Community MetaSteam | November 2021 - Bienvenidos a Mexico. Sombreros no incluidos

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Ubisoft version of patching game is basically redownloading it XD

Patch sizes (based on development environment)

Today:
PlayStation 4: Between 49 GB and 60 GB depending on region
PlayStation 5: ~90 GB
Xbox One: between 13 GB and 19 GB
Xbox Series X/S: between 14 GB and 20 GB

TBD:
PC: 54 GB + 47 GB for HD Texture Pack

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
The Choice has a Zachtronics game so by that account it was already worth the 6 dollars. Otherwise not really anything that stands out to me personally, but still a bunch of stuff that looks like I'd enjoy it, so overall quite okay with it.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Ubisoft version of patching game is basically redownloading it XD

Patch sizes (based on development environment)

Today:
PlayStation 4: Between 49 GB and 60 GB depending on region
PlayStation 5: ~90 GB
Xbox One: between 13 GB and 19 GB
Xbox Series X/S: between 14 GB and 20 GB

TBD:
PC: 54 GB + 47 GB for HD Texture Pack
My eyes bulged at that 90gb for ps5 but apparently the actual size is 19gb. Leave it to Ubisoft to have buggy patch notes too.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
I tried using Moonlight for existing Forza games, to get the loss of Steam Remote Play for using the Xbox app back. It doesn't work for Forza games, exclusively. Both FH3 and 4 hang when they're being streamed through Moonlight, with a command prompt saying something exited, and they only move forward if I'm constantly alt-tabbing. Every other game works fine, even other Xbox ones that I know are in UWP. It's just Forza that has to be fucking special.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

Holy cow I might actually be able to go back and get 100% now.
Yeah, that damn banana got me too, took crazy long to find that, even with the help of checking the web. This seems like a really great improvement to the game. A bit to late for me, though.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Arc

pinson

Sep 6, 2021
Canada
Castlevania 1 is hard... until you discover holy water.
Then you are good until that one asshole stage with the bats on the bridge. CV1 is so good tho.
It's a great game but yeah, that Grim Reaper stage with the medusa heads/knights/the whole goddamn world attacking you really sucks. But if you manage to keep your holy water while surviving that corridor, then the boss is uber easy.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Reading some comments and reasons why people skipped Guardians and I am starting to feel that we truly just deserve games that are filled with grind and MTX to the brim. Publishers finally won, they finally made people not wanting to spend 60$ on anything that has below 50h of content no matter what that content is.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Reading some comments and reasons why people skipped Guardians and I am starting to feel that we truly just deserve games that are filled with grind and MTX to the brim. Publishers finally won, they finally made people not wanting to spend 60$ on anything that has below 50h of content no matter what that content is.
Ehh no regional pricing and the game had a terrible first impression. I legit thought it was going to be torn apart on the reviews.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
It is kind of true, I very rarely buy a game and when I do I rather not get a short linear game. Not only because I dislike linear games but I do want something that will last me at least awhile. Doesn't mean I want MTX or just grind though.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
It's such a great game, even the combat which I wasn't a fan of in the beginning has gotten a lot better thanks to the upgrades.

Game could end up in my top 3 this year.

• Gib
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Wok

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
The market is what it is. A lot of things are to blame not just pubs.

There is way too much competition across all price ranges.

Indie devs and stuff like gamepass make it too hard for 10-15hr long 60$ singleplayer games to survive. And from the top the real AAA devs with their 500+ man teams have squeezed out the AA games into the sub 30$ range. Unless you are a dev with a large cult following or you are some big brand media darling....you shouldn't be expecting your big budget shorter singleplayer game to sell a lot at full price.

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
Ok let's see, I can't for the life of me figure out the order of the legend of heroes games on steam with the upcoming games on the platform. Can somebody guide me about the whole thing? I just want to know in what order to play but i don't know wtf is the difference between sen no kiseki, hajimari no kiseki, zero, ao, etc

:dizzy-face: :dizzy-face: pls help

• Evil
  • This!
Reactions: Tomasety and Wok

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Ok let's see, I can't for the life of me figure out the order of the legend of heroes games on steam with the upcoming games on the platform. Can somebody guide me about the whole thing? I just want to know in what order to play but i don't know wtf is the difference between sen no kiseki, hajimari no kiseki, zero, ao, etc

:dizzy-face: :dizzy-face: pls help
Liberl Arc
Trails in the Sky (First Chapter)
Trails in the Sky SC (Second Chapter)
Trails in the Sky the 3rd

Crossbell Arc
Trails from Zero
Trails to Azure

Erebonia Arc
Trails of Cold Steel
Trails of Cold Steel II
Trails of Cold Steel III
Trails of Cold Steel IV

Epilogue? (not to sure about the story role of that one - don't tell me)
Trails into Reverie

Calvard Arc
Kuro no Kiseki (no localized name yet I think)

Cold Steel I and II happen at the same time as the Crossbell games and due to the localisation logistics have been released earlier in the west, it's fine to play these first. From what I heard by Cold Steel 3 you ideally want to have played Sky and Crossbell, so that's where I personally still am until the official Zero and Azure releases next year.

