we usually get 2-3 featured games and outside of tomb raider I don't think any of those others would be a featured game. Maybe phantom doctrine at most.

Ibuki

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
That's a pretty good list for me. Even for Tomb Raider alone, it'll be worth it.
I have to agree with you, since Tomb Raider by itself is still like $19 (assuming this is the Definitive). Personally I have access to a couple of these via family share, but owning my own copies of these will be great. Phantom Doctrine is definitely something I was looking forward to playing.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Uh yeah, what are you guys on about? That list seems pretty great to me. I'd have to look up the last six games to choose but the first four alone would make it worthwhile for me. Loved the first two TR, Blasphemous and Phantom Doctrine both look great and I've heard really good things about Void Bastards. If you were expecting 10 fantastic games then you really haven't been paying attention to previous monthlies because it's always been one or two great ones at best, three was a REALLY good month.

Like, I get being disappointed if you already own them but you really need some perspective here...

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I'll be honest, I'm usually disappointed with Humble reveals, but this would be one of my favorite set of indie titles. I would also like to finish Shadow, so that's not a bad pickup. Blasp, Void, Desert + Shadow. I'm good.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Uh yeah, what are you guys on about? That list seems pretty great to me. I'd have to look up the last six games to choose but the first four alone would make it worthwhile for me. Loved the first two TR, Blasphemous and Phantom Doctrine both look great and I've heard really good things about Void Bastards. If you were expecting 10 fantastic games then you really haven't been paying attention to previous monthlies because it's always been one or two great ones at best, three was a REALLY good month.

Like, I get being disappointed if you already own them but you really need some perspective here...
I guess because a lot of people already own at least half of those games. I swear TR is permanently on sale.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I like this monthly a lot. 5 games on my wishlist and 4 more I dont own. Could probably sell my Tomb Raider copy since I already own it

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I guess because a lot of people already own at least half of those games. I swear TR is permanently on sale.
Its sale price is still higher than the monthly price, so it still comes out much cheaper.

If I stay paused this month and unpause the next, do I still fall under the “old” monthly sub where I get all games?

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Wait, so are those the rest of the December humble monthly games or is that next month's lineup.

I don't understand Humble Monthly. I did it once and it was pretty crap, but a few months it's been really nice.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
If I stay paused this month and unpause the next, do I still fall under the “old” monthly sub where I get all games?
That's how it should work, yes.

Wait, so are those the rest of the December humble monthly games or is that next month's lineup.

I don't understand Humble Monthly. I did it once and it was pretty crap, but a few months it's been really nice.
Choice 1st lineup, December late unlocks are still unknown

Reactions: inky

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Pocket Monsters use to have such a great OST oh those were the days.

RIP GameFreak (also Sword and Shield prove that reviews don't mean jack squat and having different people review games has issues)

Also wow people must really like Half Life. I can't recall if I have mentioned it here but prior to 2012/2013 I don't think that I had ever heard of Half Life
I had at least heard of Portal and Left 4 Dead but not Dota 2 (I had heard about LOL), I also did not know about Counter Strike (I think I remember seeing one of my cousins playing it a long time ago, was it on PS2?, but I had no idea what it was). The first time I had ever heard of TF2 was in 2012 and I thought it was a top down shooter or something (twin stick shooter?) I didn't think it was a FPS game

Reactions: NarohDethan

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
I'm someone who fell off of Pokemon games before X and Y came out and given that I live in the middle of nowhere Pokemon Go and Let's Go were pretty much nonstarters so my feelings on the matter probably don't amount to much of anything.

I can't point to any one specific thing, maybe nostalgia since it has been so long, but I'm enjoying Shield quite a bit. I fully admit it's a very safe game and one they cut several corners. It's also considerably easier than previous games. Yet I'm still having a great time.

For folks like me it's a pretty good one to come back to. Yamper and the Galarian Koffing alone are two that make it worth it. Galarian Ponyta is amazing too.
:awwblob:

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Well... I could post my thoughts on Sword/Shield, but considering the fact my review is tied for the lowest on Metacritic kinda speaks for itself. It's not bad, it's just disappointing.

