Community MetaSteam | November 2022 - Miles, you gotta go fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Of course that first game I have major issues is EA game. First EA Launcher nonsense and then Dragon Age Inquisition doesn't recognize Steam Deck as gamepad. And that is issue since launch apparently and game often doesn't recognize gamepads on Windows either. How the hell you can f-up gamepad support this badly?

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland

DF report on Sackboy, seems like the main issue is UE4 stutter.

I do find it strange though, because I am playing it and i did get slight stutter in the beginning, but never ever anything close to what he seems to get, which is more like freezes.
The exact same thing seems to happen to him in Gotham Knights as well, Alex has freezes of 1-2 seconds, but then you look at gameplay from Cohhcarnage and he doesn't get any freeze on his PC.
It's strange indeed.
Reminds me of when Elden Ring was patched and it was pretty much perfect for Rich, but Alex had those lengthy rubberband stutters.
Not specifically that the stuttering is of the same type but rather that Alex' PC is simply haunted.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
FeedMeAStrayCat count me in (I also have b-day tomorrow).

What to get as present game to myself.. hmm perhaps Uncharted?
Hello my birthday sibling! :steam_cleanseal:

And I'm wondering the same for myself. I did buy The Quarry last week at around $29 for the deluxe edition for my bday and I'm thinking of finally grabbing.. well.. Stray as my main bday gift to myself haha
Happy Birthday!

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

Coooool stuff
Posted just a page earlier:
---

As a heads up for people wanting to use the New Big Picture UI: Valve seems to have added in general customisable Chord layouts again. And it automatically used the sames ones I had in the old Big Picture UI. So having custom controls when you press the Home button is possible again.

Last edited:

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Really going for a low key release huh? Trailer went out what, two days ago?
Hopefully it doesn't suffer for it (assuming it's any good)
yeah, guess we'll see

at least they've been marketing it a bit, just not on steam

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Finished Shadows of Rose and Metro Exodus.
I was expecting a bit more from the gameplay in SoR, her powers don't really make it very different from other RE games, at least for most of it.

Loved Exodus, it's my favorite Metro game. Fortunately I got the good ending.
Still need to play the dlc.

--------

bye
Sep 20, 2018
Loved Exodus, it's my favorite Metro game. Fortunately I got the good ending.
It is such a fantastic game with so many great emotional beats between characters that even the bad ending feels deserved, fitting, and not really all that punishing because it just is the perfect bitter-sweet ending for a post-apocalyptic tragedy. I already loved 2033 and Last Light but Exodus, in my view, elevated the series to the highest tier

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Last edited:

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
I kinda wish what stages each DLC set contains. The only description I see is that there are 2 or 3 new stages
Totally, this should be on the DLC Steam page description but well according to official site:
Set 9 includes stages based on Stage 4 of "R-Type", Stage 6 of "R-Type Delta", and Stages 7 & 8 of "Image Fight",

sanhora

Baldr Sky
Dec 7, 2018
Marvel Snap is pretty damn addictive. You can take this as a warning or a recommendation.
It's a shame the PC client is so barebones because everything else about the experience is so good. Hopefully they can get the widescreen UI out ASAP since I'd prefer to play on PC cause the game is killing my phone's battery when playing at 60fps.

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
But Persona 5 Royal ran...

Seriously though, not surprising tbh, outside the main series Persona and SMT, spin-offs are likely going to have a bad time.
Catherine (and Full Body) did fine IIRC. I think a combination of reviving a niche series that was dormant for longer than most Atlus fans have been alive, obnoxious DLC (why are you locking fan favorite Mara behind a paywall?) and the lack of a Switch version did it in. Also the game is kind of average and completely forgettable. :shrugblob:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020

Soul Hackers 2 bombed.
Can't say I am surprised. Expensive + mediocre reviews + not releasing on the Switch. I would argue launching on the Switch or not makes or breaks a new JRPG nowadays, whereas the only exceptions are Final Fantasy or a lowly-priced game like Persona 4 Golden on PC.

Edit: Forgot Tales of Arise being a sales success. So reviews would play a pretty big factor, too.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Dec 5, 2018
I liked the game, but I don't think the switch is a magical game-saving-machine.
Would it have sold better ? Sure,
Enough ? Probably not.

Reactions: Li Kao

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I would say a switch version would at least make it to 1 million. Triangle Strategy sells 1 million on the Switch alone. Marketing push from Nintendo on their directs + a solid JRPG fanbase (due to Nintendo releasing Xenoblade 2 early in 2017) are big factors imo.

Annnnnnnnnd here is this from SQEX

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
The pricing also doesn't help
It was really obnoxious of Atlus to charge $30 extra for a complete experience. I know that's their MO, but it felt especially sleazy. (SMT V is still the worst offender IMO with locking the fiends behind DLC).

I would say a switch version would at least make it to 1 million. Triangle Strategy sells 1 million on the Switch alone. Marketing push from Nintendo on their directs + a solid JRPG fanbase (due to Nintendo releasing Xenoblade 2 early in 2017) are big factors imo.
I know know about 1 million, but it would have sold a lot better if it had Nintendo's backing. They are the masters of marketing smaller JRPGs.

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Dec 5, 2018
I would say a switch version would at least make it to 1 million. Triangle Strategy sells 1 million on the Switch alone.
Counterpoint: NEO TWEWY
Marketing push from Nintendo on their directs + a solid JRPG fanbase (due to Nintendo releasing Xenoblade 2 early in 2017) are big factors imo.

Sure, if you throw a lot of marketing that would help (but this game did barely get any push except some videos in their youtube chanel.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

Annnnnnnnnd here is this from SQEX
How disconnected from reality are the people in charge at Squeenix?

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
This is going to discourage Atlus from trying more games outside of mainline and Persona.
I enjoyed the game more than most but it's obvious why it failed. I don't think a Switch version would have done much unless Nintendo gave it a significant marketing push.
I bought it day 1 to support my favorite franchise but truth be told, if PC gaming didn't give us the luxury of buying new releases for 40€ I would've waited.

Status
Not open for further replies.