Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So Im considering upgrading next year to a RTX 2080ti (seeing bechmarks, the SUPER version is sometimes worse). I have currently an 5820k OC'd to 4 GHz. Do I need to upgrade to a better CPU?

Or maybe I should just wait for the rtx 3000-series. Not sure.

Currently on a 1080p/60fps monitor.

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Can someone go back in time and beat the living crap out of the person at the moment when it was decided that the headphone jack should be removed from phones! After a life time of never having problems with the headphone jack, now after only 6 months of having my new phone I'm already on my second malfunctioning dongle.
Get a Samsung Galaxy

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Time to go hunting ! (yeah, I finally restarted Monster Hunter World on PC)
Can't say I'm not a little bored, but the core is that good that I think I will be able to catch up with my PS4 self.

Those musics !
And what a pleasure to meet my friend the Pukei-Pukei again :longswordblob:

Reactions: Echoes

vitormg

Jan 7, 2019
Spyro is a lot of fun. I've 100%ed the first 2 worlds so far.
The levels really are the perfect size.
I've 100% the original game multiple times. Now lets do it again on the remake. This game is amongst my GOAT list. Very high up there. :hugging-face:

Reactions: Ascheroth

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Something I didn't think of much at first with the Steam update, but now really like is how easy it is to see both achievements for games on the games page but also seeing how many has also completed the achievement. As I'm playing RE7 I can see where people stopped playing it, I'm soon further than half of those who played the game!:D

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
When viewing my game screenshots on Steam client, why is that sometimes it'll show the already uploaded ones and sometimes it won't?

It's one of the most frustrating issue with the client for me, and they never fixed it.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
So Im considering upgrading next year to a RTX 2080ti (seeing bechmarks, the SUPER version is sometimes worse). I have currently an 5820k OC'd to 4 GHz. Do I need to upgrade to a better CPU?

Or maybe I should just wait for the rtx 3000-series. Not sure.

Currently on a 1080p/60fps monitor.
If you plan on holding on to the card for several years I would recommend that you wait until we learn the specs of next gen consoles. Once we know the baseline, upgrading will be much safer in terms of longevity.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Of course every game is different, but in general, for 60 FPS, you don't need to upgrade your CPU. If you were to change your monitor it would be a different matter.
(Also, this might change with new consoles)

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Anybody else getting this bug?

It goes away when I click them but whenever I switch to something else like Firefox or whatever it comes back

Deleted member 113

KENSHI for 17,99 Euro.

Is it worth 17,99 Euro?
I asked the same a few pages back and got no responses...
KENSHI is a game that really isn't for everyone.
It has a lot of content, a lot of possibilities, and in many ways it's a rather impressive indie effort, but it requires some time investment, is a bit buggy, and it's not always very easy to play.

I bought the game 8 years ago for $10, I don't regret it, but at the same time I doubt I will be able to finish it.
I see people playing hundreds of hours of the game, and still not seeing everything, or learning everything about it.

Myself, I played a decent number of hours of various versions throughout its development. Recently, I realized I hadn't played it since the "final" Steam version launched, and when I went to do so, I experienced some bugs right away (the dedicated fullscreen option is a mess).

Because of this, I hesitate to recommend it blindly to anyone, but at the same time, if you enjoy some "old school" complexity, and are willing to spend a few hundred hours in a single game, you could find much to like about it.

sk2k

Steam New Releases Warrior
Dec 8, 2018
Somewhere else
KENSHI is a game that really isn't for everyone.
It has a lot of content, a lot of possibilities, and in many ways it's a rather impressive indie effort, but it requires some time investment, is a bit buggy, and it's not always very easy to play.

I bought the game 8 years ago for $10, I don't regret it, but at the same time I doubt I will be able to finish it.
I see people playing hundreds of hours of the game, and still not seeing everything, or learning everything about it.

Myself, I played a decent number of hours of various versions throughout its development. Recently, I realized I hadn't played it since the "final" Steam version launched, and when I went to do so, I experienced some bugs right away (the dedicated fullscreen option is a mess).

Because of this, I hesitate to recommend it blindly to anyone, but at the same time, if you enjoy some "old school" complexity, and are willing to spend a few hundred hours in a single game, you could find much to like about it.
This sounds like my game. :D

Deleted member 113

This sounds like my game. :D
I hope you enjoy it. :)

It's a game that can surprise you at every corner.
In truth, it's an RPG mixed with a strategy game, with plenty of complexity, and that you frequently end up achieving your objectives through unexpected means.

I do recommend that you don't use that "true" fullscreen mode, it's a mess (use the borderless fullscreen mode instead).

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Heh. So Spyro has at least one major glitch related to the framerate counter. I had to drop it to 30fps in order to get an enemy to trigger a door in Alpine Ridge (I think). Btw, 30fps is terrible. Never again.
I just ran into this bug as well. Lost a few lives bumping my head against this door before I recalled reading that FPS bug.
Hopefully this was the last big glitch.

Reactions: Nabs

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I finished Crash 1... on the regular I mean.
I won't go for completion, because the game is fucking hard.
And mostly because there are some reeeal dubious jumps to do... I know about the fucked up enemy collisions, but that was pretty much fine.
Some of the tricky jumps though... it really feels like it's half broken, Crash's hitbox is mega weird and it does not always feel good... not great for a platformer.

Also, bugs are still a thing huh? Neo Cortex just stayed right on me at first, and I could not avoid his attacks... then after respawning, he just used his green projectile and I didn't even have to move to defeat him.
Hmm.

It's a nice little game, but it hasn't aged nearly as well as Spyro... it's just extremely bare bones and the remake itself is unpolished.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Yeah I finally understand what people were saying about Destiny 2 being overwhelming. It just vomits content at you the moment you finish the tutorial, I can't get into this shit lmao

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
Yeah I finally understand what people were saying about Destiny 2 being overwhelming. It just vomits content at you the moment you finish the tutorial, I can't get into this shit lmao
I tried it when it was free with PS+ and it was the first time a GaaS game overwhelmed me with its grind stuff. I just can't be bothered right now lol.

Reactions: MJunioR
Status
Not open for further replies.