Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

Grandia HD -> failure

People on Steam forum aren't happy either, can't even hold 30fps all the time? I'll wait for a patch. If one comes.

Reactions: MJunioR and Eferis

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Unfortunately for me I'm 100% in the Trails train and can't see myself out of it anytime soon.
I'm actually more excited to play Trails from Zero with Geofront's massive patch a few months from now. And I still have Ao to look forward to after that.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
This game is so amazing. Just had the first hour of it behind, and I am still discovering new things about it's UI and presentation.
I love the idea of your character having random ideas literally floating around your head after you interact with things. To compare this game with Planescape is doing it injustice. This game is what would have happened if Planescape had spawned its own genre, and you'd jump forward 20 years with lots of innovation and iteration having taken place. It's hard to fathom just one team having so many good ideas and all of them working so well.
This game, even in its first hour, really makes Torment Numenera look and feel bad - and I even enjoyed that one

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018

Now available
You ever just play a game and immediately know, this is your shit?
Cod i do after spending an hour and becoming a feminisit hobocop who hates the rich

game's living up to my expecations from the get go it's crazy

I must resist spending money on games I'll not play right now...

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
well someone somewhere DID add that stuff to a new package ... it's not just the occasional "volvo does things so all packages get updated automatically" thing

maybe EA are considering coming back? :p
id buy burnout remastered on steam in a heart beat if it had steam achievements tbh.

Also Dead Space 3 even though I own it on Origin because id like to have the trilogy on Steam.

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Must be an intern messing around :p
that's also possible, yes ... it might be nothing ... but the fact is - someone DID create that NEW package an hour ago ...

id buy burnout remastered on steam in a heart beat if it had steam achievements tbh.

Also Dead Space 3 even though I own it on Origin because id like to have the trilogy on Steam.
same ... and all the other old EA games ... stuff like Crysis 3, The Saboteur ... hell, i'd probably even consider buying The Sims 4 :p lol

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Steam Client Beta - October 15, 2019
OCT 15 @ 7:34PM - PHILIPLA
The Steam Client Beta has been updated with the following changes:

Library
  • New Recent Friend Activity shelves will no longer immediately disappear if there is no recent friend activity
  • Shelves can now be deleted during reorganization by clicking on the trashcan on the shelf header
  • The game details page now correctly shows the sharing library for shared games
  • Fixed game logos sometimes being misaligned in the game details header
  • Fixed bug where number, date, and list formatting did not always match the current language setting.
  • Fixed a bug where 32-bit games couldn’t be uninstalled on MacOS Catalina.
  • Re-enabled launching of games on MacOS Catalina where compatibility is unknown and not yet configured by the developer.
General
  • Fixed product activation dialog rendering only a black rectangle for some users

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
The irony of EA coming back to the fold, I hope if they indeed come back that they offer some kind of big discount to existing game owners on Origin. I suppose that titles like Titanfall 2 or Apex Legends would benefit of Steam's ecosystem.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
There's no chance to see EA coming back to Steam, much less adding Steam achievements to their games. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

But let's be honest, EA should bring some of their games to Steam - they can sell Origin keys on third party sellers and keep putting their games on Origin Access and there's still people who would buy their games on Steam. I mean, it's cruel to see games like Unravel, Burnout Paradise Remaster, DA Inquisition and others just being sent to die on Origin.

I would instabuy Mirror's Edge Catalyst on Steam, for example. I wouldn't even mind if they don't put BF / Sims / NFS, just use it to sell these less popular SP focused games from the bottom of their catalog (of course I'd love to double-dip Sims 4 and all its expansion packs on Steam but that would be too good).

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
If anyone is interested, in like 20 minutes (9 PM ET), Riot is going to do their 10th Anniversary Stream. Could be pretty huge, they might show some combination of a new card game, an anime, and possibly their long-rumored fighting game. Kind of interesting to see what they can do to cement their status over Fortnite right now, since Fortnite is on the upswing again with Chapter 2's release.

edit: League has a new accompanying card game, Legends of Runeterra.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wok and lashman

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
If anyone is interested, in like 20 minutes (9 PM ET), Riot is going to do their 10th Anniversary Stream. Could be pretty huge, they might show some combination of a new card game, an anime, and possibly their long-rumored fighting game. Kind of interesting to see what they can do to cement their status over Fortnite right now, since Fortnite is on the upswing again with Chapter 2's release.

edit: League has a new accompanying card game, Legends of Runeterra.
I just caught the mobile/console lol: wild rift side game (looked like any other mobile moba to me but we'll see). Anything else?

