Community MetaSteam | November 2022 - Miles, you gotta go fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 113

With a sale approaching (and another one coming next month), here are a handful of recommendations of various genres, all somewhat overlooked games that are well worth a look:

And a few compilations that I personally find to be awesome deals, especially when on sale:

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
Mistlands biome for Valheim out now for public testing:

Video contains spoilers

🍁 The Steam Autumn Sale has started 🍁

Last edited:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Persona 5 deserves Story rich and best Visual style. How am I supposed to decide? The On the go award too wtf :disapproval-blob:

Reactions: QFNS

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I am 100 hours in and I haven't even completed P5R yet, and it's already 30% off!

And no discount on Sonic Frontiers despite it getting retail discounts.

Go home Sega, you're drunk!

Edit: In fact, out of the top 10 games on my wish list, none are discounted. Wow. What a disappointing sale (for me).

• Sad
Reactions: Le Pertti

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Square are so uneven with sales. Feel like they are playing with dices to decide what's gonna go on sale. However, I am considering NEO TWEWY and Triangle Strategy. But for some reason Octopath is not on sale.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
I am 100 hours in and I haven't even completed P5R yet, and it's already 30% off!

And no discount on Sonic Frontiers despite it getting retail discounts.

Go home Sega, you're drunk!
That's because of Steam policies, SEGA can't run a discount on Sonic Frontiers yet.
Discounts for seasonal sale events cannot be run within 28 days of releasing your title, within 28 days from when your launch discount ends, or within 28 days of a price increase in any currency.

d00d3n

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019

I have spent a couple of hours playing the metroidvania game Ghost Song. It is really good! The introduction is approachable, mysterious and easily funnels you towards a point when you have gotten some essential abilities and the game opens up. The graphics look great (especially on my OLED screen) with some striking use of bright colors, darkness and faux 3d parallax effects. Is it not quite as spectacular as Ori and the Will of the Wisps, but I am really impressed that they delivered this kind of quality in an indie game. The feeling of movement and animations are better than in most metroidvania games, and it has been a joy to discover new traversal abilities. The game is more focused on exploration than bosses, but there have been some interesting mini-boss battles which make great use of your movement abilities. The game has some fun ideas about combat dynamics, such as your main gun heating up and slowing down the firing rate, but enhancing your melee abilities while it is hot. When you level up you unlock suit battery power which you can distribute on different suit subsystems (found in the world) which significantly alter combat, and amount to a fun progression of combat gameplay.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018

It was hard to choose which games to nominate for each category :sweaty-blob:

2022 has been and incredible year in gaming so far, doesn't matter if you're only into AAA games or indies it had a lot of quality releases.

Myradeer

Rayon de Soleil
Apr 17, 2019
Don't make my Labor of Love award go to waste Fault Milestone team :mad:

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Steamy nominating time is always difficult when you can't nominate same game for multiple awards.

No idea what to put on innovative gameplay, best game you suck at and sit back and relax, right now anyway. Also VR, but since it's possible to skip it that's not as annoying.
Maybe I'll swap Vampire Survivors into sit back and relax instead of game on the go. Decisions, decisions.
So it looks like Steam Deck did actually end up selling over 1 million units so far.
Yeah, they had a cake and everything.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018

We’re estimating PC-only Game Pass titles for our upcoming GameDiscoverCo Pro offering, and we think Total War: Warhammer III has about 300,000 Game Pass owners of any kind (Ultimate or PC-only). So sure, PCGP is ‘up 159% YoY’ - but that’s off a pretty low base number. (We’d be surprised if PC-only Game Pass is >1 million subs.)
Okay, that probably explains things. I think I'll subscribe to the free tier of this newsletter.

Reactions: ExistentialThought

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Bought Call of Duty Black Ops and Akiba's Trip 1. Couldn't fix the control of BO on the deck so I refunded it. Meanwhile, Akiba's Trip has a 10-min first launch ans no waiting time afterwards. I guess the initial setup on the background took a rather long time. Game runs really good though but to be fair, it was originally released on the PSP.

Happy for the purchase so far. Want to grab some indies next and call it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.