I miss DS-era Pokemon. Best mainline games, best spinoffs, etc.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
The leak does seem to imply there will be months where there are more than 10 to choose from. Even though I already own Void Bastards, Phantom Doctrine and Space Australia, it's still a great bundle, even with two to many tower defence games!

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Uh yeah, seems strange that there are ‘only’ ten games. I understand one could argue that it’s not a number set in stone, but this is the first month of the offering and they specifically say 10+

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
My story with Pokemon is that I did grew up with it as a child, I watched the OG anime growing up and I also collected the cards as well. My first Pokemon game was Ruby when I was in 3rd grade. I played it and liked it, I also played Fire Red and Silver version around the same time. Silver was sort of old by then so I guess that's why it didn't click with me. So from 2006-2012 was when I stopped playing Pokemon games and because how I was in middle school and highschool in those years people didn't really talk much about Pokemon since it was viewed as childish. 2011 I think was when I got back into Pokemon since I had picked up a used copy of Ruby and Fire Red for $5USD each!!!!!! that was a steal for those games. I enjoyed them and decided to pick up other games as well. I liked Pokemon Black a lot and that is the game that I played the most, HeartGold was also nice but it did feel "slower" compared to Black. I played Pearl and I did not like it (it felt clunky, HG also felt this way) I played Black 2 but I never finished it. I played Y and I thought it was cool but the story felt weak. I played Omega Ruby and the game just felt boring and I didn't bother to finish it, the same went with Sun. I stopped playing Pokemon after Sun since it just felt like series was not really going in any direction. The overall idea of Pokemon is still fun but it still feels like the game has not really progressed and done meaningful changed that help the game. They are always adding and removing features and sure you can say they are doing that to make each region feel unique but that doesn't mean that you have to get rid of that feature all together.

I think I might pick up Pokemon Sword when it goes on sale for 50% off and in the past that might have been a thing that would have taken years and even then it would be $40USD used but with the way things are going for the Pokemon series the game costing $30 USD in 3-4 years sounds possible. I mean some places in the US are selling Sun/Moon and Ultra Sun/Moon for around $25USD each!!!

I will miss the 2D pokemon games since they had a certain charm to them that the 3D games just do not and even then it does not seem like that will improve by a lot.

here is some songs I like

Reactions: Rando10123

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
If the Jedi game had a higher budget this might have be a thing? Also is that what Speedrunners normally look for?

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
Looks like the achievement rarity bug was finally fixed. Now the Sega Genesis/MD collection has all the rare achievements again.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
If the Jedi game had a higher budget this might have be a thing? Also is that what Speedrunners normally look for?

This isn't a budget issue. Unreal Engine has been really bad with this kind of stuff since UE2.

I remember having to use a ton of out of bounds glitches (because they were extremely easy to pull off) in Mirror's Edge to get the platinum trophy on PS3.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Hey I think I got a spot in my playing list for another gam... oh ffs, those are the worst times !
I kinda feel like shooting things in the face, so Rage 2 on GP, but I kinda like skill checks and I have a huge CRPG renaissance backlog, starting with middling things like the first Shadowrun.
:huhblob:

Reactions: Wok

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I now have 3 months of Xbox Ultimate for $1USD not bad. Now I just have to figure out how to redeem the 6 months of Spotify Premium. Also the Xbox App is being dumb and not letting me sign in
---

Any word on Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey was the game any good?

Last edited:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
March 27th.

Will oda reach the final battle of the arc by then :thinking-face:
So the new monster in MH World is basically a meme. And it's official.

This dude looks like a bro
Stop hatin
Also one of his poses is an artwork of Dan from Street Fighter IV
That humble choice is great
Y'all just salty cuz you blindly bought that ish day 1, and didnt do the wise thing of waiting for a humble bundle :sf_lovb:

Reactions: Echoes

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
That Choice lineup isn't bad, there's a bunch of stuff on my wishlist, but at the same time there's nothing that makes me go "holy shit I need this now" like the previous 2 monthlies (I guess they have spoiled me and I was expecting them to start this thing with a bang and blow even those away). Not really my genres of choice and not enough anime.
Though I'll probably get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.