Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
From what i can glean, Nintendo announcing that Blizzard has cancelled that New York Overwatch event happened and the mods silently added a "No Politics" rule and started closing threads. when questioned they said "It's a clarification of an unwritten rule we thought everyone knew about" yet they didn't enforce it until yesterday.

Comedy Gold.
Blizzard cancelled the Overwatch launch event at Nintendo NYC, and there was a thread made about it. Moderators eventually come in and say "Politics aren't allowed in the subreddit" (If you click that link, you'll see the karma actually isn't 0 like the forum preview is showing, it's negative 8000), even though that was never explicitly a rule.

They even try to ban the discussion under the guise of Rule 1, aka "Rule 1 - Remember the human and be respectful of others" because apparently Blizzard the corporation is a human deserving respect?

And then in the middle of the night, with no discussion, they create Rule 11/11.5 that forbids politics.

It was amazing to watch it blow up over a few hours and see one moderator (MegaMagnezone) wipe out 22,000+ karma accumulated across 5 years of posting.

The absolute best part was when they tried invoking Rule 1 "No hate-speech, personal attacks, or harassment. Remember the human and be respectful of others." as if that was a reasonable rule application to ban a discussion.
Ah ok. thanks for the information.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
tentacles everywhere
Only in lashman's filthy animu dreams. :face-with-open-mouth-and-cold-sweat:

And speaking of leftist scum...

Play as legendary FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover in this historical strategy-RPG game, fighting against the Mafia, the communists, the Ku Klux Klan, the Black Panthers, the Weatherman Underground in the midst of the 1960s with the rise of the New Left and organized crime.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Where's GRANDIA HD? Less than an hour? I want to believe.

And what's with no cards for launch? Happening a lot lately. Disco doesn't have them ready, Dragon Star Varnir nope (still waiting), Doraemon nope, new EDF nope.

Reactions: lashman

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Actually I'm waiting for OUTBUDDIES more than GRANDIA.

Battle Brothers on sale but not the DLC. :( Forager sale. STEINS;GATE sale. Team17 sale. And Wolfenstein.

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019

Yumenikki - Dream Diary- is discounted by 80% on steam if the BTA is too high and that's all you want from it.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Decisions, decisions. Catherine is just a bit above my impulse buy threshold. But I also want the stuff in the BTA (only have Stanley Parable) and 1$ tiers and then the difference between that and the top tier is still quite cheap for Catherine.
Hm. :02think:

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
After playing BFV for a few days, and rage deleting the game now, I’m fully convinced the franchise cannot have prone, high fidelity graphics and no 3D spotting. You can change one of those, but having all three of those things together makes for a horrendous visibility nightmare.

I hope DICE gets its shit together soon.

Reactions: lashman and Stevey

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
After playing BFV for a few days, and rage deleting the game now, I’m fully convinced the franchise cannot have prone, high fidelity graphics and no 3D spotting. You can change one of those, but having all three of those things together makes for a horrendous visibility nightmare.

2142 was the pinnacle

Reactions: Samson

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Dunno if I'm able to play the waiting game for Cold Steel 3. If NISA could at least announce that there's a port on the way it would help a lot.

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
2142 was the pinnacle
I think everything through 3 was still really good, wherever the pinnacle might be. But the visual spectacle just isn’t meshing with the gameplay/mechanics loop anymore.

10 year old me would have never thought a day would come when mid-20s me would be begging for games to look less pretty lol.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

It was worse at launch, they already improved contrast/visibility. I agree with the spotting but many did complain about it.

Reactions: Samson

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Dunno if I'm able to play the waiting game for Cold Steel 3. If NISA could at least announce that there's a port on the way it would help a lot.
As an ex certified Falcom shill I find it quite interesting how the lack of a Cold Steel PC port, or the game in general, leave me totally cold at the moment. Like, even if it released day-and-date on PC and the Crossbell dilemma didn't exist, I think I would still just shrug and wait for a sale. Falcom and Nisa really did a number on me.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
As an ex certified Falcom shill I find it quite interesting how the lack of a Cold Steel PC port, or the game in general, leave me totally cold at the moment. Like, even if it released day-and-date on PC and the Crossbell dilemma didn't exist, I think I would still just shrug and wait for a sale. Falcom and Nisa really did a number on me.
Unfortunately for me I'm 100% in the Trails train and can't see myself out of it anytime soon.

Reactions: DeejayDoom

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
I ain't touching the Sen games until we get 3 and 4 on PC. I refuse to get dicked by NISA.

Good thing I'm not finishing Sora anytime soon

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
It was worse at launch, they already improved contrast/visibility. I agree with the spotting but many did complain about it.
Oh I saw how bad it used to be, and it’s certainly better.

I get that spam spotting was annoying to people (personally never really bothered me). But the alternative of only recons having spotting tools (and limited ones at that) is too far at the other extreme.

There has to be some kind of compromise. Not being able to ping my teammates to warn them “Hey there’s a dickhead here blending into the terrain,” is horrible. Even just enabling spotting for squads would be something.

Status
Not open for further replies.