Community MetaSteam | November 2020 - There Was a Title Here. It's Gone Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Can you dive into that a bit more? It was one of the games i was looking forward to after its EGS time.
Since I am playing it for an Backlog Blitz and intend to finish it so more detailed thoughts will be written later. I could link them to you if you are interested.

But where I am currently after a bit more than 8 hours: Boring to non-existant leveldesign, uninspired enemy placement, an interesting visual style they do nothing with so far, combat system is okay-ish but misses the thrill of the original. Also a bit pretentious in calling quests and sidequests "journeys" and "side journeys".

What broke me yesterday was the dungeon called "Seat of the Matriarch" which is the second dungeon in the game and the first big one. That one is just tedious. No bonfire equivalent until the very end of it, no looping level design with unlocking shortcuts. Just some long hallways that you can stray to another hallway here and there to find some items. Mostly upgrade materials or bags that give you money. Just tedious.

There is stuff that I like. For example the home base which evolves as you play more. Or the blank face design of the models in this because because it leads to people only having a blonde mustache and a pipe as facial features. But otherwise it feels like a game that is a bit up its own ass with the presentation and only seeing that the souls combat is good without knowing what makes it so.

• Hug
Reactions: Rockin' Ranger

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
A well regarded historian here (Norway) have stated that Trumps recent comments about voting and declaring himself a winner shows dicator tendencies.

I know this is the Steam-thread, but I feel like this election is making me too unfocused to play games and I live across the ocean from america.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
NO FUCKING WAY!

FOR REAL?!?

This seems a bit melodramatic and premature.
Let's wait until he declares himself President for live at the end of his second term. Only then can we begin to talk about him maybe being a dictator.

• Toucan
Reactions: ISee and Mor

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
America has forever suffered from this
Does it, though ?
I'm 100% not arguing or playing some shitty racial agenda here, but didn't Trump gain a lot of non-white votes in 2020 ?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Does it, though ?
I'm 100% not arguing or playing some shitty racial agenda here, but didn't Trump gain a lot of non-white votes in 2020 ?
Yeah, I read some reports on Twitter that he increased the numbers of votes from black people compared to 2016 or something.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Does it, though ?
If the earlier poll data holds up, white males voted more for Biden, and every other group voted more heavily for Trump than before

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
The real problem to me isn't specifically Trump but the systemic and sociological reasons behind his voter base's rise to prominence. To begin with, the electoral college is bullshit, that is clear, but there is still such a large swath of people who desire things that are just self-destructive.

The question to me is : why? These people clearly have needs that aren't met, and I think the root of the issue isn't fox news, but goes back way further. Feeling alienated, disenfranchised, or growing up in a part of the US that is just culturally insane. Just like how abuse is a cycle if survivors don't realize what's going on, I think there may be a large part of that happening across the world.

What I can tell for sure is that generalizations like that meme about white dudes don't do anything to solve the problem. Social media bullying behaviors arguably made things worse in making people bunch up to avoid being targeted and isolated, and lines were drawn in the sand because of it. Still doesn't make toxic behavior and beliefs okay, but there's a lot of blame to go around if you want to be serious about the problem.

The problem to me hits really close to home when I think about what his voters may actually looks like. The people voting Trump and being exploitative, dehumanizing conservatives don't go on social media. They barely have a facebook account. And they look like my parents. I know what they are like, why they are this way, and I don't know what can possibly go through that wall of preconceptions and contempt they have for anything that isn't exactly like them. The only thing I know is how not to be like them, and what the abuses, the culture and specific circles that shaped them are.

I think taking a long, hard look at education, at institutions that foster toxic mindsets and unhealthy attitudes toward others, as naive as it sounds, might be a good start. Society has always been very medieval when it comes to parenting, to treating others well, and things of that nature.
Also, I'm taking a look at underrail and I'm unsure whether it's the optimistic, happy game I'm looking for :p.

Reactions: ISee

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Surprise! Biden was a shitty candidate all along! Who would have thought that in a super polarized political climate going for the most watered down of all candidates was a stupid move? Not left-leaning political parties all over the world apparently, since they keep doing that despite getting shitty results. Also, I'll never stop finding incredibly ridiculous all that "too far left" bullcrap for propositions that in the vast majority of the Western world would be center-right policies, centrist at most.

That said, I think it's now pretty clear from post-2016 elections all over the Western world: the more far-right and disgusting the right wing gets, the more you'll have a skewed depiction of how elections will go from pre-election polls and resting on laurels because of those is dumb, how some still can't understand that is beyond my comprehension. Thank you, "silent majority".

This election is a failure for humanity and decency regardless of the result. Having four years to see that a piece a human garbage was, shocker, actually a piece of human garbage and still giving him enough votes to make this a head-to-head battle is a defeat. "The People" didn't reject Trumpism in all its disgusting spouting of hate, just a few of them didn't like it as much as in 2016.

