Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Might test out performance tonight, then. The performance of the dev version a few months back at 4k on a 2080 ti/7700k combo was concerning. Hoping my Vega 56/3900x is good for 1440p/60.

Reactions: lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
UWPHook to add Outer Worlds to Steam is no problems so far. Was afraid I wouln't get achievements or the achievement pop-up wouldn't show, but it does.

Great stuff so far. Thx MS from saving me from EGS.

Reactions: Li Kao

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
UWPHook to add Outer Worlds to Steam is no problems so far. Was afraid I wouln't get achievements or the achievement pop-up wouldn't show, but it does.

Great stuff so far. Thx MS from saving me from EGS.
Wait, you get achievement pop-ups on gamepass games? I didn't know that was a thing, do you need to do something with Gamebar or whatever to have them show up? I know they unlock for me (if the game has them), but only by using the companion app, never got any confirmation in-game for it.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Wait, you get achievement pop-ups on gamepass games? I didn't know that was a thing, do you need to do something with Gamebar or whatever to have them show up? I know they unlock for me (if the game has them), but only by using the companion app, never got any confirmation in-game for it.
I have game bar enabled, so achievement pop ups. I assume achievements registers regardless and game bar is just to show in-game that you got them.

Not all games have achievements, games that makes you connect the game towards your XLIVE account and choose your XLive profile when you start it up has achievements, from what I understand.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Maybe notifications are turned off, check Windows' settings for Xbox Beta or Xbox Companion.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

The Steam Client Beta has been updated with the following changes:

Library
  • Added new ui to enable uploading screenshots to your Steam profile directly from the post-game summary and when viewing a full resolution screenshots.
  • You can now remove a free to play game from your library by right clicking on the game in the games list and choosing manage -> Remove From Library.
  • You can now add custom header and logo artwork to games in your library (and position the logo) by right clicking in the header area of a game details page.
  • Added context menu option on What’s New items to show more or less per-game

Remote Play Together
  • Fixed video locking up after Alt-Tab away from the streaming client
  • Show an error message if you try to invite someone while you’re set to Invisible
  • Fixed controller mouse input leaking through when host is alt-tabbed to the desktop
  • Fixed sending and accepting an invitation while in Big Picture mode
  • Fixed Big Picture interface being visible to the client
  • Corrected store page listings for dozens of games that have local multiplayer modes

Steam Input
  • Improve automatic conversions when applying configurations to different controller types – Steam Controllers will get grip bindings based on the A/X buttons and PS4 Controller trackpad’s will get bindings based on the option/share buttons.
  • Add a Screenshot binding to the Switch Pro controller capture button in the default templates – when applying a configuration from another controller type this binding will also be automatically be added.

General
  • Updated embedded Chromium build in Steam to 77.0.3865.90

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
If anyone's using GloSC for Outer Wilds, PrivateDivision.TheOuterWorldsWindows10_hv3d7yfbgr2rp!App is the game. You can't mix controller and mouse if you're using a Steam Controller = \

New Steam Update looks good, at least.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I struggled this whole afternoon with the Xbox app. It would simply download a few mbs then get stuck for five minutes or so. Yeah, I did the whole thing. Tried to download Outer Worlds through the MS Store directly, did a reset on it, used a bunch of powershell commands, uninstalled the Xbox app, etc.

What fixed it for me (at least for now)? Changing my region in the settings. Instead of using my country I set it to the US and it's fully using my network now, non-stop, great speeds.

Well, I don't think I would play OW today anyway, but it sucks to have to do lots of troubleshooting to use something I'm paying for. Well, guess I could write about my experience to MS, although they probably have a report of my issues already.

You can now add custom header and logo artwork to games in your library (and position the logo) by right clicking in the header area of a game details page.
Hell yeah that's nice, can't wait to replace those ugly ass low res headers from games that have to be updated yet.

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018

OH GOD WHY

Also lmao at the purple baja hoodie mistakes were made

oh deary the organization that made that third video is down the road around the corner from me.

That third video made me feel attacked in ways I hadn't felt in such a long time. again mistakes were made

No pot luck jokes (n) The pulled pork sandwiches were always the best RIP old bitties

also lol while I was researching the hippie shop in my hometown to see if that purple baja hoodie, I learned it got raided for drugs

I grew up with these white bread factory working assholes no wonder I'm so irony poisoned

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
OH GOD GEMATSU 💩 E: the mobilewebsite sucks the desktop is fine

Those website long ads I know what they're for

but oh ffs they're terrible and make the article unfuckingreadable:face-with-open-mouth-and-cold-sweat:

oh btw The Nintendo Switch went down a whole ten dollars at Amazon to 259 something

jfc Nationalize Nintendo already

Reactions: PC-tan

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019
not all of them, sadly ... United still without one :(
I'll ask them to do something on the Maniaplanet forums, let's see what happened.
I'm trying to get in contact with some publishers/developers to let them update the assets, there are still a lot of games that are missing the assets and it's really a shame. When everything is in place the library is astonishing, it's a shame that, apparently, its hard for a lot of them to update a cover and a banner

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Heh, I put the logo in the middle

You can even move or resize the default logo of all the other games. Thanks Epic.
ahh. I see now. I was having trouble figuring out how to change the position of the logo.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Downloading The Outer Worlds as we speak. I'm expecting to hate it since I don't like First Person Fallout.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Considering most (if not all) Game Pass games are UWP in everything but the executable, I failed to see how it's enviable except for the privilege of playing the game a little early. Cheap isn't always better.

You can't even mod the game without the developer's involvement, something which goes against the nature of PC itself.
Still a much better alternative than having to use EGS tho. I mean $1 for Outer World is a very good deal.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
By the way so right now I have 19GB total of storage from Steam. Is that only used for screenshots and stuff? And how do you get more storage?

Is it dependent on how high your Site level is?

So far I have only used up about 0.4 GN out of my 19GB. And I have been using Steam for 5 years now
Cloud storage on Steam is its own separate thing right?

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
By the way so right now I have 19GB total of storage from Steam. Is that only used for screenshots and stuff? And how do you get more storage?

Is it dependent on how high your Site level is?

So far I have only used up about 0.4 GN out of my 19GB. And I have been using Steam for 5 years now
Cloud storage on Steam is its own separate thing right?
Where do you see that information?

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
I didn't knew that you could select more items and move them around the collection shelves:

Neat!
Also Nadeo updated the assets for their games:

Ooh those Trackmania and Shootmania grids look sexy as hell

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Is there really no way for me to force 10-bit color depth (per-channel) in the Nvidia control panel? My TV supports up to 12-bit... but do PC GPU's just not? Like why is HDR still so weird on PC?

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Where do you see that information?
In the new Steam Beta just go to a game you recently took a screenshot in, click the shar button on the image itself and you will see share options. I think the old UI also have information as well but it seems more detailed this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.