Community MetaSteam | November 2021 - Bienvenidos a Mexico. Sombreros no incluidos

Deleted member 113

I never played (and frankly, have no interest in ever playing) League of Legends.
It's the type of game I simply have no appreciation for, at all, and the complete opposite of what I look for in a videogame.

Having said that, the spin-off games that were recently announced look kind of cool, in particular Ruined King: A League of Legends Story.
I was wondering: is the game playable as a "stand-alone" title, for someone who never played LoL, meaning it has a decent story/plot that anyone can understand, or does one need to known anything about the main game? I would assume not, considering the genre of LoL isn't known for having heavy lore and deep storylines.

thanks ;)

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Still waiting for the aggresive porting of back catalogue to PC from what Sega said last year :face-with-tears-of-joy:
Since it's SEGA we're talking about, I bet they hadn't even started any new project at the time they said that (not counting the projects that they already had in progress, like the Yakuza games released earlier this year).
If so, if anything truly started after they said that, I guess we could start seeing results of that next year? ...Maybe...
(Between planning, finding a studio to handle the port, the actual porting and testing, it may take more than a year for a port to be done).

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Any word on Godfall on Steam or did Gearbox forget it? I mean, Im in no rush to play it, just curious. I have the game on EGS (promo code), but can't bother to open EGS up and install the game to see how it is.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
FunktionJCB keep in mind that I’m like you and do not play moba games, but I’m pretty sure you can go in without knowledge. That would be incredibly dumb otherwise. It’s a new genre for the ip, they know they will reach people that are not familiar with LOL with it.
It has been confirmed by one of the dev on Era, for what it’s worth (like he would say the opposite).
I would just disagree with you on the lore thing. It seems to me the genre is pretty rich on that front and that’s the creatively interesting thing in these spin offs, using that rich lore that is relatively unused.

-

About Halo multiplayer, I… tried, I really tried. But I’m still a solo or coop gamer at heart. I’m not that good against other players, but that’s not that important, and when I play for some hours, pvp makes me super nervous and angry, I’m not wired to be competitive.
And believe me that annoys me. Being not great is whatever but I would like to be able to play these games like everyone else.

Some notes though. The servers have a rough time and that leads to annoying bugs. And yeah, their battlepass is trashfire. I’m very good with not rewarding skill, but their system leads to people not playing the game but the battlepass. How many times have we been reduced to 3vs4 because, I suppose, the motherfucking quitter didn’t get the mode he wanted.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Any word on Godfall on Steam or did Gearbox forget it? I mean, Im in no rush to play it, just curious. I have the game on EGS (promo code), but can't bother to open EGS up and install the game to see how it is.
Ask them, because there hasn't been any word for Steam and Xbox

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Deleted member 113

Tomorrow is all about Darius for me (after years and years of pestering every label I could think of about some Darius arcade ports, I'll finally get my wish :blobcheer:).

But there's a few other interesting titles releasing as well.
Like:

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
Been enjoying Halo Infinite multiplayer quite a bit but something I found somewhat disappointing was the vehicles in Big Team Battles. I was expecting everyone just charging in vehicles but the big vehicle spawns are limited.

Also the battle pass progression is stupid. There are some weird challenges like kill enemies using a limited spawn vehicle or push someone off with a repulsor and those challenges seem to encourage people doing their own self-objectives instead of the team objectives. I would like to unlock cosmetics to customise my spartan but the effort for some of challenges aren't worth it.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Been enjoying Halo Infinite multiplayer quite a bit but something I found somewhat disappointing was the vehicles in Big Team Battles. I was expecting everyone just charging in vehicles but the big vehicle spawns are limited.

Also the battle pass progression is stupid. There are some weird challenges like kill enemies using a limited spawn vehicle or push someone off with a repulsor and those challenges seem to encourage people doing their own self-objectives instead of the team objectives. I would like to unlock cosmetics to customise my spartan but the effort for some of challenges aren't worth it.
Clearly. And the xp is laughable anyway. I'm no expert on battlepass and I acknowledge they have to last weeks or months, but the progression for me has been glacial. It doesn't help that damn near everything is behind premium, but hey that's another topic.

• Eyes

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever

I've heard nothing but bad about Halo's battlepass :face-with-cold-sweat:

w-which I guess is okies. It keeps me from really pulling the trigger on trying it myself while I attempt to squeeze out what's left of this Seasons Rainbow 6 battlepass.

on the other hand, BP aside, everyone says Halo is really fun to play... 😅

too many games and not enough time!!

