Community MetaSteam | November 2020 - There Was a Title Here. It's Gone Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

guhguh222444

thou who art undead art chosen
Aug 23, 2020
Imagine the sheer unbridled rage if MS buy FromSoft and permanently kill any future chance of FromSoft PS exclusives. The tears would arguably be even more delicious than the Zenimax buyout. I don’t see it happening though since FromSoft are already owned by Kadokawa.

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
wow classic is coming to steam unsure on an exact timing but i know activision is working on some backend stuff with battle integration style like ms/ea with origin system
If they do this, I imagine its a short trip from this to getting all their games on Steam. Stuff like Hearthstone, Diablo 3/4/whatever, Warcraft 3 Reforged (lol you don't want it tho), etc.

As all those games seem to use the same Battle.net backend stuff for communicating and so forth. If they can put that stuff in WoW Classic, I would think anything of Blizzard's stuff is fair game. To be fair I am simply extrapolating from Queen's statement. I know nothing and no one that would give me this information.
Now this is interesting. If Activision decides to bring over WoW Classic to Steam I agree it's pretty likely that other Blizzard stuff (and probably everything exclusive on Battle.net like the new Call of Duty games) will be making their way to Steam.

I'm sure companies like Activision and Ubisoft are looking at all that extra revenue that Microsoft and EA are making on Steam and want a piece of that action again.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
For the record, I still think MS or Sony or whatever buying other companies sucks ass.
Yeah I agree, and that makes me feel kind of bad, because I want to see Sony tears haha! Sony does so much fuckery that evertime there is rumour about MS buying anything, I'm just glad it isn't Sony.

Last edited:

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Yeah I agree, and that makes me feel kind of bad, because I want to see Sony tears haha! Sony does so much fuckery what evertime there is rumour about MS buying anything, I'm just glad it isn't Sony.
Yeah my best scenario is no studio being bought, but if one of the three are going to do it, then I am glad it is Microsoft. The funny thing is other forums have multiple threads arguing if Zenimax games are going to be on other platforms etc..., but no one stops to think that if Sony had done it, there would be no chance, mods would lock any thread even thinking of the possibility.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Sony lost a lot of [UWSL]favour with me over the months leading to the console launch. [/UWSL]
[UWSL]I understand first part exclusives, but all those small, stupid side deals are annoying.[/UWSL]

I hope series X/S turn out good competition.

Now for MS buying IPs: It ain't awesome either. I tolerate first party exclusives, but taking away game series that have been multi plat for the longest time isn't a dream scenario.
Imagine what would be without Microsofts sudden change to PC publishing.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Asian versions of the Cold Steel saga AND Ao no Kiseki (this are not Durante's versions)
Falcom's games having so many different licenses is mind-boggling. Can't they just give one party the entire overseas license? Unlike NISA's, these Clouded Leopard versions don't have Japanese text so I am not buying them.

Reactions: QFNS and Mor

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
from what i know either through testing or general infomation from people i havent had wrong yet.

bloodborne pc is very much still around the last test i did involved alot more bugs than expected and theres a new test again soon. alot of other ps4 games are well under way coming to pc i relatively dont know announcements or release times and ive always stuck by that because thats out of my zone. regarding above there was a spiderman pc project in the works but i relatively havent heard much about it recently. ive not mentioned spiderman here but i have mentoined it elsewhere on discord quite some time before any of my stuff was said here :D

guild wars 2 steam release got gutted heavy right around when the latest layoffs announced the next expansion is basically make or break for anet in ncsoft eyes now and the poorly handled approach for steam release only allowing new accounts they felt was doing more damage to the already broken morale and list of things riding against the game in a negative way.

onimusha projects from capcom are still in the works but relatively in a very low capacity sadly.

wow classic is coming to steam unsure on an exact timing but i know activision is working on some backend stuff with battle integration style like ms/ea with origin system

respawn have pitched a arpg star wars game, u can go alone or ultimate alliance style with up to 3 others in a team, light and dark sides pitched accross the movie arcs.

koei are working on a warriors style game in a much requested franchise

microsoft is announcing another studio buy soon which is relatively out of the right field and will suprise many (not in size like the zeni one ) but for who it is.
Thank you so much for sharing what you can about Bloodborne. Hopefully the announcement is planned soon. :)
Is this list still accurate ? Nothing changed since then ?

bloodborne (pretty much confirmed I suppose)
god of war
days gone
uncharted collection
the last of us 1 and 2
ghost of sushi

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Falcom's games having so many different licenses is mind-boggling. Can't they just give one party the entire overseas license? Unlike NISA's, these Clouded Leopard versions don't have Japanese text so I am not buying them.
Unfortunately, Clouded Leopard NEVER includes those texts for some weird reason, I know they are headed to China and Korea (in terms of markets) but yeah, that's up to the deal Falcom and Cloud Leopard signed.

Huh? Are we getting Ao no Kiseki for the West as well? I thought it was only announced for PS4/Switch.