Last edited:
Reactions: Samson

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
I just caught the mobile/console lol: wild rift side game (looked like any other mobile moba to me but we'll see). Anything else?
Nope that's really it so far. Card game and mobile/console port.

Bunch of unimportant stuff like game changes for the map, a new champion and some other stuff like anniversary freebies for game vets.

edit: leaks are all right so far, so anime next?

edit 2: looks like they just showed previews of fighting games and action/shooter games?

Last edited:
Reactions: Wok

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
So I am doing post game DQIV, I hope that I will get around to my other DS/3DS JRPGs as well.

I wonder what will happen to those games, will they ever get rereleased/remastered or something? Some of them did for the 3DS but the N/S doesn't have dual screens though.

Also I have taken the first steps of going back to college by making an appointment with my college counselor, I was always nervous of talking with her since I always felt like I let her down/wasted her time when I didn't pass my classes. At my college there are general counselors and then there are more specialized ones, she is the one that helps people with STEM majors.

It will be cool to hear what the PC version of RDR2 will be like. Didn't Rockstar say that they would be releasing a gameplay trailer or something for the PC version in the near future? Or will we have to wait till the game is out next month?

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Ok so they're making more stuff! Hero shooter? Diablo like? Ok yeah, fighting game too. But not coming any time soon I guess, just teasing them...

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
Ok so they're making more stuff! Hero shooter? Diablo like? Ok yeah, fighting game too.
Yeah looks they have actual previews of like four or five different game types actually. Pretty surprising they're even that far along in concept processes, since it's been quiet for years.

edit: oh shit, the tactical shooter isn't even in the League of Legends universe, that's surprising.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Yeah it looks like Counter-Strike with hero powers so I guess not like the average hero shooter, super quick kills in comparison. But things could change.

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
Yeah it looks like Counter-Strike with hero powers so I guess not like the average hero shooter, super quick kills in comparison. But things could change.
Yeah, I was thinking of CS as well. The turnaround from a standoff to a kill is super fast in what they showed. Very different from what the current hero shooter market leaders offer, so that's smart I suppose to go for a different niche.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Well all that looked nice. from the card game to the fps.

I doubt I'll get into any of their games as they're bound to attract the same lol esport crowd and I'll get annihilated in all the games swiftly (like playing Q3A).

Except that one Diablo/RPG-like. that could be for me with the PVE/coop, ha.

Edit: animated series too. Looked nice, for a 3D thing. Kinda painterly and Dishonored-ish art style, not like your average meh CG anime.

Reactions: Wok and Samson

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I mean I could stop my EA boycott if they came back to steam.

They straight up lied forever ago when they left originally with their bullshit. If they had just said they wanted to leave to create their own client and avoid steam transactions it would be fine but to assume everyone was that dumb is insulting.

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
Goddamn, whoever leaked was in deep, because they got everything right. Here's the League of Legends anime show now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alextended

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
Okay, so the stream is over. Riot has literally just shown an hour stream where they created replacements for almost every Blizzard "thing" that they're known for other than an MMO.
  • Card game? Check.
  • Hero shooter? Check.
  • Diablo-style ARPG? Check.
  • MOBA? Already had that, check.
  • More focus on large-scale cinematics and story-telling? Check.
  • Strategy games? Not quite check, but teased it by talking about their love for games like Civ. So, semi-check.
Very interesting. So with Blizzard faltering because of the HK stuff, plus IP decline, Riot (hilariously also fully owned by CN) is trying to take their thunder. I wonder if Blizzard can ever offer anything remotely to hit back at Blizzcon? Guess that's why they're moving to a Riot Games Launcher instead of just keeping the League client on its own. Tencent is coming for the West hard.
Surely Blizzard has a ton of devs working on something other than more content for their existing games (most half-abandonded) and Warcraft 3 remaster.
You would think, but they've had trouble actually getting games out of their pipeline for a while now. I wonder if they'll have something to show soon, before Tencent swallows the industry.

Reactions: Wok

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Surely Blizzard has a ton of devs working on something other than more content for their existing games (most half-abandonded/done) & Warcraft 3 remaster.

Also we'll see if these will actually be successful. Card game and Diablo-like might be certain bets, though the latter is probably too far to judge.

Mobile lol game a certain hit. The FPS could go either way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.