Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
And I also finished Jenny LeClue. Definitely my least favorite of the three games I bought on September 19 (the other two were Mutazione, which is just amazing, and Little Misfortune, which is very good) but still a pretty good title. The port (I assume from the mobile version) was pretty awful though, very unintuive keyboard controls and you cannot use the mouse even if the game has an actual pointer in many occasions. A lot of technical hiccups too, I was forced to restart the game in several occasions because the main character was completely stuck.
damn, that sounds rough :(

Reactions: PossiblyPudding

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
Any tips for someone starting a Dragon Quest game for the first time and specifically Dragon Quest XI?
Absolutely do not start with stronger enemies. It's not worth it. I gave it a fair shake and while I admit that it can make the regular battles more engaging sometimes, it can make them frustrating at many other times and, worse of all, it can make bosses straight up rng infested trial and error bullshit. I restarted it without stronger enemies and it greatly enhanced my experience with it.

Also don't worry about doing certain side quests early in the game if you find out you can't reliably do them. They get way more doable after you progress further into the game. And try to talk to as many npcs whenever you can after any big story events, you'll be surprised at how much unique dialog is there!

And last but not least, have fun and enjoy one of the greatest JRPGs of all time! I clocked in 240 hours with the game on Steam and obtained all the achievements, and I'm still tempted to get it for the Switch too! It seriously is that good!

Deleted member 113

And I also finished Jenny LeClue. Definitely my least favorite of the three games I bought on September 19 (the other two were Mutazione, which is just amazing, and Little Misfortune, which is very good) but still a pretty good title. The port (I assume from the mobile version) was pretty awful though, very unintuive keyboard controls and you cannot use the mouse even if the game has an actual pointer in many occasions. A lot of technical hiccups too, I was forced to restart the game in several occasions because the main character was completely stuck.
I was looking forward to it, it sucks that it doesn't live up to the built up "hype". :(

Since you are clearly in a "point & click" mood, do give The Darkside Detective a try.
The game is split between cases, and these are short, simple, but fun (and funny). A good "palate cleanser" from more complicated games. :)

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
The information displayed on the Humble Monthly page is weird.

You save $1, not $3 with the 3-month plan. $35 = $12 * 3 - $1
You save $5, not $6 with the 6-month plan. $67 = $12 * 6 - $5

Reactions: lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I really wanna play Destiny 2, but I need to finish Links Awakening and Cadence of Hyrule. None of them should be very so I guess Im lucky there.

Already played the base storyline and Osiris through Battle.net version, so I have Warmind, Forsaken and Shadowkeep left.

Destiny 2 has such good gunplay.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
Didn't pay attention to the new Steam layout and the dropdown menu. Looking at the library tag and reading "Start collection" at first glance, I was like... wait, what? Am I logged out? No! Where are my games?...
Oh, it is Start and CollectionS...........

Really, the menu point "Start" is mislabeled in the context.

Reactions: MJunioR

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I've only had a single crash so far out of my 20+ hours playthrough.

It was in the first 5 minutes of the game, when I tried to destroy a group of crates in the tutorial area.
I've only had a single crash so far out of my 20+ hours playthrough.

It was in the first 5 minutes of the game, when I tried to destroy a group of crates in the tutorial area.
I think I've had it crash about 6 times in about 13 hours of playing the game

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Now that i'm done with Code Vein, i don't know what to play next. Still thinking about playing AI: The Somnium Files, but not at that price point.... also it's only available on Steam, so there's no cheaper option available sadly.

Oh i guess i also finished the monthly challenge too, yay!

Hey I'm at the castle place is that about the half way point in the game?

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
If you're an FFXIV player, don't forget that in 5.1 (the next patch incoming sometimes this month), the Garo collaboration is going away forever. Last chance to get some nifty armor and mounts if you can farm them hard enough right now!

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Oh i guess i also finished the monthly challenge too, yay!
added ... and congrats! :)

I'm still hoping they can get it out this year. :(

But hey, I'll gladly wait if the result is a solid port!
it's just funny that initially they said they'd get all of them out by the end of the year ... and now we'll be lucky if we even get the first one this year :p lol

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
it's just funny that initially they said they'd get all of them out by the end of the year ... and now we'll be lucky if we even get the first one this year :p lol
Lol did they really? Fuck, that was months ago. I remember I was still playing DMC5 when the news dropped. I haven't really been keeping up with their updates. Do we know why it's been taking so much longer than initially expected?

