Community MetaSteam | November 2021 - Bienvenidos a Mexico. Sombreros no incluidos

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Is that the trigger rumble?
Yeah I think so, and it's weird but I don't think a lot of games use it. I was surprised when Windows Store games actually supported the feature.
PSN has the same price, so it's kinda consistent with the prices in the region

Yeah it's standard practice where all Japanese games are always ¥9000. So even if it's digital and if they could make it cheaper they won't.

So does this mean that the JPN and WW versions of Elden Ring will be slightly different? Because that looks like 2 separate depots and the only reason for them having that and a price might be because of some stuff that might have to get censored for Japan?

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
This is a recent problem, but when I connect my 2nd monitor to my PC, the entire PC slows down to a crawl and I have to restart.

Any advice?
What happens after you restart?

Maybe check display properties and see if fps is 24 on new screen. Check both displays. Set hz to 60 and lower rez if your gpu is weak. Check nvidia control panel as well.

Could be an hdmi issue too.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
This is a recent problem, but when I connect my 2nd monitor to my PC, the entire PC slows down to a crawl and I have to restart.

Any advice?
How recent? Did you do the win11 upgrade? Yeah check the nvcp after you plug it in and see if it's defaulting to some unexpected res and hz combo.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Is that the trigger rumble?
Now that you mention it and after retrying, it's definitely coming from the triggers. Does that change anything ? Are the trigger rumbles notoriously shitty ?

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Lashley

Computer Cowboy 🤠
What happens after you restart?

Maybe check display properties and see if fps is 24 on new screen. Check both displays. Set hz to 60 and lower rez if your gpu is weak. Check nvidia control panel as well.

Could be an hdmi issue too.
The same shit unless I turn off the 2nd monitor, like I say this is a recent issues like in the past weak.

I have a 2080, so my GPU isn't weak or anything

main monitor is 144 and 2nd is 60, was all fine and dandy until this week

• Eyes

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
main monitor is 144 and 2nd is 60, was all fine and dandy until this week
Oh, did Microsoft fix the issue where if the refresh rate of both monitors isn't divisible then you'd get issues and lag?
Can you try setting the 144hz monitor to 120hz?

edit:
Oh, it's a new issue? You've used the same setup previously without issues?
Maybe a recent update or driver install reset something?

• Eyes

Lashley

Computer Cowboy 🤠
Oh, did Microsoft fix the issue where if the refresh rate of both monitors isn't divisible then you'd get issues and lag?
Can you try setting the 144hz monitor to 120hz?
Like I say, it was working perfectly until this week.

Might just rollback my NVIDIA drivers.
Seems to be ok if I disable gsync, so yeah, thinking it's borked GPU drivers.

EDIT: Yup, enabling G-Sync but not enabling it on the 2nd monitor which is freesync causes this, if I enable it it works fine. Goodbye HDR, I guess.

Last edited:
  • Eyes

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Started up Forgotten City for a few min just before going into FH5. Great first impressions for Forgotten City.

Also,FH5 is running great on my rig, so Im very happy about that. It made me realize that Ive played FH3, 4 and now 5 on the same PC.

Also, completely forgot about:

Also curious when Godfall comes to Steam.

Kiru

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Now that you mention it and after retrying, it's definitely coming from the triggers. Does that change anything ? Are the trigger rumbles notoriously shitty ?
My old Xbox One Controller (with audio jack tho, so not super old) was fine until it also developed this annoying sound in one of the triggers, like in your vid. I did once lube it and it was pretty quiet, but like a few minutes later it came back. I had no idea how to fix it, even when taking the controller apart. I just use that controller for non trigger supported games now, if needed. I have a white Xbox One Controller that doesn't have any problems and an Elite S1 controller that is not perfect, but still faaaaaaaar less rattle coming from the triggers. Basically... trigger rumble is hit and miss, lol. Return the controller if you still can.

Last edited:
Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
The TV thing bugged me and if I get tired of my pad issue I can now delve into the HDR one :sweaty-blob:
Basically when plugged to my 4K HDR set windows allow me to set up 60 hz OR hdr, not both. I checked the rtings review and this is not right at all. Wonderful.

• Eyes

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Maybe its the HDMI cable?
I think for once this will be a quickly solved issue ! A google search reminded me that not every hdmi port on the tv support the full 60hz hdr enchilada. Given that it had been a few years since I had a console plugged to it and stopped giving attention to which port I use, I would say this is probably it.
Too lazy to check until now. Have to stop being lazy or risk forgetting again :cat-pizza-blob:

Edit - Ayup, just Sony being cheapass on port 1 & 4

Last edited:

Deleted member 113

I played some more of Tormented Souls, and it really is a very enjoyable game. It really nails the classic "old school" survival horror vibe and template to a T (including that "awesome" thing about saves, where you can only save the game when you find a tape, and use it on a recorder; so, you can only save each 40-60 minutes :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:).
I'm sure anyone with even a passing interest in the genre would get some enjoyment out of it. It's well worth taking into consideration, the next time it's on sale.

And, considering I paid less than $2 for it (I had a store credit at WinGameStore, and used it to buy the game). I couldn't be happier with my purchase. :thumbsupblob:

Here are some screenshots I took earlier today:

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018

Seems like Early Access was not so great for Among Trees.
That thread is a rollercoaster of emotions LOL, feels bad not really for the dude defending the game for a long time to realize in the end that the devs bailed on it.

