Community MetaSteam | November 2019 - You Can't Spell Steam Without EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
It makes zero sense to discontinue the Steam Controller without a new version in the pipeline and I really hope Valve did not really make such a boneheaded decision. The software may support other gamepads now but an analog stick is still a shit way to play tons of PC games that rely on mouse controls.
I was sure someone was saying that a hardware announcement would follow the Alyx announcement so i initially thought it would be Wireless for VR but then i was hoping it would be a Steam Controller v2 but i've heard nothing yet so... it was probably a false rumour.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I was sure someone was saying that a hardware announcement would follow the Alyx announcement so i initially thought it would be Wireless for VR but then i was hoping it would be a Steam Controller v2 but i've heard nothing yet so... it was probably a false rumour.
either way - they probably wouldn't patent v2 if they weren't at least planning on releasing it one day

Reactions: PossiblyPudding

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
It's not a false rumor, Wireless VR won't happen AT LEAST until 5G is more or less installed in most of the world, however there's evidence of at least a SC V2 for some changes in the trademarks, although the hardware announcement will probably be a different thing I highly expect Valve announcing the new hardware in the next few months, probably Q1 2020 (February?)

Just wait.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I hate nominating stuff. Whats a VR game I can nominate? I have never VR'd.
Pistol Whip for sure, great surprise.
Haha! Almost added, "but watch them announce it soon after this post" when I quoted Naroh earlier.

Glad to see it's coming soon, but wow, two days after Halo and five before DQ Builders 2? That's going to be tough for me. Makes my waiting for that discount easier I suppose.
My "games to buy on Steam" before 2020 is here. 😭

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
If I use the search filter steam lab experiment and hide games in my library, will I still see bundles?

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Haha! Almost added, "but watch them announce it soon after this post" when I quoted Naroh earlier.

Glad to see it's coming soon, but wow, two days after Halo and five before DQ Builders 2? That's going to be tough for me. Makes my waiting for that discount easier I suppose.
I should do it more often.
Hey guys when’s Panzer Dragoon Saga??

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Pistol Whip for sure, great surprise.

My "games to buy on Steam" before 2020 is here. 😭
Oh.. oh no. I'm right there with you. Our poor wallets. :crying-face:

There's only like three or four on that list I don't own yet either. Got Gundam and Ni No Kuni, but still need Doom Eternal and Darq for sure.

That's a great list of games by the way!
I should do it more often.
Hey guys when’s Panzer Dragoon Saga??
Not sure, but hopefully soon!

There we go, the magic has been cast once again. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018

Well... Google sure has a great strategy in mind for Stadia...

It looks like they're offering refunds now... if you ask.
Watching the replies to the announcement tweet from people who got burned by this, I have to ask: Who are all these people buying 6-year-old TPSs on a streaming platform? It sucks, of course, but buying a Stadia game seems weird, and it being Tomb Raider 2013 of all things is even weirder. And I say this as someone who liked that game.

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
I have no idea what games are confirmed for release next year, apart from Cyberpunk, Half Life Alyx and Vampire Bloodlines. And I've already got 2 of those 3 because I have no self control.

I'll wait to read on this forum what other great games I should buy.

Oh, and I know that Last of Us 2 is coming, of course, but I'll wait. I don't have a PS4, so I'd have to steal borrow one first.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I have no idea what games are confirmed for release next year, apart from Cyberpunk, Half Life Alyx and Vampire Bloodlines. And I've already got 2 of those 3 because I have no self control.

I'll wait to read on this forum what other great games I should buy.

Oh, and I know that Last of Us 2 is coming, of course, but I'll wait. I don't have a PS4, so I'd have to steal borrow one first.
Baldurs Gate 3, Dying Light 2, FF7remake and Doom Eternal are the other big ones.

Larian hasn't shown much of BG3 tho so its probably a 2021 title. Would be great if it made an appearance at the game awards next month.

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I'm hyped for an insane number of games releasing next year but somehow Gamedec, Project Haven and N1RV Ann-A sit at the top of my list despite all the crazy AAA/AA stuff I'm waiting for.

Reactions: PossiblyPudding

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Is there a way to easily view other people's wishlists aside from going to each game and seeing who's icon appears or am i being a numpty and missing something obvious?

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
I’ve been dreading the announcement but trying to stay optimistic 😥

That new FROM game should be next year as well I think? But no gameplay yet so hard to get hyped for it.
Whaaaaaat?! It's by our lords and saviours, the greatest and bestest developer EVER and those by which EVERY other game ever released will be compared too, FROM Software and you dare doubt them?!

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Pistol Whip first update is comign in dec 19th, new scenes, new modifiers and new ways to play.

If Man of Medas friends pass is like a buddy pass that allows someone who don't own the game to play it, Im in. Don't own the game, but interested.

Reactions: Mor and Milena

Deleted member 113

A heads-up, in case anyone is interested:

The CBS license to the The Love Boat games will expire on November 29th, and they will be removed from all stores and platforms, including Steam.

I can't vouch for the second game, but I played the first game a couple of months ago (despite it being from a genre I normally don't play), and I actually enjoyed my time with it.

Enough that I spent 16+ hours with the game, and unlocked all achievements.

I posted my impressions at the time:

Status
Not open for further replies.