Community MetaSteam | November 2019 - You Can't Spell Steam Without EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
There was an update to Quake II RTX the other day and i tried it out last night and it's much, much smoother than it was a few weeks ago. I get a solid 40 fps on my 2070 and i'm sure i could improve that with some tweaking but it looks much nicer and is much smoother. If you have Quake II and an RTX card it's worth having a look if only for nostalgia.

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
Do you get Dota items for free? or do you have to purchase keys with real cash for loot boxes like TF2.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
There was an update to Quake II RTX the other day and i tried it out last night and it's much, much smoother than it was a few weeks ago. I get a solid 40 fps on my 2070 and i'm sure i could improve that with some tweaking but it looks much nicer and is much smoother. If you have Quake II and an RTX card it's worth having a look if only for nostalgia.

Oh wow that is a very big update.

It actually works with G-Sync / Freesync now for one.

They've taken some liberties in the textures, and added tons of metallic / specular info to the materials. Not sure how I feel about that.

New effects. Hard to tell if the performance is increased because only now can I play with G-Sync.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
I was reading some reactions to the anoucement of the RDR2 Steam release and I had forgotten that people want shit NOW, if they can't have it now they will wait a life time to have it, if they have it at all.

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
I was reading some reactions to the anoucement of the RDR2 Steam release and I had forgotten that people want shit NOW, if they can't have it now they will wait a life time to have it, if they have it at all.
I will say that my Borderlands 3 hype is close to zero when it was sky high a few months ago. The EGS only means I put it on the backburner for at least 6 months and now that my hype has faded I am in no rush to get it on Steam when it is released.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I can totally assure you that while there's a lot of people with zero patience, there's also A LOT MORE that have the eternity to wait until conditions are met, like, for example, I can totally wait 1, 2, 3, 4, etc... years until a game comes to my platform of choice, my hype will be intact but I will play it later, the only bad thing is that it will be crowned with other releases and... well.... that might make things slower for some games I was waiting for,

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
almost definitely going to be egsclusive, though
Oh, absolutely, but I think some fellas here were excited about the project nonetheless and I just saw that RT so.... here we have it hehe ^^

Reactions: lashman

TheGreenArrow

Ask me about my podcast damn it
Nov 20, 2018
www.thecellarletters.com
Last Year is finally coming to steam. Feel like it’s going to be DOA because of the year of exclusivity on discord. Everyone forgot about it.

Reactions: lashman

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Gamersgate has SD GUNDAM G GENERATION CROSS RAYS for pretty okay discount for anyone who wanted it,
£ 32.39 for standard
£ 48.59 for deluxe

Went for deluxe and ended up being $65 for me. Already got my key and comes with a second key which I believe is the pre order bonus.

Can't see right now through steam though.

Reactions: PC-tan

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I still have not finished the new Star Wars game but I will admit that it is way better than the last Star Wars movie even though some of the plot/lore stuff in the game does feel forced. (see what I did there?)

I really do just hope that the new Star Wars movie will be decent at least.

Also I guess that for headphones I am currently looking at the Sennheiser - HD 4.50 ,V-MODA Crossfade , Sony WH-CH700N which are all currently on sale for around $100USD.

I need help with storage. So it seem that there may not be a sale for Intel 660ps like I had hoped (is the Intel 665p an improvement?), if they were on sale for $180USD I would buy one right now but it seems that $200USD is the cheapest that they will be? In addition to the intel 660p I also wanted to get another drive as well (to replace my 600GB Hitachi 7200rpm drive ) Hard Disk Sentinel - Technical details for disk HITACHI HDS721064CLA332

There is a sale on Newegg right now for a
SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series 2.5" 1TB SATA III V-NAND 3-bit MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-76E1T0B/AM which goes for around $110USD (normally $170USD). I have a Samsung 840 Evo 500GB and that 1TB SSD would be an upgrade. I don't think I would remove my 500GB SSD though. What can I do to add more SATA power cords? I think I have enough SATA ports on my mobo but I just don't have enough cables to connect them to my power supply. I currently have 3 drives internally connect to my PC. I think I have a Corsair CX500 PSU that I have been using since 2014. So for around $300USD I will be getting 3 more TB of storage. Which will be useful for things like Cyberpunk 2077 and RDR2.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I always confuse Azur lane and Kancolle

How?

Also we know which one has better waifus, there was also that thing in Nippon where people that watched the anime were upset about how the AL made the Japanese ships "evil", and stuff like that.

Reactions: MJunioR

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Reactions: PC-tan

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
I'm just a casual flight-sim fan, but everything about this game looks so good. Hope they deliver.

Still feels so weird to be excited about what Microsoft is doing these days after so many years of "Embrace, extend, and extinguish" and heck... they were just trying to lock down Windows with UWP.

But I'm not complaining with a great looking Flight Simulator and Halo on Steam (even if it is very expensive over here :p)

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Blu Some people swear by the Steam Controller, some people swear at it.
For the price it was. it's worth having just to mess about with. I think it's a great piece of tech and those haptic touchpads are glorious. It's configurability is both a pro because of it's flexibility and a con because it can be daunting and annoying when you just want to play but there's a good library of configurations to try these days that are pretty spot-on.

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Blu Some people swear by the Steam Controller, some people swear at it.
For the price it was. it's worth having just to mess about with. I think it's a great piece of tech and those haptic touchpads are glorious. It's configurability is both a pro because of it's flexibility and a con because it can be daunting and annoying when you just want to play but there's a good library of configurations to try these days that are pretty spot-on.
Oh yeah I'm super in for the price but the shipping was what made me hesitate. Would've bought two if they didn't make me pay twice for shipping.

Super looking forward to trying this with aim heavy games. Just can't stand dual stick aiming nowadays.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Is there a Steam Sale thread that I'm not seeing on here? Or a place where I can check out other people's recommendations and hidden gems?
there is now ;)

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
SD Gundam Cross Rays:
Alright word of warning to anybody trying to get the PC version... DON'T. There's a ridiculous glitch right now that like multiplies damage numbers by some crazy degree, like you will one-shot everything in this game and everything else will one shot you.

This is not some rib at difficulty, like stage 1 mooks will do about 20 times your max HP per attack and your units do the same. Wait for patches before purchasing.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Ive been running IdleMaster for like 6 days straight now and racked up $30. Hopefully I can get $40-50 by the time RDR2 comes out.

People really dont give trading cards the credit they deserve lol

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Okay so for around $100-$150USD I can get a 1TB Samsung 860 evo ($110USD) or for $150USD a 1TB Samsung 970 Evo. I could get the 970 since I do have 2 m.2 slots in my PC but the issue is then becomes that one of those drives will eventually get replaced, with a faster 1TB 990 evo or something else. I can keep adding more and more hard drives though. If I get the 860 I assume it would be faster than my current 840 but it would only be about a 500GB upgrade to my current set up for $110USD. Dang it I might just have to go with a 2TB WD black 7200 drive instead then since that would be replacing my 600GB Hatachi drive and give me an extra TB of space at least (how do console users get by with 1TB of space? I mean at least on the PS4 you can just pop the disc in and it doesn't have to download everything, which in itself sort of makes disc more useless)

And while I may have fast storage with the Intel 660p that does come with me not having it full. My storage upgrade path are really limited...... games should be smaller. Storage space is one of the reason why I don't take part in as many beta test now since I have to to make space for the game which involves me deleting stuff just to make room for this one game that I will play for a few hours and then just delete.

I am currently looking for a mouse, maybe something that has multiple buttons on the sides since I do find those useful for some games but that also doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
---

Today I learned that Newegg doesn't have the 3 day shipping thing anymore

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.