Community MetaSteam | November 2020 - There Was a Title Here. It's Gone Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
yup your also missing demon souls and the reason for the whole ray tracing confusion is because nvidia jumped in and is helping with rtx stuff for pc so they pushed back the ray tracing in ps5 version :D

Wait what? When is PC version coming out? Im literally about to order a PS5 on thursday (try at least) just because of Demon's Souls. My purchases hinges on your info now. :p

lazerfox

Alpine Flower Boy
Dec 31, 2018
Switzerland

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Maybe my PS5 is defective but it's still as loud as my PS4. It didn't go all jet engine but you can still hear it.

But then again they said it would be much quieter when playing PS5 games and not PS4 games.

The thing is huge and also I inserted the disc the wrong way but didn't see any damage on the disc and it still works. Can that damage the PS5 though? Or did you think Sony took that into consideration?

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019

Wait what? When is PC version coming out? Im literally about to order a PS5 on thursday (try at least) just because of Demon's Souls. My purchases hinges on your info now. :p
We don't really know how Sony's gonna handle their PC releases moving forward so its best to assume for now that its gonna take some time.
Or vote with your wallet as best you can and don't support either of them.
Good thing I'm a stingy bastard and will likely just let games rot on my wishlist for a couple years

• Toucan
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
  • Hug
Reactions: Rockin' Ranger

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Every button on the XSX Controller can be remapped through the Xbox Accessorizes app.
Every button, but the "share" one, which doesn't even get recognized.
Would be nice to be able to map a command or even keyboard/mouse button imput to it. For example to bring up an overlay, take a screenshot, start recording etc.

Maybe my PS5 is defective but it's still as loud as my PS4. It didn't go all jet engine but you can still hear it.

But then again they said it would be much quieter when playing PS5 games and not PS4 games.

The thing is huge and also I inserted the disc the wrong way but didn't see any damage on the disc and it still works. Can that damage the PS5 though? Or did you think Sony took that into consideration?
Hmm strange, it shouldn't be.

Nothing should happen to the disc or the laser.

Reactions: Li Kao

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Haha, would probably be at minimum a year, honestly if I had the cash I would get a PS5.

From reading around, seems to be luck of the draw with noise.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I have checked Cyberpunk on Humble store, and here is what is displayed:

It is only for a GOG key though. :face-with-medical-mask:

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and ISee

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Purchase any of these games and receive a month for free

A problem that I see with this deal, is that it doesn't say anything how you receive the month, do you get a coupon that gives you 100% off? Or do you get the current month's monthly?
Will active subscriber get a monthly, or is this deal only for non-subscribers?

Last edited:
  • This!
Reactions: Tomasety

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Wouldn't the steam version be also DRM Free (at least the witcher 3 is, you can run the game totally without steam, then again i got it in GOG so not like i can confirm it, and i'll probaby get CP2077 in GOG too)
Yeah I know. Witcher 3 is DRM free on Steam and CP2077 will be DRM free too.
Still, GOG's [UWSL]raison d'être is DRM free. Something I appreciate a lot. [/UWSL]

guhguh222444

thou who art undead art chosen
Aug 23, 2020
Man, all this talk about DeSR coming to PC, I just wish Sony adopted this attitude a few years earlier and ported the original instead. It really doesn’t deserve to be stuck on the PS3 and less than perfect emulators.

I was entertaining the idea of someone possibly “fixing” the remake on PC by completely reworking the lighting and assets, but that sounds like an insane amount of work. Maybe porting over the original game’s assets? Though I doubt the framework will be there to do so. I don’t know, I just feel like this is spitting on the original twice as much as it already has.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Or vote with your wallet as best you can and don't support either of them.
How do you vote with your wallet in such a case though? It's a tough message to try and send. Not buying Microsoft games on PC might send the message that there isn't any interest in PC releases.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I just got through the pre-Heavensward endless cinematic (the first part, because there is more) of Final Fantasy XIV.
It's INCREDIBLE.

If they can come back to the same quality at least semi regularly, oh boy !