Look at Miami-Dade County, the biggest county in Florida with a ridiculous amount of Latino voters and Dems were about to lose that. What the fuck.

Also fuck California and their vote on gig economy workers.

Those votes on the decriminalization of Cannabis in several States and of all drugs in Oregon and to get rid of that rotten flag in Mississippi were the only good things to come out of election night.

Last edited:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Btw, anyone excited for any game in particular this month? for me is Destiny 2 and Yakuza 7 :cat-heart-blob::dualbladesblob::cat-heart-blob:

• Eyes
Reactions: Arsene and Tomasety

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
Btw, anyone excited for any game in particular this month? for me is Destiny 2 and Yakuza 7 :cat-heart-blob::dualbladesblob::cat-heart-blob:
probably yakuza and sakuna for me, but I have the feeling I'll just spend the month playing the 2 robotics notes games I purchased in october

• Love
Reactions: Mor

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Not really. I'm moderately interested in Yakuza (which I bought) and Mobius Front 83 (which I'll buy) but nothing I'll exactly rush to play.

• Hug
Reactions: Tomasety and Mor

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Only Yakuza 7 for me and that's because it's already pre ordered as I'm trying to save some money to buy a new GPU.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I'm excited for the Genshin Impact 1.1 patch with new story, bosses, systems and characters :dmcblob:

I have honestly no idea what's releasing outside of Yakuza 7, which I'm not going to pay attention to until I can play 3-6 on PC.

Reactions: Angelo

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
And another victory in today's run in Spelunky 2.

#games: 783
#victories: 3
:pro: :boomer:

Hopefully, my score appears in the ranking, unlike yesterday's score submission which bugged for me as an update (1.14->1.15) happened during my run.

Edit: 👌 Currently, #29 in terms of depth/gold, and #2 in terms of completion time.

Last edited:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Pretty much.

Game is pretty intense.
I would recommend F5'ing r/aww. You can effect is just as much, and you end up a lot warmer and fuzzier inside after a while.

Seriously, take care of your mental health people. This is probably a problem that's going to be with us for our entire generation, and then some. At least that's my perception.

Reactions: Kyougar and Li Kao

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I have a new screen as I impulsively, but with underlying good reason, bought a OLED TV to replace my old 43" monitor. The older screen went to our nephews little boy who had managed to knock his own screen over by mistake and break it.
Pure accident and according to his mum he was devastated. I got a thank you picture this morning with all the things he knows I like drawn on it which is far more valuable to me than a monitor. So at end of it all he's happy with what to him is the biggest screen in the universe and I'm happy because I got a picture.
I'll frame it and put it up somewhere.

Side-note: I really like my new screen as well. G-sync, HDR etc.

• Love
Reactions: Li Kao

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
The US is rather weird when it comes to voting. By the way are most of the people here from over seas? Since there are a lot of issues with the election process and I'm just not sure if people in others countries know the whole process since a lot of stuff goes into it. And I feel that my the time that most other people hear about it or start caring about it is usually twords the very end when it's just 2 final candidates that are from the democratic party and from the republican party, which funny enough have changed drastically over the years. Years ago Abe Lincoln was the one who started the Republican party and the southern Democrats were racist slave owners

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019
Demons souls!

Speaking about pc I'm playing a lot of street fighter lately, I want to become at least a decent player on a fighting game...

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
That is much higher than I expected.

Edit: It was 91 when I looked at it. It is going slightly down as more reviews are aggregated. Still impressive though.

Reactions: QFNS and Tomasety

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
- 'We need a moderate candidate to unite the country!'
- Election depends on a 0.001% in a bunch of swing States.

I'll stop going OT now, I promise.

Reactions: PC-tan and sk2k

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Ok, that's it. I may be less patient than usual because reasons (like election, having a sore throat, multiple apartment issues that linger...) but I finally tried Hades, and fuck that shit. My DS4 Bluetooth disconnects every 10 seconds, tried to unplug the bluetooth mouse receiver, tried plugging the pad receiver in another slot, no fucking dice.
I may buy a Xbox controller later this month, not sure anymore, but right now, fuck Windows and fuck PC.

May buy Hades on Switch, it may be blurry, but it will fucking work.

• Sad
Reactions: QFNS and Pommes

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Ok, that's it. I may be less patient than usual because reasons (like election, having a sore throat, multiple apartment issues that linger...) but I finally tried Hades, and fuck that shit. My DS4 Bluetooth disconnects every 10 seconds, tried to unplug the bluetooth mouse receiver, tried plugging the pad receiver in another slot, no fucking dice.
I may buy a Xbox controller later this month, not sure anymore, but right now, fuck Windows and fuck PC.

May buy Hades on Switch, it may be blurry, but it will fucking work.
Probably more like fuck bluetooth and shoddy drivers it seems. I sympathize :(

Status
Not open for further replies.