Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Since not everyone checks the co-op thread (Community - MetaCouncil Co-op Corner), in about 40 minutes or so some of us will play a few matches of Duck Game (without having played the game before :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:).

If anyone wants to joins us, please do so.

It should be... something.

Context
It was at Days Gone release. Behold the full expression of my creative skills.

Last edited:

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Well I'm playing Crash 2 and... I booted back up the original to compare!
Because there are some places that felt very different from my memory, especially in one secret level where I was convinced you could just jump on the top platform normally, and failed to do so multiple times before setting on the slide jump.

And... yup.
You can totally just jump normally in the original.
It's not the first time I felt that, I don't really remember too much, but was very early in the game so I must have played it fifty times.

The N.Sane Trilogy is quickly reaching the status of the single worst remake I have ever played.
I have never seen a remake so faithful to the game world, so beautiful and modern... that has such horrendously different gameplay and physics that it actually changes the way you have to play the game. It's completely fucked, and even worse when you're so used to the original.
I thought it would be minor, and in Crash 1 it kinda sucked... but it's such a simple game that it didn't matter too much (never going to go for 100% though, I'm not insane), however when you get different collisions and different animations for everything (the slide is much faster! Thanks, it breaks my timing, and the more demanding parts of the game do not take that into account, cool to see trivial jumps/attacks becoming a nightmare of timing because you're now out of sync) if they're not outright absent (bye bye near fall animation), it's oh so much worse when you have to use more abilities...

Man I don't like seeing my experience getting worse and worse, but it should be better in Crash 3 since it uses its physics for the whole trilogy... who could have though that was a good idea?

Also with the Playstation plugged in, I tried FFIX. Yeah, I'll play the remaster with the upscaled backgrounds mod instead, old 2D is pretty nasty. And dem loading times 🙅‍♀️

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
People werent joking when they said Crash Bandicoot was like Dark Souls. Was hoping for more spyroy goodness but its more like a non-responsive super meat boy. Like the remake is well done but maybe the original game was just insanely overrated. Even at the time imagine this vs Spyro or Mario 64!

Disclaimer: I never played either Spyro or Crash before the remakes.

Last edited:

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
I just took the brunt of a full barrage of likes. This forum should be mandatory for people with low self esteem :poutblob:
Only issue is that I’m constantly looking for that damn button when I’m on other forums now.
All forums should have it because it cuts down on too may unnecessary small posts of “Same” or “I agree” or whatever. You can just like the post and move on.

And hey look, even without that, the thread has a billion posts!

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I see that you're familiar with anime after all.

I'm actually curious to see if they manage to make a comeback like people said about CS:GO
How did that work actually? And how does it compare to say R6S?

In modern days you hear about how R6S at launch was just bad but then Ubisoft was able to turn it around. Same with SE and FFXIV (sort of?).

Also I had no idea what the Play online was but it does sound kind of cool for it's time?

Anyway listening to some of the songs and stuff, I kind of want Steam to have background sounds on the store as an option, also I know that skins is a thing you can do on Steam but I could never get that to work properly.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
The boss fight camera in Spyro 3 is really bad. The speed boat camera made me want to throw something.

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
How do you get rid of shelves on Steam btw? I made some by accident and don't see any option to delete them.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it!

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
Whats the name of your collections/tags in your library. Im unsure if I should still keep mine. I got "Games I wanna finish" which are installed one-and-done games, "Virtual Reality - Play" which are allk currently installed VR games, "Games I wanna play" which are all games I really wanna play, but haven't installed.

The last one "Endless" is a big one cause it has games that seemingly doesn't end. RTS, roguelikes, strategy games, gaas games etc.
I only have two collections at the moment: Playing Now and Playing Soon. 18 games in playing now means my sorting might be in a mess right now though...

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Context
It was at Days Gone release. Behold the full expression of my creative skills.
Why is it wearing Millia's hat from gg xrd?
I now officially hate gooses and I'll never buy that game because I've had enough of it. Thanks, Internet.
Geese.
The plural of goose is geese.
People werent joking when they said Crash Bandicoot was like Dark Souls. Was hoping for more spyroy goodness but its more like a non-responsive super meat boy. Like the remake is well done but maybe the original game was just insanely overrated. Even at the time imagine this vs Spyro or Mario 64!

Disclaimer: I never played either Spyro or Crash before the remakes.
Crash 1...has good ideas but the way it controls needs getting used to it.
Crash 2 rectifies this while crash 3 has half platforming half vehicle mini game style stages

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I'm not really sure how to feel about other playable characters in Spyro 3. Sheila feels so sluggish and slow compared to Spyro :/

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
Something has to give i can't see nordic releasing darksiders genesis and biomutant in next 2 month. One of them is surely facing a delay

Reactions: texhnolyze

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Something has to give i can't see nordic releasing darksiders genesis and biomutant in next 2 month. One of them is surely facing a delay
I really do hate this sort of thing, when groups insist on release dates that clearly aren't going to happen.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Why is it wearing Millia's hat from gg xrd?
That’s the great thing about this picture, pretty sure I can answer all questions with only ‘Because !’

The more serious answer is I don’t know, I got the pic from ArcSys twitter at the time :drinking-blob:

lazerfox

Alpine Flower Boy
Dec 31, 2018
Switzerland
I'm loving how game releases are sneaking up on me. Last month I first learned about Greedfall just a week before release and I ended up having a blast with it.

This month I find out about Disco Elysium and it looks absolutely fucking insane.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
There are a lot of games that I bought this year and I still haven't finished them :sweaty-blob:

Disco Elysium is releasing in two days and I can't justify buying it with so many games in my backlog :negative-blob:

Reactions: MJunioR

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Yup, it's totally Valve fault that Piko's most popular game is Super 3D Noah's Ark and their latest one, fucking Impossamole, flopped. Not because they're working on super niche games that are usually seen in Fanatical / Indiegala bundles, nah.

Of course they are totally correct not updating the product they are currently selling in a storefront if said storefront puts them in such a harsh situation.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Great attitude, customer friendly and polite and using their leverage intuitively cos Steam will totally see that and go omg, we should change our algorithms to promote ancient low effort dosbox re-releases over others. I don't see Risk of Rain, Hollow/Shovel Knight, Ori, whatever devs talking about any indiepocalypse.

Last edited:
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Yup, it's totally Valve fault that Piko's most popular game is Super 3D Noah's Ark and their latest one, fucking Impossamole, flopped. Not because they're working on super niche games that are usually seen in Fanatical / Indiegala bundles, nah.

Of course they are totally correct not updating the product they are currently selling in a storefront if said storefront puts them in such a harsh situation.
Great attitude there, customer friendly and polite and using their leverage intuitively cos Steam will totally see that and go omg, we should change our algorithms to promote ancient low effort re-releases over other stuff. I don't hear Risk of Rain, Hollow Knight, Ori, whatever devs talking about an indiepocalypse.
This is the dumbest excuse ive seen for not updating your library image. Fuck the people who bought your games because Valve bad
So people who bought your game caused the algo change? I don't get it.
the funniest thing is that they didn't even bother adding proper tags to their games .... something which would help them A LOT

the store pages are barren

and the screenshots are stretched (or look like they've been taken off of google images - like in 40 Winks's case, for example)

Status
Not open for further replies.