Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
next week bundle
Well then I hope my paypal has enough for whatever level Catherine is in.

Valve and goose game
I really feel that game needs all the help it can get unless it's deeper than all its pr has led me to believe. That said, it looks bad on Valve if they drop just that game but have every other game at the show.

Reactions: lashman

Ruvon

Chaotic writer
May 15, 2019
France
cabinetdechaologie.wordpress.com
to be fair - i think this particular page is for games that are on the show floor right now ... and that's pretty much all of them (that have a store page)
Yeah, don't think it's Valve's choice to highlight this or that game in this kind of showcase.

As it is not Valve that sets discounts on games but publishers; That doesn't stop stupid people pestering or praising Valve for good or bad sales... Even saw this as a point in this whole "EGS war" = Steam sales are not what they used to be, boo Valve.

It's EGS putting discounts without asking publishers before doing it, not Valve btw... But hey, guess it's too difficult to be coherent when you're just out there to spit on Valve.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Code Vein endures

Pine had a pretty successful launch all things considered. It peaked with ~800 players yesterday and today they peaked at ~1.1K (which by the way only stays behind MISTOVER and We Were Here Together) peak player count, the game also received a couple negative reviews today, changing it the overall rating to mostly positive a couple hours ago

For games that barely had any media attention before, I'd say that Pine and WWH Together did well, while GRID hopefully is seeing better numbers at consoles because the Steam stats so far aren't very good for a game from Codemasters at all. F1 2019 had a launch peak of ~6.9K, GRID launched yesterday with ~800 players and while today they had a higher peak, still way lower than this year F1 and GRID Autosport (23 Jun, 2014 ~3.5K players).

Steam charts might not be 101% precise but I think that in these cases it does give a good idea of how these games are doing.
Interesting. Good to hear that Pine is doing well, I'll definitely pick it up down the line. I really have no time and money right now.

That said, seems like Doraemon is doing fine too, almost 1k peak today. Hopefully it'll improve this weekend.

Ruvon

Chaotic writer
May 15, 2019
France
cabinetdechaologie.wordpress.com
Aaaaaaaaand they have no shame :

Yes but no but maybe but hey, he did it so leave us alone. And don't look at that big China flag behind me.

The specific views expressed by blitzchung were NOT a factor in the decision we made. I want to be clear: our relationships in China had no influence on our decision.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
Aaaaaaaaand they have no shame :

Yes but no but maybe but hey, he did it so leave us alone. And don't look at that big China flag behind me.
Overwatch pros use homophobic slurs? 7 game suspensions and $1,000 fines.

Heartstone pro makes pro-HK comment? One year ban and revocation of all prize money ($10,000). Now "reduced" to 6 months.

Honestly at a purely theoretical level, I can understand why you might want to ban political speech in a sports league. It's cowardly and stupid and no respectable sports competition that I can think of actually does it other than the Olympics (but hey, they're not respectable!). But I can at least understand the idea, since it's obviously way easier to ban the entire subject rather than trying to moderate between what are acceptable politics. Like FIFA having to deal with the Argentina football team's Falklands banner back in 2014? Yeah, good luck navigating that kind of nightmare.

But even assuming you were to keep politics off-limits, a six-month ban for a first-time offender is absolute dogshit. Even the IOC, in all it's absolute dogshit stances on politics in sports pretty much only regulates players' "speech" in terms of what they do during an even or on the podium. Once they get to interviews and press conferences, it's pretty much open season.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
"We would've taken the same action if this was any other view." ~paraphrasing

LMAO, right. Yes, they would've banned and taken money away from a player had they shown a rainbow flag and shown support for LGBT+ rights. I would've loved to see how that went down. The fact that they think we are supposed to believe that (even when said gender issues are 100% politicized in America), is disgusting. If anything, they would've taken the easy PR points and probably shown support because it lines up with their current marketing efforts, and because simply put, diversity is becoming good business in many territories. (And yet, they still censor themselves in Russia as to not offend their anti-gay views, which says everything about their lack of spine).

In reality, both LGBT+ rights and a Free Hong Kong are human rights issues first, political tools second. And the only reason one is off limits is because it actually significantly impacts their bottom lines when you take into account China's role in one of them.

Fucking bullshit.

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion

LMAO, right. Yes, they would've fined and taken money away from a player had they shown a rainbow flag and shown support for LGBT+ rights. I would've loved to see how that went down. The fact that they think we are supposed to believe that (even when said gender issues are 100% politicized in America), is disgusting. If anything, they would've taken the easy PR points and probably shown support because it lines up with their current marketing efforts, and because simply put, diversity is becoming good business in many territories. (And yet, they still censor themselves in Russia as to not offend their anti-gay views, which says everything about their lack of spine).

In reality, both LGBT+ rights and a Free Hong Kong are human rights issues first, political tools second. And the only reason one is off limits is because it actually significantly impacts their bottom lines when you take into account China's role in one of them.

Fucking bullshit.
(the funny thing about LGBT stuff is that it's not present in the Chinese version of Overwatch, so you know how committed Blizzard is to those values)

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018

LMAO, right. Yes, they would've banned and taken money away from a player had they shown a rainbow flag and shown support for LGBT+ rights. I would've loved to see how that went down. The fact that they think we are supposed to believe that (even when said gender issues are 100% politicized in America), is disgusting. If anything, they would've taken the easy PR points and probably shown support because it lines up with their current marketing efforts, and because simply put, diversity is becoming good business in many territories. (And yet, they still censor themselves in Russia as to not offend their anti-gay views, which says everything about their lack of spine).

