Community MetaSteam | November 2023 - I'd Buy That For A Dollar...during a Steam Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Lmao, Retro-bit finally made amends after 4 years for my faulty Saturn USB gamepad's d-pad and have apparently sent me 2 whole new (presumably without the flaw) gamepads rather than bother with replacement parts (I think). I thought I'd check where they may be with the USPS tracking number they gave me and they're being held at customs in Athens since October 31st. Googling about it shows they may stay there for months or ask me to pay to get it. Greeaat.

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Damn Americans, ruined the US.
I mean, you're not wrong. If you removed all the major cities and only looked at just the nature aspect of the US. You have big forest (I think I remember hearing that Canada has better, more pretty forest), the Pacific and Atlantic Ocean (sunset/sunrise at the beach). Beautiful coast, you also have deserts. And a lot of other stuff in-between.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
All y'all do not know what you're missing here in the US. There is some gosh darned amazing natural beauty here. It doesn't make the whole lack of health care thing any better but you can sure forget it when you look at Yosemite Forest or out over the Pacific Ocean from Highway 1. The Grand Canyon is awe inspiring (when you can get away from the crowds). The deserts have their own kind of beauty even. And depending where you go you can do many of those different biomes in one trip or in some places several in one day. Surfing waves the beach in the morning and skiing before the sun sets on the mountains is totally possible in California for example---with a car.

People rightly give the US crap about the many, many failings it has. But saying you never want to visit even to see the sights seems foolish to me. Now if to want to say you can't afford to visit that's natural and normal, but also a far cry from saying it isn't worth going. Money is barrier to everything for everyone, but don't let it ruin your dreams and aspirations.

In general I think people should visit other countries more often. Expand your horizons and see how other places are. If anyone wants to claim their place is best but they haven't been to many other places I'm immediately distrustful. I'd visit any country that anyone here is from in a heartbeat, if I could get the money and time off work lol. (There's a joke here about Americans not having any time to do anything because of late stage capitalism but I'm tired so consider this parenthetical good enough)

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Has anyone else found the steam hardware survey not entirely accurate?
It said that I have no SSD in my PC (I have two and a HDD) and it also said I don't have VR (I own 3 devices and one is never unplugged).
Makes me wonder if the stats for certain items are lower than what they should be, obviously taking out the fact that some people choose not to submit their results.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I love The Expanse so this is good news!

Also gives me hope for The Wolf Among Us 2.

• This!
Reactions: Dandy

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
for those interested in Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name, cdkeys key is already delivered with the purchase (you don't have to wait to release date), already comes with pre-order bonus, so if you want to save few bucks.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Has anyone else found the steam hardware survey not entirely accurate?
It said that I have no SSD in my PC (I have two and a HDD) and it also said I don't have VR (I own 3 devices and one is never unplugged).
Makes me wonder if the stats for certain items are lower than what they should be, obviously taking out the fact that some people choose not to submit their results.
It never detected my Oculus Rift all the years I had it always connected.

Reactions: lashman

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
All y'all do not know what you're missing here in the US. There is some gosh darned amazing natural beauty here. It doesn't make the whole lack of health care thing any better but you can sure forget it when you look at Yosemite Forest or out over the Pacific Ocean from Highway 1. The Grand Canyon is awe inspiring (when you can get away from the crowds). The deserts have their own kind of beauty even. And depending where you go you can do many of those different biomes in one trip or in some places several in one day. Surfing waves the beach in the morning and skiing before the sun sets on the mountains is totally possible in California for example---with a car.

People rightly give the US crap about the many, many failings it has. But saying you never want to visit even to see the sights seems foolish to me. Now if to want to say you can't afford to visit that's natural and normal, but also a far cry from saying it isn't worth going. Money is barrier to everything for everyone, but don't let it ruin your dreams and aspirations.

In general I think people should visit other countries more often. Expand your horizons and see how other places are. If anyone wants to claim their place is best but they haven't been to many other places I'm immediately distrustful. I'd visit any country that anyone here is from in a heartbeat, if I could get the money and time off work lol. (There's a joke here about Americans not having any time to do anything because of late stage capitalism but I'm tired so consider this parenthetical good enough)
Yeah, the US has great natural landscapes, and I think even the large city scapes are great to experience at least once, as you don't have much quite like it here in Europe. I'd just never want to actually work or live there, but going as a tourist is great ( if you can afford to)

Reactions: QFNS

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

Phil Spencer echoing what Valve has said about PC gaming growth in Japan.

