Community MetaSteam | November 2022 - Miles, you gotta go fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
I think those Soul Hackers 2 numbers gonna affect more XBOX than PC...
PC -steam- releases at the end always have thant long term sales numbers

Last edited:

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

I would take this with a massive grain of salt as this person could simply be riding the coattails of the recent Uplay leak. Doing a tiny bit of research, it appears they focus mostly in Rainbow Six Siege leaks, but they did leak Assassin's Creed Mirage shortly before the official announcement.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
I enjoyed the game more than most but it's obvious why it failed.
I've seen a comment on ERA suggesting that Atlus meant for it to become a "third pillar" alongside SMT and Persona but like lol. If that was their intention, then MAYBE they should've given it an actual budget? I liked it a lot but it was a glorified Vita game through and through. It was clearly made on a shoestring budget and it was never going to impress anyone or generate any kind of word of mouth buzz post-launch. It's just... fine. But it's not something most people would pay full price for unless they were already long-time Atlus fans.

Like, fucking Soul Hackers 2 of all things was never going to appeal to those that got in with Persona 5 lol. And even if they were curious, one look at it would tell them this was a significant downgrade in basically every aspects. I'm like 40 hours into P5R now and the difference is honestly shocking. Especially after finishing my PC run of P4G earlier this year and playing Soul Hackers 2 just a month ago lol. They set the bar so high with P5 that if they want their other IPs to benefit from that larger audience they're gonna have to step it up, I think. Because Soul Hackers 2, as much as I enjoyed it, isn't gonna cut it.

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
It was smooth, you just lose your posts. Start with creating a new account on meta.
It's strange because I'm pretty sure I read that there was a way to keep your posts. Then again the next sentence said that it was a messy process.

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

I would take this with a massive grain of salt as this person could simply be riding the coattails of the recent Uplay leak. Doing a tiny bit of research, it appears they focus mostly in Rainbow Six Siege leaks, but they did leak Assassin's Creed Mirage shortly before the official announcement.
highly doubt but we will see. (not that I care though, I'm just following cause' data)

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
the soul matrix in soul hackers 2 is one of the most annoying things ever, not even hard just annoying, mostly because I really hate "portal" mazes, i'm really close to giving up on the true ending

• Sad
Reactions: 「Echo」

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
In case folks missed it in the co-op thread or on Steam, I'm going to be doing another 24 hour Extra Life charity stream this Sunday the 6th. It was so much fun the last time I did it two years ago and I'm excited to give it another shot after having to skip last year. I'm more prepared this time around so hopefully things will go a little more smoothly, though I'm sure something will break at some point. Wouldn't be me if it didn't! I'll be testing some things out on Friday ahead of the charity stream if folks want to stop by and get an idea of what will be happening on the 6th.

Right now I have the goal set to $250, higher than the previous total two years ago, but still pretty low given how tiny the channel is. And currently I've set four incentives, three of which are the same as the ones I had during my Trevor Project charity stream. So, pets for my pets, treats for the puppy and play a difficult game while wearing the cat mask/head you'll see on the Extra Life page. The new one is Beanboozled. For those that don't know what Beanboozled is, they're assorted jelly beans that have good and bad flavors and you can't tell which is which until you actually eat one.

And like last time I'll be joined off and on by some friends of mine during the 24 hours, some are folks you'll recognize from here. I also want to get some community rounds of Jackbox and other party games going at some point. It was another thing we did a little bit of during the Trevor Project stream and it was a pretty great time.. even though Li Kao killed me and stole my body to win at the very end of Murder Trivia Party. :disapproval-blob:

Here's the link to my Extra Life page for everyone to check out if they'd like!

I'll make sure to update everyone again before it starts Sunday morning. :blobhug:

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
If anyone is going to play star ocean on PC I have advice that will probably save you a world of stutter. Don't be fooled by the game forcing you to sit through a 10 minute shader compile on the first launch of the game, it won't fix the problem. What you have to do is go into the graphics menu and there is an in game shader compile option. You run that 2-3 times (it gets faster each time) and that should fully eliminate the hitching, at least it did for me.

Yes this is really dumb, and yes the port isn't anything special as it's capped to 60fps and doesn't appear to look any better than the ps5 demo I tried but at least it's a smooth experience after that.

Tweets with threatening auras

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Genuinely couldn't care less if ubisfot come back. EA can leave again if all they have is non-parity for sports games and terrible prices.

Just more room for better games.
I dont really care either but out of sheer principle I want all games on Steam – whatever you or I dont care for or dont play, someone else will and be happy to have it on Steam; and there is enough "room" on Steam anyways :)

--------

bye
Sep 20, 2018

Trackmania 2020 on steam pleaseeeee. Stop fucking your PC focused devs, Ubisoft, goddamn! Felt really sorry for Nadeo and bluebyte during this whole EGS and UbiConnect exclusivity shenanigans.

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I disagree, I think it's happening and soon. We all knew from the first day they left Steam that it was only a matter of time until they come back.
No, what I meant is that I don't expect them to comeback NOW, not in the future.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021

Soul Hackers 2 bombed.
Well, I for one am not a fan of giving every single game a $60-70 price tag, no matter the game budget and quality. Soul Hackers 2 looks like a poor's man version of Persona. If it had $40 price tag then I think the reception would be different.

Square Enix is the biggest offender of putting $60 on every single game they release.

Status
Not open for further replies.