Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruvon

Chaotic writer
May 15, 2019
France
cabinetdechaologie.wordpress.com
They have a parent company, maybe they sold them off or something.

I do wish that Kotaku was more of an unbiased publication and just gave us facts.

I think Jason was one of the few people (there and in general) that did investigative journalism (remember when that was a thing? I am sure that it still is to some degree in some parts of the world but it just doesn't feel that way. Way too often it feels like everyone just the gun and publishes the first thing that happens before getting any confirmation and things like that.)

A few years ago I use to like Kotaku and was sort of even happy when they mentioned me once as part of an article about the PS Vita and a firmware update that was sort of killing the system.

Maybe it's getting restructured or something like that since it's not bringing in enough money (maybe they have been pushing people away)

Does this mean RIP "Steamed"?

I know that we all have different point of views and all of that, but I don't normally "go after people" and this is me just saying that I have an issue with Kotaku as a publication and some of the articles that come out of it.
:LOL:

No, I was not asking about Kotaku in general :p

I meant why everyone talking about the end of Kotaku and writers may be leaving / being fired ? Is this about the invasive ad article put down yesterday ?

It's totally unclear and there's contradictory stories on twitter so I'm confused here.

Jason said he will continue his podcast, one way or another, even if not as part of Kotaku. Wouldn't be surprised if some writers start their own website in a few.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Iceberg Interactive has some new stuff to show. Nothing too interesting for me sadly. The pirate game looked nice, I thought a Sid Meier's Pirates! from a close up perspective, maybe less arcadey and deeper gameplay, which would be pretty cool, but then it threw up the words Battle Royale. Bleh.
Edit: it's basically all in this video.

30:35 - Railroad Corporation (PC)
32:52 - Still There (PC & Nintendo Switch)
34:26 - Pax Nova (PC)
34:58 - Transient (PC, PlayStation 4 & Xbox One)
35:33 - Lunacy: Saint Rhodes (PC)
36:01 - Shortest Trip to Earth (PC)
38:10 - Headsnatchers (PC & Nintendo Switch)
39:54 - Gas Guzzlers Extreme (PlayStation 4)
42:55 - The Sojourn (PC, PlayStation 4 & Xbox One)
44:24 - Antigraviator (PlayStation 4)
45:56 - Circle Empires Rivals (PC)
47:49 - Blazing Sails (PC)

Edit: Lunacy is promising as an adventure game and maybe the Pax Nova 4x for some of you folks. Check everything out.

Last edited:
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Everyone should read this interview, it's a tremendous vindication for everything we've been fighting for. Seeing an EA executive talk about openness and customer choice is surreal yet here we are.
yeah, but it's all fluff .... we all know they are only doing it because of money ... they don't give a single fuck about openness or customer choice beyond "give me money and fuck off"

still - good to have them back :p

Nice, that article specifically mentions Unravel 2 on Steam "in the coming months".
from what i understand from all those interviews etc. they'll be putting their older singleplayer games on steam one by one every so often ... and then the big multiplayer stuff (that actually requires them to do steam integration) will come next year

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

This is 2019 game setting.
You had one Job KT, One job!!!!!

Hell the day one pre-orders for this game very likely could have covered the coat to have gotten some one else to do a proper port? I'm basing this off the fact that the game was in the top 25 globally a number of times prior to it's release.

From what I heard the game doesn't even support 1440p!!!!!

I think a lot of KT games are 1080p at Max

Oh tighs!!!!!!! RIP thighs!!!!

And I can now see why there is no mouse support

I meant why everyone talking about the end of Kotaku and writers may be leaving / being fired ? Is this about the invasive ad article put down yesterday ?

It's totally unclear and there's contradictory stories on twitter so I'm confused here.

Jason said he will continue his podcast, one way or another, even if not as part of Kotaku. Wouldn't be surprised if some writers start their own website in a few.
I wonder how that will work out for them

And it sucks how you will not be able to play the new Jedi game on the Origin Premium service. Well I guess I'm going to pre-order it on Steam then and if there are issues and people don't like it I will refund it.

But hey guess what we will now see EA games with negative reviews (when FIFA shows and Madden Show up?)
I wonder will DD be moving from Steam? In general their games sell really well on there. They are joking about it now and how they have returned to Steam but will it stay that way?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

The Steam Client Beta has been updated with the following changes:

Library
  • Demos are now automatically removed from your game library when uninstalled
  • Delete and manage screenshot options have been added to the context menu shown when right clicking on them on an app page
  • Fixed library not redrawing when switching between Steam panels with GPU accelerated views disabled

macOS
  • Fixed crash when command-clicking the Steam window’s maximize button

Linux
  • Fixed accepting a Remote Play Together invitation

Steamworks SDK
  • Improved parsing of localized “steam_display” strings in SteamFriends()->GetFriendRichPresence()

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion

Yes, and some other things. According to a leaked memo, their sister site Deadspin was also told to stop talking about politics in relation to sports. Which if you read Deadspin, is kind of one of their main schticks. That resulted in one of their people being canned today as well:

So the whole of G/O Media (the owners) is kind of in turmoil right now. I can't say I'm too bothered since I wish the remnants of Gawker would have died after that lawsuit instead of continue on, but it's a bummer for people like Jason and Cecilia who do decent work.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Yeah, Devolver's shtick stopped being cute once they showed their ass and sold out to Epic. I'm not gonna boycot them or anything because business is business and I get that, but they don't get brownie points for being the underdog anymore lol.
pretty much this, yeah

Reactions: Ge0force

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
yeah, but it's all fluff .... we all know they are only doing it because of money ... they don't give a single fuck about openness or customer choice beyond "give me money and fuck off"
Of course, that's what all companies do. Nevertheless, the way they go about making money is what's really important. A company like EA deciding that the best way to make money is by being open and supporting customer choice is a very big deal. It is a massive win for customers.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Of course, that's what all companies do. Nevertheless, the way they go about making money is what's really important. A company like EA deciding that the best way to make money is by being open and supporting customer choice is a very big deal. It is a massive win for customers.
fair enough

Reactions: Alexandros

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
You had one Job KT, One job!!!!!

Hell the day one pre-orders for this game very likely could have covered the coat to have gotten some one else to do a proper port? I'm basing this off the fact that the game was in the top 25 globally a number of times prior to it's release.

From what I heard the game doesn't even support 1440p!!!!!

I think a lot of KT games are 1080p at Max

Oh tighs!!!!!!! RIP thighs!!!!

And I can now see why there is no mouse support

I wonder how that will work out for them

And it sucks how you will not be able to play the new Jedi game on the Origin Premium service. Well I guess I'm going to pre-order it on Steam then and if there are issues and people don't like it I will refund it.

But hey guess what we will now see EA games with negative reviews (when FIFA shows and Madden Show up?)
I wonder will DD be moving from Steam? In general their games sell really well on there. They are joking about it now and how they have returned to Steam but will it stay that way?
I'm thinking about refunding the game and purchase Destiny 2 with the credit.

Or more anime shit.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
The hero Koei Tecmo PC fans need:
Durantes logo is strange, I understand the origin of the name but why is one f the circles not like the others

I would wait a few days and see if KT says anything.

Also the WWE game seems to be one of the few games that Sony has let people get a refund on.

KainXVIII

DOS forever!
Dec 19, 2018

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Y'all do know koei tecmo are working on a persona musou right?
Yes, it's actually more than just a musou but I don't think we will get that one, still looks amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.