Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
From outside the guild looking in, it's super easy to read the guild as being the offensive one. I don't doubt some of the reports were from LGBT people, considering how often basically all the words involved are used as slurs.
The guild is well known and heavily advertised as a LGBT friendly guild in the server. Pretty sure you cant report guilds without seeing the description anyway.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I love how they add on to their DLC for free

The Island of Corsica in Euro Truck Simulator 2 features 6 cities (Ajaccio, Calvi, Ile Rousse, Bastia, Porto Vecchio and Bonifacio), a number of landmarks, sleepy villages and an atmosphere similar to regions surrounding. And as with other islands, the biggest road you'll find here is a motorway. So if you like meander climbs on rural roads surrounded by vineyards leading to spectacular coastal viewpoints, Corsica is the place for you!

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Yup. I think there's something wrong with it. I'll just quote myself from the Spyro thread:
Yeah it was annoying and counter intuitive. Outrunning the projectiles feels like it should work, because most of the time it does until it doesn't when you get randomly hit by the aimbot without anything you can do. Extremely frustrating.
It took me way too long to realize that I should maybe try to slowly avoid them and then it was fine. Still, ugh.

That said, Spyro 2 100% completed. Lots of neat gimmicks and stuff and cutscenes and presentation and everything. Fun.
Still, I probably prefer Spyro 1 overall, just for how straightforward it is.

Not sure if I should jump right into 3 or play something else for a bit for some change.

Deleted member 113

Nabs Their continuous support of their products is awesome.
That's why I don't hesitate to buy their DLCs on day one, even if I'm not going to play them right away.
I know I'll get my money's worth, and I know these guys are "worthy" of my money.

It's great when a developer continues to support their products with new content for so long.
Screw keep changing graphics engines and merely caring about visual quality, I'll happily buy ETS 2 DLCs in 10 years, if they are still making them. :)

And, I can't wait for the Iberian Peninsula DLC, which has been frequently requested, and recent hints point to it finally coming next year.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018

live now
Masquerada is really good. Highly recommend if you want a really good story and world with some gameplay inbetween :p.

My Steam Review:
If you're looking for a game with a great story, characters, world and lore, then look no further because you've found one.
The writing is sharp, the voice acting excellent (and nearly everything ecept the codex entries is voiced!) and all of that is presented with a charming and colorful artstyle.

The game does not shy away from presenting you its fantastic world and its history with numerous codex entries you get during story progression and find as collectibles in the various locations.
This is a bit of a downside at times, because while interesting some of them are also really long and mess with the pacing a bit. In general this is not a game if you're not a fan of reading, because there's a lot to read.
It's also very linear, but I don't consider that a fault.

Unfortunately the gameplay can not quite measure up to the excellent rest of the game, but it's not bad, just alright. It is fun though, especially if you play around with your skill choices (respeccing is unlimited and free) and find something that works for you. (I had a lot of fun teleporting myself and others around the battlefield while unleashing destruction with the Air element).

The main draw of the game is definitely the story, world and presentation, and for that it is absolutely worth it.

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
Yeah it was annoying and counter intuitive. Outrunning the projectiles feels like it should work, because most of the time it does until it doesn't when you get randomly hit by the aimbot without anything you can do. Extremely frustrating.
It took me way too long to realize that I should maybe try to slowly avoid them and then it was fine. Still, ugh.

That said, Spyro 2 100% completed. Lots of neat gimmicks and stuff and cutscenes and presentation and everything. Fun.
Still, I probably prefer Spyro 1 overall, just for how straightforward it is.

Not sure if I should jump right into 3 or play something else for a bit for some change.
Spyro 3's formula is closer to the second opus, Even though they do introduce a lot of different gameplay mechanics, it kind of feels like more of the same (which isn't a bad thing...).

One difference I noticed for the first time is that they got rid of the oddly cruel/nasty cutscenes featured in Spyro 2.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
With this release, all the Romancing Saga games are released on Steam. What's next? Saga Frontier games?

Wait, SaGa: Scarlet Grace isn't remake of the first game right?
No, you're thinking of Ministrel Song and I WOULD LIKE THAT VERY MUCH

Deleted member 113

There has been so many cool looking games releasing lately, it's hard to keep track, and some are bound to completely pass me by.

Case in point, I just noticed the following game, which launched earlier this week on Early Access:

It's cheap (it costs a couple of €), it's by a developer with some enjoyable games already released, and features some nice pixel graphics, and chiptune soundtrack.
I played a bit, and the game is far better than its price-tag may imply. It's a randomly generated roguelite platformer, that takes some cues from games like Super Meat Boy, in the sense that you can hang on walls and jump from them. It has a few different modes, and a polished look and feel to it, again, better than what I expected for a couple of €.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
There has been so many cool looking games releasing lately, it's hard to keep track, and some are bound to completely pass me by.

Case in point, I just noticed the following game, which launched earlier this week on Early Access:

It's cheap (it costs a couple of €), it's by a developer with some enjoyable games already released, and features some nice pixel graphics, and chiptune soundtrack.
I played a bit, and the game is far better than its price-tag may imply. It's a randomly generated roguelite platformer, that takes some cues from games like Super Meat Boy, in the sense that you can hang on walls and jump from them. It has a few different modes, and a polished look and feel to it, again, better than what I expected for a couple of €.
One of the screenshots you posted low-key jumpscared me, I then proceeded to buy the game :relieved-face:

Deleted member 113

One of the screenshots you posted low-key jumpscared me, I then proceeded to buy the game :relieved-face:
Glad you liked it!
You'll probably be seeing a lot of it, since it's part of the animation that plays when you die... :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Reactions: Arsene

InquisitorAles

I know nothing
Oct 19, 2018
www.youtube.com
I had Mount & Blade installed for a few months, that recent sale motivated me to finally give it a try.