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
For the record, I still think MS or Sony or whatever buying other companies sucks ass.
Seriously, I don't understand how anyone can be happy about moneyhats of any kind. I get that idiots on forums can identify too hard with their favorite company and often say obnoxious things, but they don't represent the vast majority of people who just want to play games. The vast majority, I'd wager, think exclusivity deals are confusing and irritating. I'm really dismayed that the moneyhatting resurgence that's going on now. I thought the industry would eventually be done with this kind of crap.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
If Sony doesnt want to get behind they need to step up their PC game divisions. Letting MS eat their lunch with Gamepass ('hey why not get the Xbox? there's tons of games for 10 bucks a month!') will have an effect in their bottom line eventually, and we all know that PC games basically have infinite legs, so it is in the best interest to stop depending so much on PS5 hardware, especially when it is expensive as shit.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Yeah, even if that pic is fake, we have seen enough signs that point to Sony on PC for it to not be an if but a when. At least in the form of a Sony store. Trailers for games mentioning limited exclusivity, 50 millions port initiative, leaks etc.
But Sony is focused on their big launch, there is a pandemic and the issue of handling the messaging to not put their more crazy fans on suicide watch.

A Sony Game Pass looks very probable to me too, whatever bullshit Ryan officially spouts.

• Eyes

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Yeah, even if that pic is fake, we have seen enough signs that point to Sony on PC for it to not be an if but a when. At least in the form of a Sony store. Trailers for games mentioning limited exclusivity, 50 millions port initiative, leaks etc.
But Sony is focused on their big launch, there is a pandemic and the issue of handling the messaging to not put their more crazy fans on suicide watch.

A Sony Game Pass looks very probable to me too, whatever bullshit Ryan officially spouts.
Its not fake. Sackboy A Big Adventure also appeared there last week

Its probably a PC + PS5 thing. Theres no way Sony is gonna release their first party IPs on Xbox or Switch.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
One thing is for sure : Sony are going to start to seriously invest on PC. Whether it be through Steam, EGS exclusivity or their own digital platform is the question.
It makes a lot of sense to make PS4 exclusives even more profitable.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Not a bug. Its a art asset someone at Sony made and put on there manually. Just like the Sackboy one. If anything its a mistake.

But apparently the Sackboy banner is still visible almost a week later.
Funny mistake then. :p

hope it's not a mistake

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
I just got through the pre-Heavensward endless cinematic (the first part, because there is more) of Final Fantasy XIV.
It's INCREDIBLE.

If they can come back to the same quality at least semi regularly, oh boy !
You're in for a treat when you reach Heavensward proper and Shadowbringers eventually then.
Salivating at all the potential for anime mods on Spiderman
Spider Gwen, Spider Gwen

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Its not fake. Sackboy A Big Adventure also appeared there last week

Its probably a PC + PS5 thing. Theres no way Sony is gonna release their first party IPs on Xbox or Switch.
Exact same frame and wording, it's just a template then. Probably Godfall template.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Well, my opinion about this matter is quite simple.

Do I think those games will come to PC? yes, one day, probably.

Do I think those games will come to other consoles? absolutely no.

Do I think it's a mistake? it's a 50/50 thing, on the one hand it's potentially not a mistake in the message that it's probably going to be a console exclusive at some point but I think it's a mistake given that the labels are not yet finalized, so even if it says "other consoles" it might just be a non-finalized label that they are using in general.

While I wouldn't read too much into this, I think there have been too many errors in the same direction, and as we say in Spanish "Cuando el rio suena, agua lleva" which means, if something sounds a lot, might be something.

Let's not forget the "Playstation console exclusive" labels from Playstation experience 2015 and 2016 event with Yakuza, Ni No Kuni and others, those were ALL mistakes and then, PAM, they weren't mistakes. (not entirely the same, I know, but still)

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Exact same frame and wording, it's just a template then. Probably Godfall template.
At some point, it's hard to believe it's a mistake.
They had a major stink about it after Demon's Soul, where they ended up reuploading an entire video. And now it appears multiple times on vastly different games. And it's not like the promo images are super complex, with lots of info that could go wrong. If it wasn't console exclusive, but proper exclusive, why wouldn't the marketing department of all people be sure to get that right. This is their job.

I mean, maybe it's a mistake, it just feels like they are legally required to have it up with the proper message, and then are taking it down.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Status
Not open for further replies.