Community MetaSteam | November 2021 - Bienvenidos a Mexico. Sombreros no incluidos

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I once almost got main Google account hacked. Once that happens in this day and age, it's all over.

I fell for this one thing that did look sketchy (I knew at the time that it was an old design that Google hadn't used in 5+ years. And then I got an email from Google saying that there was a login attempt for my account form somewhere in Africa.

I still have my account and everything but if I had lost my account that would have been terrible that would be 8 years worth of stuff just lost.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Yoshi

Deleted member 113

Yet another game played because of a Halloween update/event, and another decent surprise.

I played a bit over an hour of:

And so far, the first impressions are good.
Resident Evil was the videogame version of a "b movie". And this one is the "b movie" version of... Resident Evil. Which makes it what??? :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

But seriously, this one is a lower budget, slightly "trashier" version of a classic survival horror game.
It starts off with a gratuitous scene of nudity, with the main character waking up naked in a bathtub, and a very unwelcome surprise (which I won't spoil).
From then, you basically have a game in the vein of the classic Alone In The Dark / Resident Evil games, with everything you'd expect: the (optional) tank controls, the puzzles, the limited saves.
On the plus side, the game looks rather good for what is surely a lower budget effort, the soundtrack is quite moody and appealing, and the premise is truly straight from a genre flick. I dig it so far. (y)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Two things happen today:

1. I finally managed to stabilise GTA4 framerate so now it runs fine without major stutter even during rainfall. Going to replay the main story first then move on to the two DLCs (which I haven't played in the past)

Revealed content
2. Japan Government announced that they are going to reopen the border to business travelers this month. After waiting for over a year, I should be finally able to return to my original job in Japan soon. I AM SO HAPPY!

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Controller, lol. It was specifically designed for it. K&M won't feel as comfortable. The game has an auto-lock on feature plus there's no need for precise shoots.
I assume it is just me, but I have preferred K&M in this game, because something seems really wrong with the aim acceleration on controller. No matter where I put the bar in the settings it seems to stay the same, so you move the stick lets say 80% and it is slow and as you go go past that point it speeds way up.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Li Kao

Itā€™s a strange world. Letā€™s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Sorry, everyone. I was a total fool, I hope all is fine now and no one is getting weird messages anymore :cry:
When you have the time, I will be grateful if you re-friend me. Always appreciated you as a poster.

Man... I am looking forward to more Forza Horizon. If only it had cross-save with the Steam and Xbox versions... Ugh.
It doesnā€™t ?

• Hug
Reactions: Tomasety and Milena

Kiru

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Its November already :confused-face:

Best and worst thing about this month is black friday so what is everyone shopping for this year?

I'm gonna look into some nice wireless over ear headphones and maybe finally jump in on a 4k monitor.

Also great thread lashman :cat-heart-blob:
Hoping for a big ass SSD on sale. These Forza games are getting huge and loading times could probably also be much better vs current HDD.

• Eyes

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
More and more this NFT sh*t is popping up in gaming and I am afraid that worst is yet to come. I just hope that one of those will grow big and scam enough people that entire movement dies because I don't see other way to get rid of it. Especially now when big publishers like Ubisoft are investing in it and thinking about making games with it.

Kiru

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
More and more this NFT sh*t is popping up in gaming and I am afraid that worst is yet to come. I just hope that one of those will grow big and scam enough people that entire movement dies because I don't see other way to get rid of it. Especially now when big publishers like Ubisoft are investing in it and thinking about making games with it.
I helped some guy who I know from Fall Guys to get some kind of stuff in a game called "Blankos Block Party". I was surprised that it had its own crappy launcher, but after I've read that article about Valve banning Blockchain/NFT games it made sense... Game wasn't even fun to me. I mean the guy I helped was also just into this whole collecting craze. I guess the skins you earn are worth a lot of money too...

