Community MetaSteam | November 2022 - Miles, you gotta go fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
God, I need SMTV on PC so badly. The game deserves so much better than being stuck on that shitty hardware. I'm really itching to replay it with good IQ at 60fps.

Fist impression of Deathloop: the writing is hilarious and backed up by some really good VA. The game runs really well on my PC.
Speaking of VA, isn't the word for a female actor "actress"? I feel like that used to be the case but lately I always see people use actor regardless of gender, Even women when referring to themselves.

For example, Valve says that Japan not only finally entered Steam’s top 10 country ranking but currently boasts one of the highest growth rates worldwide.
Support from japanese developers will only become bigger and bigger. Most are already fully committed to Steam, with this kind of growth in their own market it will only get better.

--------

bye
Sep 20, 2018
Speaking of VA, isn't the word for a female actor "actress"? I feel like that used to be the case but lately I always see people use actor regardless of gender, Even women when referring to themselves.
The wiki page for actor gives a good run-down on this;
TL;DR: has been used gender-neutral or separate for several periods. Nowadays, since the start of the 2010s, it's more usual to use actor for everyone again. Not a new thing though.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
I'm getting a bit disillusioned after 75 hours Victoria3.
  • the trading feels like a big whack-mole where you can't really impact the price of the big resource trades because the world market just buys it all up
  • you have no option to set a max trade volume or price percentage, trading deals with big nations just get bigger and bigger without any apparent need by myself (importing 5k grain while the price gets cheaper and cheaper in my market, but if I cancel the trade, I still need ca 2k to 3 k grain that the big nation is exporting, but if I do that, it grows to ludicrous amounts again
  • the decentralized nation military buff is hilariously bad, the AI can't win against them (seeing war operations or even take states outcome against UK and France every so often), and I need 200 regiments to win against 20 native regiments because of the stupid way military works, they have a defense of 63!
  • and it is so frustrating when your 80 regiment general sits on a tiny 15 regiment front in Europe and all you see is the dude losing because he is only bringing 5-10 regiments into the fight
  • the diplo system and the AI "attitude" system seem nonsensical, I try to get Bremen into Germany but I am stuck at -79 because Bremen is "cautious" against me, the tooltip says because they are fearing my military and they feel like I am their natural enemy. I was at 0 Infamy. I said fuck it, and made a play against Denmark for Schleswig. Denmark backs down, und suddenly Bremen loves me

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
When did PC Motherboard market became this bad? I was looking for an upgrade to my 8700K CPU and Prime Z370-A and for CPU i was looking for 13600K/KF or 13700K/KF. And everything was fine until i started looking at the motherboards. My God is that entire Z690 and B660 a mess. Between cheaper Z690 boards lacking connectors and some still using PS2 connectors at the back (what year it is and what platform we are talking here again?) and B660 lack of overclocking it is really bad situation on the market. Some of the high end B660 boards that are priced as cheaper Z690 ones are awesome but Intel preventing OC on them is total BS. So we basically came close to motherboards costing more than CPUs for decent feature set (you still can get good ones for less than CPU price but we are close).

Am i looking at the wrong boards or market is really bad currently?

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
i'm not upgrading anything in mine until it literally breaks, after that I guess I'll go with a prebuilt (or laptop) + steam deck
I am on the 5 years cycle for CPU/MB and 3 years cycle for GPU.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
i'm not upgrading anything in mine until it literally breaks, after that I guess I'll go with a prebuilt (or laptop) + steam deck
I’ve been thinking a lot about this lately

I can’t be bothered/don’t want the hassle of expensive high end pc builds anymore.
My rig is still holding its own for anything that isn’t current AAA but most of its components are 8 years old now so I fear breakage will happen sooner than later.

I can see myself with a Deck and mid range prebuilt combo, and a ps5 for anything AAA/series s for game pass

• This!
Reactions: Kyougar

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Am i looking at the wrong boards or market is really bad currently?
Fellow 8700k here looking at the same situation for the past few weeks, almost bought the 13600k and the cheapest decent b660 with bios flashback (Asrock B660 steel legend) since the ddr5 prices are still double that of ddr4 in my region but in the end decided to go against it and wait for the ddr5 prices to go down a bit. But yeah, b660 motherboards are either poor in vrm quality or really good but getting into z690 prices.

The last two games I've played, the cpu is limiting my GPU a bit but not horribly so (Spider-Man and A Plague Tale). VRR monitor really saves the day here.