• Eyes

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I've heard nothing but bad about Halo's battlepass :face-with-cold-sweat:

w-which I guess is okies. It keeps me from really pulling the trigger on trying it myself while I attempt to squeeze out what's left of this Seasons Rainbow 6 battlepass.

on the other hand, BP aside, everyone says Halo is really fun to play... 😅

too many games and not enough time!!
If you are the target audience and you know you will play it at some point, there are a couple a cosmetic bonus if you connect during a limited time.
Not mind blowing, like Master Chief green armor color, but in case you didn't know.

Yeah, the game feels good. My only complaints would be that for now the map selection is a little limited, and that while I like the big 12vs12 battles, it's not Halo Battlefield. That would be something.

Edit - One thing about the whole battlepass and fomo thing for me : I don't feel it on Forza Horizon 5.
Not by force of will, but the UI is such an incredible mess of things that I can't even care. Too much informations, too much shit, I will pass and drive, thanks.

• Eyes

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
I only played Halo Infinite for about 6 hours but I don't think I will play again. It's frustrating on multiple levels. Firstly, I am experiencing technical issues. The game is constantly stuttering despite running at over 60 fps with Gsync in Big Team Battles and closer to 90 fps on smaller maps. Secondly, I can't play a specific game mode. I swear to god when I pick Big Team Battles, 90% of time I play this game mode where you have to pick up cassettes and take them to your base. It's boring and everyone ignores the objective. Thirdly, I don't find the game all that great. I admit I never played any Halo before except a little bit of campaign in CO-OP of Halo Combat Evolved at my friend's house, but that's it. It takes a whole magazine to kill somebody and you get way too few magazines when you consider how low TTK is. I understand that the game wants you to switch weapons often, but some weapons feel underpowered or even completely useless in BTB. Like others have pointed out before, I feel like vehicles should play a more important role in BGB. Also why the hell you stop scoping when someone shoots you? It renders some of the weapons completely useless. In BTB someone can spray you from a hundred meters with the default carbine but you can't shoot them back because without scoping some weapons do not have great aim. ugh :negative-blob:

I was hoping Halo Infinite would scratch that FPS itch, but it ain't it. I must keep looking. BF2042 was a huge disappointment too.

• Eyes

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
MomoVideo Wild ! I swear in several hours of play I never encountered this cassette thing. Oddball, CTF, Base capture, TDM, Big battles, yeah, but I have no idea which mode you are speaking about here.
It doesn't sound interesting, though.

• Eyes

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
The spawn rate of big vehicle in BTB goes up when the battle is nearing its end / one side is dominating the other side.

Regarding battlepass, yeah, progression is dreadful now. At least they have already addressed it so we can see changes soon. Meanwhile, as someone who grew up with Mario Kart battle mode or Goldeneye, I honestly don't care progression especially when they are mainly for cosmetics. If a game is fun, a good amount of people will play it for a long time. We also know they have locked stuff behind because the main game hasn't released yet, as well as it being a 10-year game.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
MomoVideo Wild ! I swear in several hours of play I never encountered this cassette thing. Oddball, CTF, Base capture, TDM, Big battles, yeah, but I have no idea which mode you are speaking about here.
It doesn't sound interesting, though.
Its the little energy cores that are dropped around the map. You pick them up and if you install 5 cores in your base you get 1 point. 3 points wins the match. You can also steal cores away from opponents base.

Its kind of a stupid mode because the cores are dropped in stacks so teams will install 2 and 3 at a time. Sometimes they spawn really close to your base too. Its just a not a well designed mode.

I think the game would really benefit from some type of attack/defend mode in btb. The bases are well designed for good defense strategies and there are plenty of paths to attack. CTF just doesn't cut it imo. Hopefully they add more fun stuff going forward. Also they need to put more skins in the game like brutes, craig etc and not just spartans. Maybe after campaign launches.

• Eyes

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
On one hand they are scams but on the other hand in the future they may not be a scam.

As it stands, crypto doesn't really have any value does it since it's not backed by anything? Real world money had value because it's backed by governments and what stuff that they have (gold was one of those things at one point).

But I'm still confused about it with crypto, isn't the whole point of mining to pretty much "print money" but in their case the value of money doesn't seem to go down with them printing more of it? And rather than it being treated like regular currency it feels like the currency itself is treated as a stock option.

It's just really weird, I can see why some people would be for it and why others would be against it.

For those that are for it, they can make a good chunk of change depending on what they buy and sell (the basic idea of the stock market, but then again the stock market does have federal regulations that they have to follow and people have been sent to jail for that as well and we have had big economic losses because of the stock market as well, and people "gamed" that as well)

With crypto I see that as being basically a new stock market that was created that has not been regulated yet so in a way it's anything goes (but that also means that people will get scammed very easily, since we can just get people buy into something that isn't really worth anything, but then again with time and stuff you can give real world value to it, it's weird).