• Eyes

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Happy Choice day, everyone. Hopefully we get something nice.
Here's some of my wishlist that I think is plausible(I would be happy if there's one of these in the bundle):

Ace Attorney
Resident Evil 7
Ace Combat 7
One of the Ni No Kunis
Greedfall
A Plague Tale
Remnant: From the Ashes
Outer Wilds
Monster Sanctuary

I also except Yakuza 4 to be in a bundle soon, or Persona 4. But I already have them :grimacing-face:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Ah, today is the day. Windows 11 upgrade available. Now, do I take the risk to fuck everything and gain lower perf on Ryzen ?
Why, yes I do :cuteblob:

(Just a little wary, my luck hasn't been the best for the last few days, better check my backups)

怌Echo怍

ē«œć®é­”å„³ć€‚
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I too lost some steamfriends to the hax. Must have been pretty widespread. o_o

they messaged me too, but i was in hospital getting anemia infusions so i didn't feel like clicking on shit at the time. Thank goodness I guess lol.
=====

I also am hoping for a decent Humble Choice day. (y)

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Happy Choice day, everyone. Hopefully we get something nice.
Here's some of my wishlist that I think is plausible(I would be happy if there's one of these in the bundle):

Ace Attorney
Resident Evil 7
Ace Combat 7
One of the Ni No Kunis
Greedfall
A Plague Tale
Remnant: From the Ashes
Outer Wilds
Monster Sanctuary

I also except Yakuza 4 to be in a bundle soon, or Persona 4. But I already have them :grimacing-face:
I want to hope that the next bundle will be great

Nabs

HyperĖ—Toxic ProĖ—Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Happy Humble Choice Day. Lets hope the $6 coupon isn't a bad sign.

ScourgeBringer just left GP, so I expect that in a Choice soon.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
We couldn't install the update, you can try again error code 0x80070005
I can definitely say we are going places, Cotton.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Lots of nice looking releases tomorrow folks

I hate trailers that skip from scene to scene every second. Show me the game if you have confidence in it.
I had interest enough to start watching the trailer, but from the beginning onwards it had rapid scene jumps. I left with still no idea if it would be a fun time or not.

• This!

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Looks like I have permission issues in windows update. Tried a few low risk tinkerings and nope, still no dice.
At this point I think the safest course of action would be a format and clean install, but I don't have the spare HD space to backup my C.
Fuck everything.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I ended up ranking games released this year using OpenCritic. Games are:
  • only eligible if they have at least 90% recommendations, a mighty rating, and at least 90 reviews.
  • then sorted by i) percentage of recommendations, ii) top score for ties, iii) number of reviews for the remaining ties.

Hidden content
You are not allowed to view this content

Last edited:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
WHAT ? The new settlers released in 2019 ? Or am I mixing up my episodes and there is indeed a new Settlers that has been in dev hell for some years ?

Oh, yeah, History Edition of an old Settlers.

• Eyes

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Looks like I have permission issues in windows update. Tried a few low risk tinkerings and nope, still no dice.
At this point I think the safest course of action would be a format and clean install, but I don't have the spare HD space to backup my C.
Fuck everything.
Maybe use dropbox or Google drive or something?

Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Am bored.
Malwarebytes quick scan only found some infected chrome files (didn't use it for years), and the long scan... is long. Only found two supposedly malicious .exe I keep for the sake of memory, from the shareware (?) version of the excellent 'Excellent Card Games'.
On the other hand, before that I used some MS program, Msert, that found, you can't write those jokes, too big, won't pass, '63 results' while searching and finished with 'no infected files detected'.

So yeah, at this point I can categorically say that I have a Shroedinger PC. It is full of malwares. And it is clean. At the same time.

In 2021, you don't "format and clean install" anymore. You reset (or whatever it is called) Windows with the option to keep your data.
I have no middle ground :cuteblob:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Fuck everything.
Shoot i'm at work and didn't reply. Have you tried SFC & DISM?
Elevate a command prompt and run these.
SFC /Scannow
Then try these commands.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

• Love
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Shoot i'm at work and didn't reply. Have you tried SFC & DISM?
Elevate a command prompt and run these.
SFC /Scannow
Then try these commands.
Nope, those were solutions proposed on unkown web pages and I played it safe. If you vet for them, I will report back.

