Community MetaSteam | November 2019 - You Can't Spell Steam Without EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Thank you. What would you pick between RE2 or EW2?
RE2 for me. I think its going to be my GOTY.

I attempted the 52 game challenge this year and I'm sure I'll never try it again lol

But I have finished 22 this year, maybe I can finish one or two more.
Im on 50! Lots of them are short games though but im still counting them. Ive got a busy Dec so am looking for a couple of quick ones to get me to 52.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
There's been a lot of edits to mine and I'm not entirely sure it's final. There's a strong chance Disco Elysium might be my GOTY when it's all said and done, but I'm still pretty early on. It's already one of those top 3 I mentioned earlier.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
This is tricky and it already changed like 5 times since yesterday, so it will likely change some more, but here it is:

Reactions: Arsene and lashman

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Reactions: Wok

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
Ah beat Wolfenstein 2, it was fantastic! Not sure why I got the impression that it wasn't that good, just somehow remember people not being to keen on it.
MachineGames has done an excellent job with Wolfenstein, I enjoyed 2 a lot myself. Some of the pacing of the game could be better but all in all it's a game that delivers in so many aspects, some of them underrated like the characters. They should keep expanding story and characters in the next game, it's what makes it shine. And you kill hundreds of nazis, that also counts :p

Reactions: Le Pertti

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Reactions: DeejayDoom and Deku

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I probably won't bother with Steam awards this year as it looks like most of the games i played this year were not released this year and not eligible.
I might just throw some of the suggested games into random categories just to get the badge or whatever though. shrug

In more important news! My surprise order of Deadly Premonition Switch Physical has turned up and it seems i bought the Collector's Edition back in September! I'd totally forgotten i'd ordered the game let alone the Collector's Edition with the metal badges. Neat.

That means i now have Physical editions of Deadly Premonition on 360, PS3, Switch, PC and the Board Game i kickstarted. I think i may have it digital on GOG/Steam too. lol.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
I have added more filters.

😱
Oooops!
There are no deals meeting your search criteria.
CLEAR ALL FILTERS

So, that is what I get >.>

This 4 games bundle is pretty cool considering its price. All 4 titles look nice.
Loads main page for me...

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
I just realized I still don't have the first Half Life on Steam... I don't know how.

I did only play the version that came with an italian magazine at the beginning of the 2000s, the Humble Bundle of the pre-internet days, but how could I have missed it all these years?!

And now, which version should I get for less than 1€? Source or original?
Both?

Ok, probably both.

Bought the Telltale Batman bundle. Have been waiting for them for a while. Hope the connection to my Apple TV is enough to play them on my TV around christmas. Are they still weird with looking for the onboard GPU first?
I didn't play them at launch, actually the second game I only completed some months ago and they both detected the correct GPU just fine.

My only issue with Telltale games is that they never seem to get the right resolution on the first try.

Last edited:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Bought the Telltale Batman bundle. Have been waiting for them for a while. Hope the connection to my Apple TV is enough to play them on my TV around christmas. Are they still weird with looking for the onboard GPU first?
Thanks for the heads up. That price is fantastic.

I just realized I still don't have the first Half Life on Steam... I don't know how.
I clicked on those games for the first time in a long time. And with the new client update the high res banners are so good for those games. Especially Blue Shift and Opposing Force.

I'm getting the urge to replay all the games but from what I read there are actual unofficial VR mods for both HL1 and HL2. I might just wait until I pick up a headset soon to replay the entire series :)

Reactions: lashman

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
In my case, the games detected my dedicated GPU just fine. No issues there. Played both earlier this year and enjoyed them a lot!

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018

I did only play the version that came with an italian magazine at the beginning of the 2000s, the Humble Bundle of the pre-internet days, but how could I have missed it all these years?!

And now, which version should I get for less than 1€? Source or original?
Both?

Ok, probably both.
I just bought it myself as you might have noticed from your activity feed. I never played it though. :face-with-rolling-eyes:

Reactions: lashman and Milena

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
How's Black Mesa actually, as a faithful reproduction? I never finished the first Half Life, just played around a lot in the early levels
Of course, I'd rather wait until they finish the Xen levels

Reactions: lashman

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

Well... Google sure has a great strategy in mind for Stadia...

It looks like they're offering refunds now... if you ask.
The dinosaur dude is not wrong though:
  • the game which GigaBoots bought is now his, he can play it without having an active subscription,
  • the game which is "offered" as part of the Stadia Pro subscription is part of the subscription service, it is not equivalent.
It is as if someone paid for a game like Bloodstained on Steam, and then complained because the game appeared on PC GamePass.

I think what Activision did is a ton worse:
  • release Spyro exclusively on Steam for 40€,
  • then a month later, offer it as a Steam key in a Humble Monthly bundle for $12, with other games. So, you can find a Steam key for $4.
In the first case, you buy a game before it becomes part of a subscription service.
In the second case, you buy a game before it is available in the exact same format for 90% cheaper.

Moreover, what is the price of Samurai Showdown? I cannot find the information. The important pieces of information are hidden as in every scam.

Last edited:

warp_

タコベルが大好き
Apr 18, 2019
SamSho is $60. Stupidly you can only purchase Stadia games in their app, there is no webstore or web interface. It's all app-driven which then makes finding pricing a matter of checking third party sites instead. (Funny sidenote, they couldn't even get all the setup into one app. You need two apps to get it going - one for the Chromecast and one for the Stadia controller/backend)

IIRC Stadia Pro members also get a discount when purchasing games, so at least that person didn't have to pay full price. Sorta works like Game Pass in that way.

Reactions: Wok

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
It makes zero sense to discontinue the Steam Controller without a new version in the pipeline and I really hope Valve did not really make such a boneheaded decision. The software may support other gamepads now but an analog stick is still a shit way to play tons of PC games that rely on mouse controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.