As for the bad, it seems to mainly be about environment impact and also scamming people.
I can see how it would have a negative impact since the whole point of that stuff is to have a bunch of computers crunching numbers constantly about transactions that as happening and having everyone agree that that transaction did just happen and where "money" is. Seeing how stuff like that can use a lot of that can use a lot of power and that seeing how renewable energy isn't really where we get most of our power from that we would have to use other harmful resources for power.

Is crypto being bad a boogey man thing from those in charge that don't want a different type of currency and money trading that they can't control?

I don't invest in crypto and I also think that NFTs are a strange idea. Especially when it comes to how much people pay for NFTs vs how much artist get paid for their work. But then again art has been used for fraud in the past (nothing new). Artists should be able to charge some money for their talent and time and the cost of materials used but it's when it starts costing more than that, that eyebrows should be raised (here is a painting that cost a few hundred dollars and it's now being sold for a few thousand dollars. It may be sold for a few thousand dollars if the item is really popular with collectors (hey this looks really cool and I want to display this artwork).

Deleted member 113

I'm in love with the Darius Cozmic Collection Arcade. :love:
I love the series, and I'm happy to report my early impressions couldn't be more positive.

Awesome emulation, great QOL features (as you can check by my screens below, you can enable/disable a number of cosmetic screens/stats/info, that are really neat), multiple versions, practice modes, save states, replays, leaderboards, difficulty options, achievements (59, including some fun ones like 3 achievements, on different game versions, called "I ALWAYS WANTED A THING CALLED TUNA SASIMI"; fans of the series will know what I'm talking about, and how to get these ;)), multiple screen support (with extensive options) for the PC version, and more.

Of the cosmetic screens/stats/info I mentioned above, you get everything from the arcade instructions (if anyone is familiar with arcade cabs, there used to be some neat art showing some game info/instructions; it's available here), stage charts, enemy info, boss life bars/Yazuka countdown (in some of the games, if you don't defeat the boss before a certain amount of time some enemies called Yazuka Takami appear, and shoot at you; it's a time limit of sorts), and there's even a neat option that displays the name of the track that just started playing (a nice touch, considering how the series is known for its awesome soundtracks by Zuntata). Heck, even the pause menu in-game displays a nice looking zone map chart, showing the branching paths, the bosses on each of the stages, (...). Again, top notch stuff.
M2 really knocked it out of the park with this one, and they even added some extras for the Steam version.

I know the asking price is a bit too much for those that aren't fans of the genre (personally, with the additional discount for owning DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours, for 4 titles, and 7 versions, presented in such great form, I think it's well worth it), but this is really a must have collection for fans of the series, or fans of "classic" shmups of the non-bullet hell variety.

Here are a couple of quick screenshots I took:

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Is crypto being bad a boogey man thing from those in charge that don't want a different type of currency and money trading that they can't control?
Governments can absolutely reign in control of cryptocurrencies and many have already started, though admittedly, governments move slow when it comes to emerging markets. Crypto folks who think any aspect of crypto matters even an iota to whether governments could regulate, let alone kill it off, are either deluding themselves or others.

There was another popular article making the rounds the other day, but this post is a better summation of the issues with NFTs, and to an extent, crypto as a whole.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
Oh wow, the Darius collection works really well. All the custom screen options means I can have all the games scaled perfectly on my 1440p monitor.

...Buuuuuuuut it does commit a cardinal sin of having the game's executable being just "game.exe", which has caused me more than a few headaches in the past, with Megaman 11.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018

How do you not even know if your own game was released at all? I remember hearing about the same stuff with Cave shmups, where stuff like Deathsmiles or DoDonPachi DaiFukkatsu have weird obscure versions that were basically never released.

And I am, again, gonna be thankful this isn't like those Cave shmups, or like the Mega Man collections, where everything is outputted at a fixed resolution and then scaled to my native 1440p, meaning there can be two layers of scaling going on between the game-screen being scaled to the game-window, and the game-window being scaled to my display. If that made any sense.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Was it in here people were talking about StreamLabs? They're rolling the OBS name back at least. Not sure about the rest of the stuff they've "homaged".

• Disapproval
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Was it in here people were talking about StreamLabs? They're rolling the OBS name back at least. Not sure about the rest of the stuff they've "homaged".

They're going say whatever they can to try and salvage their reputation. Actions speak much louder. They've said nice things in the past, and then turned around and done horrible actions. So forgive me for not believing anything they say. They can show some change first and people can consider dealing with them if they want, but I won't go eat them with a 1000ft pole.

OBS is fantastic software. Fuck Streamlabs.

• This!
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and undu

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
It was when Elgato replied to Lightstream with the Pirates of the Caribbean Hanging meme that things started to roll and then OBS were highlighted as well with the OBS & SLOBS issues.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS