Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Surely Blizzard has a ton of devs working on something other than more content for their existing games (most half-abandonded/done) & Warcraft 3 remaster.
If there is no teaser for Diablo 4 next month at Blizzcon then they are in for a tough ride next year.

Reactions: Samson

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
That Riot fps is Just crossfire with magic Powers, even the animations looks the same, that game is sure aimed at the asian market. Hope monetization is Fair and game is Fun... Will not hold my breath tho.

Reactions: Samson

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
If there is no teaser for Diablo 4 next month at Blizzcon then they are in for a tough ride next year.
The way Activision proper has been weighing in on them recently, even if Diablo4, Warcraft2, Starcraft3, or RockandRollRacing2 are announced, Blizzard is going to be in for a hard year.

Samson

Aug 2, 2019
Heraklion
That fucking sucks, IMO
I don't disagree really. Disney already sucks, so it's not like we need another damn corporate interest vying for world domination (especially one that has distinct ties to a genocidal government) and cultural hegemonizing.

But from a purely analytical standpoint, it's really interesting to see them trying to leverage the weight of League's popularity in East Asia into become an even bigger entertainment giant. And it's really interesting to see them basically trying to smash the most popular game genre niche leaders at their own specialties.
  • Hero shooter shown.
  • ARPG shown.
  • Strategy games discussed very briefly.
  • MMO discussed very briefly.
  • Fighting game shown.
  • Card game shown.
  • Esports "management" game shown.
  • New animated series shown.
  • Mobile MOBA port shown.
Obviously that's not every single genre out there, but if they somehow manage to pull most of those off and make good games, they will have singlehandedly brute-forced their way into 9-10 genres/entertainment styles and leveraged one of the most popular IPs in the world along the way. It's insane to see.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I don't disagree really. Disney already sucks, so it's not like we need another damn corporate interest vying for world domination (especially one that has distinct ties to a genocidal government) and cultural hegemonizing.
That's why I think it sucks. Just another corporation trying to permeate popular culture.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
It's probably just an EA intern who found a loophole to add his old games to Steam.
Well, the thing is you can't simply make packages, you have to ask Valve to create one for you.
But I wouldn't get my hopes up, could be mistake.

Reactions: lashman

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Lots of people buying Disco Elysium in my Steam Activity. That's very nice to see!
Yup, very positive reviews too, so far (94%).

However, concurrent users peak is still pretty low today at 2.3K. Let's see how it goes in the coming days.

They did everything right, but the lack of review embargo might hurt this game. They should've sent the review copies 2 weeks in advance. That said, reviews are glowing so far, and Disco Elysium is the kind of game that will have long legs like Original Sin.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
It's so crazy that for the price of a single indie game called Indivisible, I can get all of these recent games instead:

• Disco Elysium
  • Grandia HD
  • Pine
  • Darksiders Genesis

I'm still so salty at 505 Games. I wish they stay away from RPGs in the future.
Same here. 505 Games indie division is weird. Bloodstained and Indivisible costs more than 505's Control on EGS.
There was a PR guy on Twitter who fixed Control pricing on EGS (in a regional pricing thread that I was a part of). I asked him again as to pricing of Bloodstained and he said there are other people who handle its pricing.

Adding to that, Darksiders' pricing is higher for us Indians. Not only bafflingly high, but high nonetheless.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
It's obviously not very likely but EA coming back to Steam would be a useful development. One of the most common arguments in launcher discussions is that "some major publishers like EA and Activision left Steam and didn't come back so it's clearly working out for them". The first company to leave Steam deciding to come back would instantly invalidate that line of thinking.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Since I will be busy with Disco Elysium from now on, I just posted my Steam review for Doraemon:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Y'all do know that ea sells their back catalog on gog too right?
Ea selling their back catalog on steam as well would be nice but itd be most interesting if ea decides to sell their current and future titles as well on there.
What i would much more appreciate is if ea lets you migrate ur origin library to steam.

Reactions: Echoes and lashman

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I don't think EA is doing very well at the moment, feels like they've burned every bridge that they had, well maybe except with the Sims fans since that seems to be going strong, So starting to bring their backcatalogue to Steam makes sense. Like Dragon Age 2, that's not selling any copies on Origin, on Steam it would at least sell a little.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Y'all do know that ea sells their back catalog on gog too right?
Ea selling their back catalog on steam as well would be nice but itd be most interesting if ea decides to sell their current and future titles as well on there.
What i would much more appreciate is if ea lets you migrate ur origin library to steam.
Even just releasing their back catalog would be a significant development. Considering that you can access all the older games for 4€ a month, bringing them over to Steam would be a clear indication that Origin isn't doing too hot.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Even just releasing their back catalog would be a significant development. Considering that you can access all the older games for 4€ a month, bringing them over to Steam would be a clear indication that Origin isn't doing too hot.
Gog to play second fiddle to steam for years to come respectful salute
But yeah i get what you mean.

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
Isn't it rumored that some big publishers just get the 20% cut right away instead of having to hit $50 million in sales? I could see Valve making a deal like that with EA.
Of course it could just be EA putting old stuff on Steam, which would make a lot of sense.
Could also be nothing.

Reactions: lashman

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Isn't it rumored that some big publishers just get the 20% cut right away instead of having to hit $50 million in sales? I could see Valve making a deal like that with EA.
Of course it could just be EA putting old stuff on Steam, which would make a lot of sense.
Could also be nothing.
Steam cut is based on milestones and when a pub reaches certain $ quantity then the cut it's as low as 80/20, yes. it wasn't 50M tho, it was 100M

Reactions: MJunioR

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
Bought Disco Elysium, won't be able to play it till later tho, so, in the meantime I decided to play something more in line with Spooktober, Death Mark. It's pretty great so far, have this spooky urban legend feel to it. My only problem is navigation, it controls like a dungeon crawler (unsurprisingly, given the devs behind the game).

