Community MetaSteam | November 2021 - Bienvenidos a Mexico. Sombreros no incluidos

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
What's a zoom? Those games are already on gog and 40% off (3.59 EUR atm so probably similar to the normal price on the zoom thing).

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
Yeah, what the heck is Zoom? At least it's not run by Epic, I guess...
Apparently it's run by Bernie Stolar and has been around for seven years??
It doesn’t ?
They confirmed early on that it won't, much like FH4. Though things could have changed in the last year or so, I think they would mention if something had changed.

• Eyes

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I hope I will have the option to reset windows with the forced win11 install. Didn’t see the point in reseting 10 then going 11, but I always make the bad decisions.

Yeah, what the heck is Zoom? At least it's not run by Epic, I guess...
Apparently it's run by Bernie Stolar and has been around for seven years??

They confirmed early on that it won't, much like FH4. Though things could have changed in the last year or so, I think they would mention if something had changed.
You are right, it’s in the faq.

Last edited:

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
ZOOM Platform and Jordan Freeman Group
ZOOM’s mission is to design, create, and publish traditional and interactive entertainment with a Generation X trans-media appeal. ZOOM’s products are distributed digitally via, ZOOM Platform, along with non-exclusive third party content from both major publishers and indies with a catalog spanning the classics to new releases.

ZOOM has a world-class veteran management team representing all facets of the entertainment and technology industries.
Maybe I am old, but what is Generation X trans-media?

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I’m thinking of dual booting linux next. Will have to fiddle and deactivate secure boot and, given my week, what could go wrong ?
Do not answer.

Btw 80%+ is the Dark Souls of Windows 11 upgrade. I’m thinking about having children in the meantime.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
If i ever write any of you on steam it ain't me cuz who still uses the steamchat in this day and age
:H02shrug:

Apart from not being incredibly sad, Inscryption feels more like a Yoko Taro Card game than Yoko Taro's actual Card Game in which you don't feel his involvement all that much.
only really use Steamchat a few times here or there when discord is being :poop:

that's a shame about the Taro card game. 😓 I don't really like when they attach names to things and then those names end up meaning little. Really hoping Taro can get the greenlight for something bigger soon...

also this just makes me wanna try Inscryption even more. :blobeyes:

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018

Maybe I am old, but what is Generation X trans-media?
Wonder how they can carry Duke Nukem, 1, 2, 3D & Manhattan Project when it had to be removed from Steam & GOG due to licensing issues.
You'd think at least GOG would actively try to get these.

• Eyes

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
I'm legit gonna write a ticket to Playground Games asking if that whole "Forza games on Xbox-PC won't launch for a whole year" thing won't happen again.

Addendum:

Last edited:
  • Eyes

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Just got my 6G update. Lets see if I can figure out some of these Choice games.

Pumpkin Jack, Lovely Planet 2, Suzerain, Ape Out? Maybe Knights & Bikes?

No? Bad Rats 2? Fine.

• Eyes

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
A nightmare in 3 steps
1 Have the worst of luck today, with a Windows 10 having serious issues
2 Force install Windows 11 and be forced to leave the upgrade working by itself because you have an appointment
3 Come back to find a nice shiny Windows 11 and the first thing you launch, the what's new app, CRASH TO DESKTOP

I think my only option is to reset W11

Deleted member 113

The month is actually pretty solid compared to the usual, especially with the coupon.
Indeed.

For me, it's the best one in a really long time, since I only own two of the games (Wrath, and House Flipper), while in most recent bundles I usually have all but 2 or 3.

And, of the ones I don't own, BPM, Turnip Boy, Project Wingman, Wingspan, and Möbius Front '83 are all games I was tempted to buy at one time or another (I was actually close to buying Project Wingman this weekend), while Due Process is a game I was somewhat curious about (but I'm not big on multiplayer games; but as part of a bundle, bring it on).

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Yo, I think I'm going crazy. What if the crash of windows update was an issue on MS end ? Because once forced to update, and with a little windows update run added, even the what's new app opens now.

Hence the question, how do you know if everything is alright on your PC, people ? I don't even know if I have an issue anymore.

• Eyes

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Pretty decent month for me, I have wanted BPM, Wingspan, Mobius Front, Turnip Boy, and Wraith. Heard good things about Timeline. Not really sure on the others, but House Flipper is probably a decent time.

I can understand folks not being too thrilled with this month's titles. Humble does feel like it is in a weird spot.

If you wondered where that Stranger Things game went

Wait, so mobile only? Why would they delist it from PC? Honestly feels like they are just spinning their wheels on this unless they have a robust catalog ready to go at launch, but judging at their current offerings...

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
This Humble Choice is not great but not terrible. There are only 10 games this month, and also I'm very disappointed in the leading game. It's online-only game and apparently, the player base is almost nonexistent which Steam Charts confirm. Its inclusion in Humble Choice is the last effort to revive the player base which I think is not going to happen. Some people will try it but then they will move on.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
If you wondered where that Stranger Things game went

To the shock of nobody!
Get used to it. Games ( or anything really ) licensed from a brand with a subscription will be pulled when the license ends and republished on their own subscription service.
They want your monthly cash and pretty soon you'll need a trillion subscriptions to all these services to get the content you care about and then someone will create a subscription service that amalgamates content from these subscription services and the cycle starts again.

edit: somehow i missed that they were now mobile only. Odd but i suppose if that's where the app is that's where they'll publish them unles the other platforms are coming later on?

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and xinek

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
current Steam backlog progress: dropped Mages of Mystralia (Zelda-like action/adventure with a nifty spellcrafting system, but extremely bland in about every other respect) after a few hours, started playing Milky Way Prince (visual novel about an abusive gay relationship with a weird but striking blend of amateurish 2D character art and stylized 3D environments)

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Wok

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
After a more thorough look, I could actually play 5 out of the 10 games from this Humble Choice bundle.

• Eyes

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
I have been playing Ring of Pain. It is fun, but it feels like it suffers from a bit too much RNG. Some runs feel nigh impossible since the game places you in a losing scenario. There are way too many on death effects, too many effects based on a dice roll, niche items that have too many tradeoffs, and a weird mid run ramp up that feels like you are punished for not having a winning combination of items/stats.

I think it would be better if the game made it so you could always see one more card over to the left and right to determine your next step. Apply either a flat or % defense to explosions based on your defensive stat. Make equal initiative always win in your favor.

It still feels like a good game to just passively play while watching/listening to other things, but just some tweaks to how you plan a route and handle some of the dice rolls the game has would go a long way to giving it some more strategy.

Last edited:

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Age of Empires 4 looks very good but I suspect the Gamepass version isn't running as good as it should.
I'm sure the gamepass version is not the cause here. DF reported on the game's performance. It's the reason why I've held off from buying it for now.

Here's a snippet: Age of Empires 4: an excellent RTS - but tech problems need addressing

To begin with, the game is highly reliant on performance from a single thread, meaning that CPU frequencies trump the amount of cores you may have, leading to massive underutilisation of today's many-core processors. This is somewhat bizarre for a DX12 title and definitely holds the game back. Secondly, GPU load increases to an extraordinary degree (anything up to 2x) when the camera moves, leading to highly inconsistent frame-times and frame-rates, as the image above demonstrates.