Last edited:

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Just realized Jurassic World Evolution 2 is next week. I haven't even finished the first game left just been slowly picking at it lol.
I really enjoyed the first one. I know a lot of people thought the management side was a bit basic and it was but i found it a really chill game with beautiful visuals. Gets a bit grindy to finish up all the campaign stuff.
Ill probably pick up the second one next week.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Glad i cancelled my Humble sub. The price is ok i just dont really want 10 new games a month, cant keep up with the ones i already have. Bundles at least normally had 1-2 games id be interested in and id give the rest away but the last few months have been meh.

• Eyes

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Reading some comments and reasons why people skipped Guardians and I am starting to feel that we truly just deserve games that are filled with grind and MTX to the brim. Publishers finally won, they finally made people not wanting to spend 60$ on anything that has below 50h of content.
I don't think the price is the issue. If you look at games which were both available on XGP and on Steam, they had a huge success despite the price on Steam being at least $60. To name a few released this year:

Forza is in the top-sellers. To quote fantomena: "the game is topping the Steam seller charts. On Xbox I have no doubt the majority of people will play it via game pass, as in, not buying a copy, but that is not happening on PC, people are buying games". On PC, a decent number of people purchase 60€ games without any issue.
We will see the all-time peak soon enough. :frogchamp:

:popcorncat:

:takemymoney:

:takemymoney:

:tired:

Last edited:

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
The problem with Marvel is the bad press. Do not release a bad game if you want people to purchase the sequel on day one.

If MGG is good, then it will do okay in the long run, and the future game in the franchise will be more hyped and have a higher all-time peak in the release week.

More 60€ games with a 60k all-time peak, without being featured in the XGP:

:dafug:

:tired:

Last edited:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Liberl Arc

Crossbell Arc
Trails from Zero
Trails to Azure

Erebonia Arc
Trails of Cold Steel
Trails of Cold Steel II
Trails of Cold Steel III
Trails of Cold Steel IV

Trails into Reverie

Calvard Arc

Cold Steel I and II happen at the same time as the Crossbell games and due to the localisation logistics have been released earlier in the west, it's fine to play these first. From what I heard by Cold Steel 3 you ideally want to have played Sky and Crossbell, so that's where I personally still am until the official Zero and Azure releases next year.
I would add to this that I think it's better to stay in release order (playing the Crossbell arc and only afterwards the Erebonia arc), as things in the Crossbell games already inform some things in Cold Steel. Nothing major, but I think it will give you a deeper appreciation of certain things in the series.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
I don't think the price is the issue. If you look at games which were both available on Xbox Game Pass for PC and on Steam, they had a huge success despite the price on Steam being at least $60. To name a few released this year:
Maybe there also needs to be better regional pricing, because nearly every game you listed here is not 60$ where I am. Case in point Age of Empires 4 is
20$ on steam.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Hmmm. Kinda regret not going for that $6 Humble monthly deal. Even if I just get one game a month I want, that’s a pretty good offer.

I was so salty about forgetting to pause August’s choice that I didn’t look into it :ripblob:

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
Liberl Arc

Crossbell Arc
Trails from Zero
Trails to Azure

Erebonia Arc
Trails of Cold Steel
Trails of Cold Steel II
Trails of Cold Steel III
Trails of Cold Steel IV

Trails into Reverie

Calvard Arc

I think I love you

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Started Anno 1800 again
have no DLC for it (because I don't have uplay launcher open for months to check for Sales or be reminded that I own anno 1800) and it would cost me another 60 or so even with current discounts.

So... I just subscribed for ubisoft+ for 15 and have all the DLC.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Started Anno 1800 again
have no DLC for it (because I don't have uplay launcher open for months to check for Sales or be reminded that I own anno 1800) and it would cost me another 60 or so even with current discounts.

So... I just subscribed for ubisoft+ for 15 and have all the DLC.
I need to play this again, I picked up whatever the full package was with DLC in a sale at some point so it does go on sale often enough for me to notice.

It annoyed me enough over something when i did play it to uninstall it in a childlike burst of irritation. The writing for the characters in game got right up my nose and I think it might have been something like them and the game itself never shutting the fuck up and letting me play. I need peace when playing games like this.

• Eyes

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
I need to play this again, I picked up whatever the full package was with DLC in a sale at some point so it does go on sale often enough for me to notice.

It annoyed me enough over something when i did play it to uninstall it in a childlike burst of irritation. The writing for the characters in game got right up my nose and I think it might have been something like them and the game itself never shutting the fuck up and letting me play. I need peace when playing games like this.
I only play sandbox and when you start a game you can select "only minimal guidance"
The only thing I get notified is when I find something or when there is a problem on the island.