Fucking bullshit.
Funny thing is:

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
Funny thing is:

Yeah I was just about to write a post about how they didn't punish the American University kids who were actually straight-up baiting a ban. And the Collegiate circuit, as far as I understand is still subject to the rules Grandmasters are under. They have supplemental rulebooks, but they still have to adhere to the rules that got blitzchung in trouble

So if that's true, obviously, it is totally about their Chinese overlords.

Reactions: Kylac

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
That Blizzard response is just the most cowardly thing I've ever seen.

Put out at 5pm on a Friday. Still punishing the casters and a ludicrous ban for both. Just total capitulation.

That CEO has no credibility. Blizzcon in a few weeks is gonna be a shitshow.

Chance Hale

Yikes forever
Sep 10, 2019
Colorado
i've been following it pretty much since they started working on it years ago ...

and it's really REALLY good ... very creepy ... a bit janky (just a tad) ... but very very good
Good to hear, little jank doesn't hurt. Definitely going to give it a go in a few weeks after the Disco Elysium and Outer World time sinks.

Need another dose of surrealism after Pathologic 2

Also for anyone else who missed Amanita Designs have a new game out Pilgrims that's only 5 dollars on steam(or 4 on humble) Got completely lost in the apple arcade shuffle for me since I have an android phone

Last edited:
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Good to hear, little jank doesn't hurt. Definitely going to give it a go in a few weeks after the Disco Elysium and Outer World time sinks.

Need another dose of surrealism after Pathologic 2
yeah, it's definitely worth giving a shot ... and absolutely surreal, haha :)

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I admit I have not always been nice with my hard drives, changed main drive a few times without being too preoccupied about the system files that were left on the old ones.
Hmmm...
How do I nuke this shit from orbit ? I mean the old system folders in my ex main drives that are not doing anything except taking space.

Pretty sure the windows built in cleaner doesn't work.

Reactions: teezzy

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
The guy speculated that the blog post was made/set with China's time zone which already got debunked.
As far as I saw, the time zone thing was a retweet around a theory that the statement was written by a non-native English, native Chinese speaker. Has that been attested to by anyone else with expertise yet? Kind of doubt it tbh.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
While Acti-Blizzard is clearly on the side of the Chinese government, it's unlikely that they needed a Chinese native to write that. It's standard PR bunk and released at the standard PR bunk time of Friday evening.

Reactions: xinek

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I had Mount & Blade installed for a few months, that recent sale motivated me to finally give it a try.

In short, it has some impressive moments, but if you just like me never played Mount & Blade series before, and thinking right now about which one of those games you should get on the sale, then pick up Warband instead. Because from what I've seen, Warband is basically Enhanced Edition of the original game and there is not much point in playing vanilla version. But what it did is sure got me hyped about Bannerlord, this concept on the better engine should be glorious!
Hey cheers nice vid. I bought this as it was on sale. Haven't tried it yet but will give it a go soon.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I played the Princess Remedy games since 2 is free now and I realized that 1 is free too.
They're nice. Short fun and bullet hell-ish with a great soundtrack.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
Wasn't there a site where you could search for steam covers in the new format ?
The site was already posted but I want to point out we alse have a thread to share our custom made covers

Reactions: Li Kao and MJunioR

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I really like how Doraemon looks! Here's an impossible choice, Doraemon or Disco Elysium hmmmmmm?
We’ve got a great contemporary farming game in Stardew whereas games like PST are quite rare — assuming it even comes close to that promise. I’d personally go DE.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Both is good
Well I can only afford one, but sure, sooner or later I will get both, what I'm trying to decide which one first, to play this month?:D

We’ve got a great contemporary farming game in Stardew whereas games like PST are quite rare — assuming it even comes close to that promise. I’d personally go DE.
Yeah that's where I'm leaning, CRPGs are my favourites and I feel I can't miss one that tries to do something new and exciting, even if it turns out not to be very good, But Doraemon looks like such a nice time!

Reactions: Wok and texhnolyze

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Cant seem to buy anything on STEAM at the minute, it failed to go through like 5 times now it says I've made too many attempts, try again later.

Deleted member 113

Cant seem to buy anything on STEAM at the minute, it failed to go through like 5 times now it says I've made too many attempts, try again later.
It may be a temporary problem.
I experienced some issues as well this week, when trying to pay with Paypal.

After it fails 3 times or so, it's better to stop attempting, and wait 30 minutes or so, otherwise you will get blocked like you mentioned.

Try again in an hour.
Hope you manage to fix this. ;)

Deleted member 113

Im trying to use PayPal as well
It has been behaving strangely.

Sometimes I would select Paypal, and the Paypal button that launches that separate window wouldn't even appear.
Sometimes I would go to Paypal, log-in, select my payment method, and when pressing buy, the window would just freeze, and continue loading (until I would need to close that window, and get an error message on Steam).
Sometimes I would successfully do things on that Paypal secondary window, and it's supposed to go back to Steam and have one final screen with the items you want to purchase, and price, but instead, it would continue "processing", until it failed.

It has been happening to me all week.

Reactions: Stevey

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Lots of modders have successfully added rtx to old games in the past few months, right?

It's cool if NVIDIA can implement it officially.

Status
Not open for further replies.