-

SFC /Scannow
Some corrupted files were fixed, point me to two different logs.

Good

Good

Restoration successful.

I guess I will reboot and see if I can update now.

Last edited:
  • Eyes

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
In 2021, you don't "format and clean install" anymore. You reset (or whatever it is called) Windows with the option to keep your data.
Well sir... I will have you know that I still do "clean format reinstall" all the time :p

Granted, that's probably because the only thing in my C: drive are Windows and apps, and I usually want to reset my user profile because all the crap that gets stuck in there. So it's just easier to nuke the system drive/partition and do a fresh install.

Also, and I know these are my "old ways" talking, I would never trust Windows to "keep my files safe" during an OS install/upgrade, no matter how many times it tells me so.

Nope, those were solutions proposed on unkown web pages and I played it safe. If you vet for them, I will report back.
Those are normal troubleshooting commands for Windows. I think the first one is a general system integrity check and the others ones check and restore windows files from Microsoft online images.

Last edited:

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
If i ever write any of you on steam it ain't me cuz who still uses the steamchat in this day and age
:H02shrug:

Yet another game played because of a Halloween update/event, and another decent surprise.

I played a bit over an hour of:

And so far, the first impressions are good.
Resident Evil was the videogame version of a "b movie". And this one is the "b movie" version of... Resident Evil. Which makes it what??? :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

But seriously, this one is a lower budget, slightly "trashier" version of a classic survival horror game.
It starts off with a gratuitous scene of nudity, with the main character waking up naked in a bathtub, and a very unwelcome surprise (which I won't spoil).
From then, you basically have a game in the vein of the classic Alone In The Dark / Resident Evil games, with everything you'd expect: the (optional) tank controls, the puzzles, the limited saves.
On the plus side, the game looks rather good for what is surely a lower budget effort, the soundtrack is quite moody and appealing, and the premise is truly straight from a genre flick. I dig it so far. (y)
I played the Demo last week and was positively surprised how well made this was.
Unfortunately i walked straight past the saveroom when exploring and thus had to play the entire beginning again after i died, so i was too frustrated to try again (my own mistake, mind you).

Better yet, log out of the internet and lead a happy life
Tried this and all i got was a broken heart and e-girls that forced me back online.
:h02exhaust:

But I also really wanna play Battlefield and the Yoko Taro Card game.
Also Inscryption... Botan played it and it looked awesome. And Hektor hyped the heck out of it too. ;p Which makes me curious cuz we tend to like a lot of the same story beats.
Apart from not being incredibly sad, Inscryption feels more like a Yoko Taro Card game than Yoko Taro's actual Card Game in which you don't feel his involvement all that much.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
If i ever write any of you on steam it ain't me cuz who still uses the steamchat in this day and age
:H02shrug:
Yeah, who would use such a thing. Not me for sure. It's not like most of the people i would chat with are on Steam most of the time so it would be an easy way to just send stupid links and stuff to them. Nope.

I'm only in the two Meta Steam Chats and one with some friends who know i don't play CSGO and wouldn't message me about it anyway. Not that i use Steam Chat.

• Eyes

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ā™„ā˜•
Feb 29, 2020
I know there are a lot of nuance to these numbers, however, I hope this at least makes folks reconsider their preconceived notion that players need progression systems. The amount of times folks have argued games like L4D would be dead in the water in this day and age ignore how things like mods, community servers, and quick pick up can still matter.

That is not to say that I think progression systems are inherently bad or anything, just too often a modern trapping to ensure folks stay engaged with games regardless of whether it is meaningful engagement.

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
I do my data (at least the stuff i care about) is saved all in the cloud anyway

• Eyes