Super short exclusivity period. 4 months, and 1 month since the final episode was released.
I'm surprised it escaped the marketing black hole so quickly. AFAIK it was a massive flop on every platform and had a 40% discount about two months after release.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
I hope folks aren't sleeping on Talos Principle II. That game is absolutely one of the year's best!
I'll probably play it and other modern games in 1 year and half or so, whenever the RTX 5070/whatever AMD equivalent arrive, whichever ends up having the best performance per watt.
I want to play games confortably at 1440p, but my 3060 Ti just doesn't cut it, and the current gen of gpus is a big pass for me, so until the next gen it's only older games or less demanding games for me.
I have tons of great games in my backlog anyway. ^^

• This!
Reactions: Arc and C-Dub

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Hopefully the galaxy brains running Telltale have learned their lesson to not go EGS exclusive.

I feel like PC players are more inclined to “take a risk” on narrative adventure games. The hype for these kind of trickles down to consoles, so making your PC version unsellable seems like it has a larger impact on the console versions than some other kinds of exclusive.

The strong PC focus also probably made them attractive to Epic in the first place.

But I think the issues plaguing that game go beyond EGS. 2023 is just one of those years

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Hardly, but too busy to get to it before I am done with Alan Wake 2, and I still need to finish Act 3 in BG3 as well.
speaking of BG3:

Reactions: QFNS and Mivey

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Weren’t most (or a good chunk) of Telltale devs laid off recently ?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
speaking of BG3:

Why not post the VG247 article link?

This is as annoying as when someone posts their on Twitter/Threads post in a forum thread. Like, why?

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I don't mind Mastodon links, but having Embeds would be very convenient.
I don't have a problem with Twitter/Mastodon/Threads as long as the content is "only" in that embed, but if the Twitter/Mastodon/Threads post is just a post referring to article on another site, that's annoying because it's an extra click that wasn't needed.

• This!
Reactions: Parsnip

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I don't have a problem with Twitter/Mastodon/Threads as long as the content is "only" in that embed, but if the Twitter/Mastodon/Threads post is just a post referring to article on another site, that's annoying because it's an extra click that wasn't needed.
But it's not an extra click if it's an embed. You asked for the direct link, so you'd still have to click that too, or am I missing something

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
But it's not an extra click if it's an embed. You asked for the direct link, so you'd still have to click that too, or am I missing something
I clicked Lashmans Mastodon embed/link which opened up Mastodon in a new tab and the Mastodon post was just a link to a VG247 article.

So he could just have posted the VG247 article link here, that was my point.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I clicked Lashmans Mastodon embed/link which opened up Mastodon in a new tab and the Mastodon post was just a link to a VG247 article.

So he could just have posted the VG247 article link here, that was my point.
No, no, I mean proper Embeds that show the complete contents of the post before you have to click. Like how Xeets can be embedded here

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I just started the MW2 campaign (only took me a year to find time lol) and it's really dissapointing reading about the MW3 campaign impressions.

I've always enjoyed the CoD campaign as I view them as cozy-short-popcorn-spectacle campaigns.

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com

I've been to America a couple of times on vacation (its a ten plus hour flight from Manila to LA, so not too often). I agree that there are a lot of great sights to see, but I have two major sticking points that push me away from coming back:

1) Everything is so spaced out due to the large land mass, so you spend an crazy amount of time in transit compared to other countries you could potentially visit.

2) The peace and order situation at present seems appalling. Not even talking about the random mass shootings that seem to crop up every other month, but stuff like that old lady in NYC getting punched in the face by a crazed rando because theyre Asian. And that's without Trump in office stirring shit up.

Considering that a trip to the US sucks up a huge amount of vacation leave for folks in Asia (most people take three weeks or so, to maximize the long flight), theres just not a lot of incentive to visit nowadays sadly.

Reactions: QFNS

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
According to Era moderators People Make Games is now random YouTuber XD
Don’t want to do Era drama here too much, but that flippant, dismissive locking comment is… ill-judged, shall we say.

PMG are super-respected journalists, and they’re telling the story of the people who make games, as they always do. These people just happen to be Palestinian.

I’m sure the reaction to Ukrainian developers on a PMG video would be just as flippant and dismissive. /s

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.