In short, it has some impressive moments, but if you just like me never played Mount & Blade series before, and thinking right now about which one of those games you should get on the sale, then pick up Warband instead. Because from what I've seen, Warband is basically Enhanced Edition of the original game and there is not much point in playing vanilla version. But what it did is sure got me hyped about Bannerlord, this concept on the better engine should be glorious!

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
The free version of Yume Nikki on steam is in the humble bundle? Seems weird being that free games aren't removed from your library anymore.

Reactions: Arsene
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
for lazy people:

The Steam Client Beta has been updated with the following changes:

Library
  • Recent Games and Recent Friend Activity are now shelves.
  • Shelves can now be reorganized by drag and drop. Click and hold on the center of a shelf header to start reorganizing.
  • A ‘disable community content’ option has been added. Low bandwidth mode will still enable this option, but it can also be set separately.
  • Games that no longer run on MacOS 10.15 Catalina will show an incompatibility warning.
  • Added new UI for uninstalling a game or application
  • Fixed roaming of favorites and hidden collections between machines. Note: changes outside of beta will not affect the beta library.
  • Redesigned library with better support for smaller windows and restored, slimmer Home and Collections buttons
  • Fixed forward and back buttons on downloads page sometimes navigating twice instead of once
  • Reduced client hitching for users with large libraries when adding or removing games
  • Fixed cases where the ‘install’ button failed to offer installation on remote computers

Windows Only
  • Enabled drag and drop of games to browsers, for navigating to the game’s page on the Steam Store.

Remote Play
  • Remote Play Anywhere now runs over the Steam Datagram Relay network, which ensures that the best route over the Valve backbone is always used. Also, connections are rerouted dynamically to avoid maintenance disrupting the connection.

Steam Input
  • Added support for Power-A Fusion Xbox/Playstation 4/Switch Pro fight pads.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Not bad. I hope we can choose what to do with "What's New" next. I like it on startup, but I don't need it always at the top of my screen. It would also be nice to be able to get rid of the left game list, unless I call for it.

Not a fan of the redundant home button, as derExperte said. At least I'm sure it makes some people happy.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Is there still no way to sort the news shelf at the top (with updates, posts, etc.) by age rather than whatever algorithm they are using? That's like the #1 change I want

Reactions: derExperte

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I think I'd be happy with something like this. Have it so you can click on "What's New" and have it scroll up to the top.

Reactions: Samson and lashman

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I think I'd be happy with something like this. Have it so you can click on "What's New" and have it scroll up to the top.

Maybe an option (like the community feature?) Were you can have it there by default or to have the scroll up option?

As some one else mentioned the way it's organized is sort of weird. I see new stuff but it does not always look like it's being sorted by date.

When is the calendar coming out again?

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
By the way with the introduction of the updated "news" system have devs seen an increase of community engagement?

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Pine had a pretty successful launch all things considered. It peaked with ~800 players yesterday and today they peaked at ~1.1K (which by the way only stays behind MISTOVER and We Were Here Together) peak player count, the game also received a couple negative reviews today, changing it the overall rating to mostly positive a couple hours ago

For games that barely had any media attention before, I'd say that Pine and WWH Together did well, while GRID hopefully is seeing better numbers at consoles because the Steam stats so far aren't very good for a game from Codemasters at all. F1 2019 had a launch peak of ~6.9K, GRID launched yesterday with ~800 players and while today they had a higher peak, still way lower than this year F1 and GRID Autosport (23 Jun, 2014 ~3.5K players).

Steam charts might not be 101% precise but I think that in these cases it does give a good idea of how these games are doing.

Last edited:

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Recent Games and Recent Friend Activity are now shelves.
Huh, I never had the "Recent Friend Activity" on my main library window and now when I try to create one I end up with a invisible shelf that I can't delete.

Well... I would have probably hide it anyway and it is a beta :p

Also, there is dangerous amount of recent releases with -10% discounts tempting me on my wishlist (with my default filter of only show games on sale). I really need more money...

Álvaro de Campos

O nada que é tudo.
Mar 12, 2019
lashman

I can't believe Valve is promoting that Goose game that bypassed Steam until next year, instead of giving that space to another game and developer. :cautious:
I honestly find Valve's neutrality to be very refreshing, especially in these current times. It's not like it's purchasable to it's not actually competing for anyone's money.
Can't say the same about their stance on 2D Japanese games though.

Deleted member 113

I honestly find Valve's neutrality to be very refreshing, especially in these current times. It's not like it's purchasable to it's not actually competing for anyone's money.
The only problem I have with it is that usually this kind of visibility does wonders for the featured games, and I would rather have a game that I can buy on Steam (ideally one who is struggling to get noticed), so they can sell a few more copies.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
The only problem I have with it is that usually this kind of visibility does wonders for the featured games, and I would rather have a game that I can buy on Steam (ideally one who is struggling to get noticed), so they can sell a few more copies.
to be fair - i think this particular page is for games that are on the show floor right now ... and that's pretty much all of them (that have a store page)

Status
Not open for further replies.