If the 13400f and b760 has decent pricing, I'd probably be picking that next year.

"Alan Wake Remastered and Crossfire did not generate royalties.”
After the end of the reporting period in October, we announced with Epic Games that Alan Wake Remastered is now also available for Nintendo Switch, opening up a new platform and audience for the game.
Yup, Switch is the way, not steam and deck, obviously.

Last edited:

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
I’ve been thinking a lot about this lately

I can’t be bothered/don’t want the hassle of expensive high end pc builds anymore.
My rig is still holding its own for anything that isn’t current AAA but most of its components are 8 years old now so I fear breakage will happen sooner than later.

I can see myself with a Deck and mid range prebuilt combo, and a ps5 for anything AAA/series s for game pass
I have a 2 PC setup.
1. 8-year-old previous main gaming machine from July 2014 with Windows 7 that is now used as an Internet-browsing/video-watching media PC. Only Upgrade was a midrange GPU after 4 years or so
2. 2-year old Gaming PC with Windows 10 that I only start when I play games.

Dunno when I will buy a new gaming PC. But the media PC needs to get changed with a small budget PC because the media PC is on its last legs with 3 case fans not working anymore. But I am too lazy to switch to a new PC where I have to install all the apps and programs from my 8 year old PC :/

Reactions: AHA-Lambda

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
When I get rich I might build a pc again. Kind of miss tinkering around. But think lots has changed since I last built a pc. Prices for one have gone insane.
That's what holds me back. I have to spend a couple thousand for a service I already get on consoles for now. Sure it plays better on PC but unfortunately right now I'm not in the financial position of splurging in upgrades.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Maybe change the 3 case fans if that's the only problem with it.
nah, then I would have to change the HDD which crystaldiskinfo screams about impending doom for 2 years now, the 2 SSD's also have 45000 hours behind them, etc. I only want to pay 200-300 euro for the mini PC, buying new fans and possibly a new disk (SSD) will be throwing away money because I wont use this PC 3-5 years more.
Nah, the fans arent the problem, it's just a 10-15C difference from 35C to 50C while browsing and watching videos, I don't game on the machine anymore so the GPU and CPU fan are still enough. Also, needing a new disk is counterintuitive to my laziness of not installing all my programs again.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
When I get rich I might build a pc again. Kind of miss tinkering around. But think lots has changed since I last built a pc. Prices for one have gone insane.
You don't have to be rich, you have to spare some money,

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
don’t have that kind luxury, where I can easily save money. I managed for the deck but it took a long time. And a deck is cheaper than a graphics card alone.
I've been sparing money for a new build for the last 4-5 years . A little after a little after such a long time becomes a lot in the end.

jads653

MetaMember
Oct 18, 2021
Utrecht, Netherlands
My current computer might be the last one build with gaming in mind. I need a desktop for work (Virtualization) but with Nvidia, Intel and AMD (CPU side) going nuts with power usage. Steamdeck like devices are probably my gaming future.

Reactions: thekeats1999

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Disposable income is a myth for the average person these days.
When you think you finally set some money aside, the car needs repairs, or an appliance breaks down, or some health issue crops up, etc...
You shop for groceries and you bring half of what you could bring with the same money a few years ago.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Tried the new Deck UI on Desktop Steam and it's pretty cool. As someone who literally was just lamenting the lack of a good console-like 10-foot UI, this is very interesting. Awful bugs, but I didn't expect less from the Deck UI.

Now if only we could have some level of control over the UI, like custom collection art, custom cover size etc... it would be incredible.

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
You joke, but I knew a guy who was cuting down on meals just so he could get an iPhone (and I mean back when they weren't that expensive).
There was a guy that wanted an iPhone so bad that he did surgery in some back alley to sell his kidney, but he got a nasty infection and was bedridden for the rest of his life IIRC. At least he got the iPhone.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
So do you need to play Story of Seasons Doraemon 1 to play 2 or is 2 just a better game that makes the first obsolete? I imagine the first has a lot of Doraemon stuff that are introduced nicely to the series formula that they won't repeat wholesale for the second so it may make it better for first time playthrough? I dunno.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
The one year anniversary for the Definitive Edition is on the 11th. Maybe they'll drop the Steam versions on that day?
That makes sense. I think a year is a good gauge to see how your launcher gains traction.

Though I'm not sure how well these games will sell on Steam. Aren't they terrible remasters?

Status
Not open for further replies.