Also, not all Asians can read Chinese. That's actually East Asian versions of the games, Chinese & Korean localization.
Leopard Cloud versions are always headed to the Chinese and Korean market, they are available everywhere but they are clearly headed to Asia (sorry, should have specified that this is just 2 languages, wasn't intentional, my bad)

So yeah, you could say it's coming to "the west" but with a clear limitation, the lack of English language, but I mean, Cold Steel is confirmed already and handled by Durante's team and Ao no Kiseki will probably happen too at some point and once again handled or by Xseed or NISA :cat-heart-blob:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Unfortunately, Clouded Leopard NEVER includes those texts for some weird reason, I know they are headed to China and Korea (in terms of markets) but yeah, that's up to the deal Falcom and Cloud Leopard signed.

Leopard Cloud versions are always headed to the Chinese and Korean market, they are available everywhere but they are clearly headed to Asia (sorry, should have specified that this is just 2 languages, wasn't intentional, my bad)

So yeah, you could say it's coming to "the west" but with a clear limitation, the lack of English language, but I mean, Cold Steel is confirmed already and handled by Durante's team and Ao no Kiseki will probably happen too at some point and once again handled or by Xseed or NISA :cat-heart-blob:
I just searched Clouded Leopard on google. Apparently it is founded by the ex-localization director of SCE Taiwan. Interesting.

Reactions: PC-tan and Mor

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
It's targeted for Taiwan and Korea specifically. They don't include Simplified Chinese.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
The crossbell trails ports seem to be based off the PS4 version. I’m surprised they arent region locked so anyone can buy them world wide. It’d be cool if the fan translations got updated to support these versions because id buy them in a heart beat lol

• This!
Reactions: QFNS and Tomasety

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Very interesting, hopefully it signals a general return to Steam.
For the record, I still think MS or Sony or whatever buying other companies sucks ass.
As a general rule, absolutely. Ideally the industry would be comprised of multiple independent entities releasing their games on all viable platforms. In practice and until Sony commits to day-and-date PC releases, Microsoft is objectively the lesser evil for PC gamers.

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
As a general rule, absolutely. Ideally the industry would be comprised of multiple independent entities releasing their games on all viable platforms. In practice and until Sony commits to day-and-date PC releases, Microsoft is objectively the lesser evil for PC gamers.
Tell that to gamers on Sony platforms :slightly-frowning-face:
I don't have a horse in this race but if you are advocating for the death of these practices, go all the way.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Tell that to gamers on Sony platforms :slightly-frowning-face:
I have, repeatedly, over the last years. Can you guess what kind of replies I got?

I don't have a horse in this race but if you are advocating for the death of these practices, go all the way.
I have been advocating for the death of these practices and putting my money where my mouth is for the last 30 years, I think that qualifies as going all the way. I would gladly support anyone who wants to raise their voices in earnest against these buyouts. I will not support anyone who throws "it's just business" in my face only to do an 180 as soon as it is their favorite platform getting left out.

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
Thank you so much for sharing what you can about Bloodborne. Hopefully the announcement is planned soon. :)
Is this list still accurate ? Nothing changed since then ?

bloodborne (pretty much confirmed I suppose)
god of war
days gone
uncharted collection
the last of us 1 and 2
ghost of sushi

Thanks again.
yup your also missing demon souls and the reason for the whole ray tracing confusion is because nvidia jumped in and is helping with rtx stuff for pc so they pushed back the ray tracing in ps5 version :D

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
On an unimportant side note:

Grid 5 received an update. It now runs about ~30% faster for me, which is a small wonder.
The crashes during start up also appear to be gone.

It's a fun arcade racer without over-complicated and bloated collections.

yup your also missing demon souls and the reason for the whole ray tracing confusion is because nvidia jumped in and is helping with rtx stuff for pc so they pushed back the ray tracing in ps5 version :D
I'm sorry, but what Ray Tracing confusion?
I'm out of the loop when it comes to consoles currently.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Damn....

I think I need to sit down, or rather lay down and think about my whole life.

I suppose no PC versions of any SIE games will be announced before 2021. Might be a while before we get announcements.

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman and Cacher

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I don't know who to quote but the idea that Microsoft is a good overseer for studios and a boon for gaming is rather counter-intuitive for me. They are pushing horrible practices on the desktop and I firmly believe, based on their prior actions in this space, that if they knew they could get away with murder, they would.

See : FS2020 sold at 70€ while the US price is 60$, game pass being offered via an archaic distribution platform with draconian security that would never fly anywhere if the price wasn't so appealing while pushing for gaming to become subscription-based, like the rest of their enterprise offering.

Microsoft, like any large corporation, is run by bean-counters. You do not want art being owned by them, and advocating for that is hard to defend beyond the argument of financial security, which was certainly strong in the case of Obsidian for example. They are a lesser evil to the studio's outright death, that is truth, but they are still a horrible company and have contributed to a lot of bullshit in the wider gaming space.

Dec 5, 2018
The way I see that argument is that between 2 (bad) options people choose the lesser evil (in this case the one that it's currently more "open").

That said, I wouldn't put much trust a big corporation and yes these consolidations are not really good, but with more and more focus on subscriptions services it's where we're headed.

Reactions: Tomasety
Status
Not open for further replies.