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
The YouTube algorithm is something else.

I still remember in 2009 when I was in middle school about the Xbox 720 and PS4 and the wii2

I use to think the Wii was "magical" (or something along those lines) when I read that it could play Wii, GameCube games and even N64 games (I never did end up buying a Wii)

So what comes out after Project Scarlett? PS5, and N/S Lite?

Will Stadia take off? Will EGS have closed down?

Will Tencent unite the launchers on PC?

Reactions: Rosenkrantz

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
The YouTube algorithm is something else.

I still remember in 2009 when I was in middle school about the Xbox 720 and PS4 and the wii2

I use to think the Wii was "magical" (or something along those lines) when I read that it could play Wii, GameCube games and even N64 games (I never did end up buying a Wii)

So what comes out after Project Scarlett? PS5, and N/S Lite?

Will Stadia take off? Will EGS have closed down?

Will Tencent unite the launchers on PC?
I want to see Stadia succeed and physical disc abandonment.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Now you're speaking my language! As a Russian-Japanese, I mean that semi-literally as well. :p

(I'll add you on Switch btw, and thanks for the recommendations!)
=============

I already switched (pun-intended) to getting Gun Gun Pixies for my Switch Vs. Steam... Steam version still isn't out. Pqube be dumb.

On the fence about Splatoon 2. Not really sure I wanna play it online which apparently is where the majority of the games meat is.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
:thinking:

Edit: Apparently, the group was temporarily banned for advocating violence, which is not surprising considering the likes of the Pepe dude below.

Edit²:

Regarding the group takedown

Hello guys,

As you may have noticed, our group was taken down by the Steam moderation for 24 hours. After we contacted them, we've received information detailing the reason of the removal. We have succeeded in bringing the group back online but we would like to address the two causes that lead to the removal.

1) Death threats are not cool. They don't have any effect aside from hurting the community as a whole, as we've seen with the community actually being taken down because of them. If you did it in the past, please refrain from doing so in the future. It will only lead to the group being removed again and Epic defenders using it as ammunition to paint all PC gamers as toxic and entitled. The staff does not and will never endorse calls to violence against any individual or group. We believe in voting with our wallets and letting our voices be heard in a civil manner.

2) Don't promote piracy. LIke we get it, you're going to do it and nobody can stop you. But Steam is a US based company, which means they fall under the US DMCA. They have to abide by removing the discussion of piracy and as an extent so do we. So we ask you not to publicly call to piracy. It lets Epic defenders paint us as "all PC gamers are pirates anyways".

We ask our community to refrain from those two types of behaviour. We're here to fight the good fight and inform you guys about the latest exclusives and shady dealings.

I would also personally ask a favour of each and every one of you. If you see things like these happen, please use the report button. The staff have lives outside the group and we can't comb over every thread every second to make sure these two rules aren't broken.

Regards,

Competizione and the rest of the staff

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

And I thought that game had failed since there wasn't much discussion about it (or I didn't check since I didn't like it too much compared to its inspirations).

Yet it's also sold half a million copies out of the blue by now. Neat.

Last edited:

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I won The Surge 2 in a Resetera giveaway, only had time to play a few minutes but it seems like a pretty good DS clone.
Stein's Gate Elite is 60% off but money is very tight as usual which sucks. SG is one of my favorite things in any medium and I really want to check out LBP but it'll have to wait.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
:thinking:

Edit: Apparently, the group was temporarily banned for advocating violence, which is not surprising considering the likes of the Pepe dude below.

Edit²:
I locked down my group/curator a while back for the same reason, request an invite only. It has no where near the number of members I have no interest in man babies infesting it.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
The point about devs getting paid regularly and accurately is a good one. I bet many publishers game the numbers to avoid paying out.

He says 'competition is good' a lot.

And also says that exclusivity has always been a thing in the gaming industry and then lists all the consoles that they have had exclusivity on, but it hasn't been for PC. that's the point isn't it. 3rd party exclusivity on PC isn't a thing and now it is and that's what some of us don't like.

Deleted member 113

Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes doesn't have any pre-order bonuses, just a pre-order discount, right?

Anyone played it? How is it?
I know it's a spin-off, with some limited/repetitive gameplay (to be honest, I loved No More Heroes 1 and 2, and my enjoyment was more from a story/presentation point of view, the actual gameplay was a bit "clunky", even on the main entries), but is the story, soundtrack, and overall presentation enjoyable enough for someone who liked the previous games?

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
The thing I always find weird is how they describe the bubble they (and we) live in as something natural. “I play games on PlayStation, Xbox, Switch”. Ok. But the VAST majority of people don’t, they buy a console and play on PlayStation OR on XBOX OR on Switch.

So stop acting like exclusivity is this natural thing that never affected who can or wants to play your product.

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes doesn't have any pre-order bonuses, just a pre-order discount, right?

Anyone played it? How is it?
I know it's a spin-off, with some limited/repetitive gameplay (to be honest, I loved No More Heroes 1 and 2, and my enjoyment was more from a story/presentation point of view, the actual gameplay was a bit "clunky", even on the main entries), but is the story, soundtrack, and overall presentation enjoyable enough for someone who liked the previous games?
It's Suda51 so at the least I expect style over substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.