Pretty clear that the devs didn't reach the minimum guarantee threshold and just gave up on the game.

Whats pisses me off is the fact that some people still don't understand that the money they spend on EGS exclusives rarely, and I mean almost never, goes to the devs.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020

Seems like Early Access was not so great for Among Trees.
It is weird to read some of the replies in that thread and have folks say it is entitled or demanding to ask for an update from the developers on a paid early access title.

If there is one instance where I do not think is ever entitlement, is customers asking for updates for paid early access titles. I am solidly in the camp that having customers pay for a title before it is even complete is so distinctly different from asking them to purchase a "fully" released title, and that it carries more responsibility to not mislead/deceive and otherwise be fair to your customers.

To be clear, I am not saying customers should be rude to developers/publishers or demand X be added/removed/changed, but I think that is a far cry from just providing updates to them. Heck, updates do not even necessarily need to be often, just predictable.

Edit: When I say update, I do not necessarily mean a content update, just to clarify

Last edited:

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
That thread is a rollercoaster of emotions LOL, feels bad not really for the dude defending the game for a long time to realize in the end that the devs bailed on it.

Pretty clear that the devs didn't reach the minimum guarantee threshold and just gave up on the game.

Whats pisses me off is the fact that some people still don't understand that the money they spend on EGS exclusives rarely, and I mean almost never, goes to the devs.
It actually did meet its MG, but they sold out for a meager $750k. The announcement on their Steam page made it sound like they were abandoning the project and making another game (maybe so they can dupe Epic again).

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
It is weird to read some of the replies in that thread and have folks say it is entitled or demanding to ask for an update from the developers on a paid early access title.

If there is one instance where I do not think is ever entitlement, is customers asking for updates for paid early access titles. I am solidly in the camp that having customers pay for a title before it is even complete is so distinctly different from asking them to purchase a "fully" released title, and that it carries more responsibility to not mislead/deceive and otherwise be fair to your customers.

To be clear, I am not saying customers should be rude to developers/publishers or demand X be added/removed/changed, but I think that is a far cry from just providing updates to them. Heck, updates do not even necessarily need to be often, just predictable.

Edit: When I say update, I do not necessarily mean a content update, just to clarify
Yeah, I agree 100% and it’s what’s frustrating about World of Horror at the moment. I’ve seen similar sentiments float in discussions about it. The dev stopped talking about the game since the start of this year, last content update was back in 2020, and then out of nowhere the guy appears on Twitter saying there’s an update soon (which, now weeks later, hasn’t materialized yet). It really isn’t that big an ask to leave a message that you’re on hiatus, that dev is not your priority atm, or some other things came up so people aren’t actually speculating about whether you’re dead. Or when you reappear from the presumed dead to at least have a status on the state of the game instead of again going silent… It's hard not to view those recent events in incredibly cynical light and see it as an excuse to put the game on sale again during the Halloween sale so it gets more visibility and sales.

Last edited:

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I've played Forza Horizon 5 for over 6 hours. It feels a lot like an expansion to FH4, but it's still fun. The worst thing I can say is that the song from those godawful GrubHub commercials is in the game.

I hope this doesn't make this early access BS more common.
Sega loves doing that gimmick. I fell for it when buying Persona 5 Strikers.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I hope this doesn't make this early access BS more common.
I don't mind. At worst, it is a minor inconvenience: it is a week-long closed beta-test, targeted at small whales ready to pay a 40€ premium for an expansion pass and an early peek at the game. At best, it helps to fund other products and services by the same company, potentially lowering their costs for smaller fish.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I don't mind. At worst, it is a minor inconvenience: it is a week-long closed beta-test, targeted at small whales ready to pay a 40€ premium for an expansion pass and an early peek at the game. At best, it helps to fund other products and services by the same company, potentially lowering their costs for smaller fish.
People playing on game pass or buying the standard edition is basically buying access to play it after launch. That might feel wrong to some people. Also, buying DLC for a game you don't own.

• Toucan
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Wok

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Why do you say that ?
I tried the game on console, then on PC which made console feel like crap.
MS is a juggernaut this few weeks holy smokes :cat-heart-blob:
4 of those games are also on game pass. And considering how big Soulslikes are on PC and ER is only on Steam (no EGS, GOG etc.), FH5 and AoE4 must be selling extremely well.

Last edited:
  • This!
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Mor

fspm

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
1 week now, 6 months in the future. And the premium price miraculously becomes the base price because apparently people are ready to pay it.

• Sad

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
1 week now, 6 months in the future. And the premium price miraculously becomes the base price because apparently people are ready to pay it.
That is called Early Access, and we already have these games on Steam. :evilblob:

As for FH5, it is an access to a closed beta (from my perspective). We had this for Artifact as well. Compared to Early Access, the duration is much shorter.

As usual when it comes to early access, beta, even day-one AAA releases (look at Cyberpunk 2077), patient gamers enjoy a more polished experience.

Thankfully, the access to FH5 is bundled with something more tangible: the expansion pass.

Last edited:

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
The price paid is mainly for the expansions & in game bonus etc. Early access being yet another bonus in a crowd of things you get.
Expansions bought sight unseen yes but never been let down yet by them so won't be the wildest thing I spent money on this week.

I often pay extra on Kickstarters to get early access as well.