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Lol did they really? Fuck, that was months ago. I remember I was still playing DMC5 when the news dropped. I haven't really been keeping up with their updates. Do we know why it's been taking so much longer than initially expected?
they sure did ;)

Reactions: toxicitizen

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
Is there any way to sort 32 bit and 64 bit games in your Steam library?

I'm curious to see how many games would be borked for my MacBook when the new OS comes out and kills 32 bit, but I'm not sure if there's an easy way to figure it out.

Wibblewozzer

Robot on the inside
Dec 6, 2018
Started Crash 1, almost forgot how bullshit this game can get
And it only gets worse the further in you get. Crash 1 is not a good game. It is a bad game.

The sequels are much improved and some decent fun. They largely eliminate a lot of the frustration that the first game has but there's still spots with jumps that don't feel great because the depth doesn't give you a good sense of where you're landing.

Reactions: MJunioR

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
And it only gets worse the further in you get. Crash 1 is not a good game. It is a bad game.

The sequels are much improved and some decent fun. They largely eliminate a lot of the frustration that the first game has but there's still spots with jumps that don't feel great because the depth doesn't give you a good sense of where you're landing.
I finished it on PS4, but here I am torturing myself again.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Thanks for the tips for DQXI everyone! Just started it and the first thing I noticed just how different it feels from FF, yeah I know it should be obvious haha but I in my ignorance always thought they looked the same(in general sense, not artstyle) so I always felt I didn't miss much by sticking to just FF.

Even though I go to Ikea quite often, I haven't tried chokladbollar since I never noticed it so I can't really judge. It looks good though so I need to correct that soon!

But that cake though. I mean, you know a cake is good when it's called

You have a fair point!:D I actually haven't tried the cake, that I can remember. It's based on the famous Swedish candy which I hated as a child, because it's so hard to eat.XD

I clocked in 240 hours with the game on Steam and obtained all the achievements, and I'm still tempted to get it for the Switch too! It seriously is that good!
That's something I miss from the Switch version, achievements!

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Heh. So Spyro has at least one major glitch related to the framerate counter. I had to drop it to 30fps in order to get an enemy to trigger a door in Alpine Ridge (I think). Btw, 30fps is terrible. Never again.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I’m a consume in original release order kind of guy. Fuck Reach and fuck me :cryingwhyblob:
They are going to release them chronologically so, if you want to follow them in the same order the story goes you should totally play Reach first.

Reactions: Arsene

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Thanks for the tips for DQXI everyone! Just started it and the first thing I noticed just how different it feels from FF, yeah I know it should be obvious haha but I in my ignorance always thought they looked the same(in general sense, not artstyle) so I always felt I didn't miss much by sticking to just FF.
Welcome to the light

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
They are going to release them chronologically so, if you want to follow them in the same order the story goes you should totally play Reach first.
Yeah I know, hence my post. Original release is the only order that makes sense to me :poutblob:

Reactions: MJunioR and Mor

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Played a little bit of Spyro and the game feels/looks really good. Not getting that much of a nostalgia trip tho despite playing a lot back in the day. The game feels kind of overdone. Hard to pin down exactly what it is. Almost too much of a remake. I guess it makes sense tho if you are gonna do something like this you have to go all out.

Still a fun title that is seems perfect to just mess around with for like 30-45 minutes at a time. Still can't believe Activision allowed that monthly bundle. What a deal.

Also...yikes @ the Breakpoint reviews. Did they just fall asleep while making the game? That Sterling video and Giantbomb quicklook makes it feel like Ubisoft themselves are burnt out on making this stuff. As a company they should probably take a break for a year or something. It helped them with AssCreed it should help them with the rest of their games.

This is also the first AAA Epic moneyhat that looks like a critical flop right? 58 on opencritic is kind of embarrassing. The Lil Wayne tv commercials for it are lame too.

Reactions: InquisitorAles

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Heh. So Spyro has at least one major glitch related to the framerate counter. I had to drop it to 30fps in order to get an enemy to trigger a door in Alpine Ridge (I think). Btw, 30fps is terrible. Never again.
Iirc
just set fps to uncapped and this glitch is resolved.
Crash 1 imo needs to have more 'safety net' with its jumps etc.
Like yake a frustrating stage and make it so its platforms have more room for a jump to land properly and update from there.

Reactions: Nabs
Status
Not open for further replies.