Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Due to recent exchanges here and personal rethinking I'm wondering how I should sort my steam categories.
1100+ games, I have no idea how to sort that shit.
I have-
Current,
Play These Next,
New/never played,
Then just genres like FPS, RPG etc.

Reactions: Li Kao

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I have-
Current,
Play These Next,
New/never played,
Then just genres like FPS, RPG etc.
Lol great minds (ok, so my mind is mediocore) think a-like!

I have
Started
Midway, my play these next
Close to finishing, basically current
Not started, my never played
Evergreen
(Seasonal, like Halloween, but only for a few months)

Reactions: Li Kao and Stevey

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Due to recent exchanges here and personal rethinking I'm wondering how I should sort my steam categories.
1100+ games, I have no idea how to sort that shit.
Games I wanna finish
GAAS
Strategy
Roguelikes
Sandbox
Game Pass
Various
VR - Play

Taborcarn

Battle Santa
Feb 28, 2019
My Steam categories at the moment are:

RPG
Action
Strategy
Completed RPG
Completed Action
Completed Strategy
Other
Completed Other

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
What the hell is wrong with Alienware site, kept giving me bad credentials error, then I changed pass word and still gave me that shit and then suspended my account. Ugh nothing can be easy can it .

Deleted member 113

What the hell is wrong with Alienware site, kept giving me bad credentials error, then I changed pass word and still gave me that shit and then suspended my account. Ugh nothing can be easy can it .
If you need a key, I posted one just above you. ;)

The Alienware website something behaves strangely when it's being hammered by people trying to claim one of their giveaways.

Reactions: MJunioR

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
If you need a key, I posted one just above you. ;)

The Alienware website something behaves strangely when it's being hammered by people trying to claim one of their giveaways.
Can't claim your key now since I won't be at home in awhile.XD

It seems it wasn't a permanent suspension, just a few days but can't imagine keys being left.

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Outer Worlds is okay so far. For saying that the game is smaller and more focused I found the first area to maybe be a bit to big for that. Lets just say there is still enough game time stretching through walking but still better than other games. Writing is alright but often a bit too much text for me that doesn't add anything. But any game coming after Disco Elysium would have a hard time with me.

Two things I don't like so far though. On the one hand the filter/rendering of Unreal Engine 4. Never liked it and it is no different in Outer Worlds. Just something I can't quite put into words. On the other hand is the shooting funnily enough. It controls well as a shooter but that comes with the problem that the rest that belongs to that isn't up to par for me. Awareness of where shots are coming from and hit detection are the big ones for me. Also don't really vibed with the guitar in the first town. Associate that too much with Borderlands but I also don't really care about Space Western in general.

Maybe it gets better later on or I am still enarmoured by Disco Elysium but I am now kinda glad I got this through Gamepass as I am enjoying it but I am not blowm away.

Reactions: Mivey and Taborcarn

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018

"See!? He obviously made the right choice" says random person on the Internet.
"What a shitty first day." says popular person who got paid tens of Millions of Dollars to change place of work. Not.

Ninja didn't make a dent into Mixer, shroud would struggle to change it either. But like meaningless first day/week PR for game releases, letting everyone know how awesome your launch was is meaningless.

Reactions: xinek

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019

"See!? He obviously made the right choice" says random person on the Internet.
"What a shitty first day." says popular person who got paid tens of Millions of Dollars to change place of work. Not.

Ninja didn't make a dent into Mixer, shroud would struggle to change it either. But like meaningless first day/week PR for game releases, letting everyone know how awesome your launch was is meaningless.
Mixer is legitimately a better platform than Twitch. Moneyhatting or not, I'd be happy if they could become an actual competitor to Twitch.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
While i'm enjoying The Outer Worlds, it feels closer to Fallout 4 than New Vegas, and that, is mighty disappointing.

Reactions: Stevey

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I have had a hard time with Outter Worlds, unfortunately.

After years of not playing any, I think I forgot how to play open games. I don’t know if I should go there, talk to this guy, etc.
The world is bonker and I had difficulty grasping some npcs (not sure if the vicar is a scientist, a HR handler, a rebel maybe ?) ((no spoil btw, I just talked to the guy one single time, it’s pure speculation))
Reading OCD rears its ugly head again, which breaks my heart when I think about Disco Elysium. I mean if OW gives me issues...
Rythm is bad, or was bad for me, depends on how you play. The city is not big but people like to talk their heads off. I still have to go out again.
Not always well explained, is the food water sleep mechanic just for the hard difficulty ?
Strange bastard of a game that is crpg but tries to simplify things a little too much, or I’m dumb. I don’t understand the link between a dialog skill at 2 and the stat involved, which is certainly not 2.

Overall I feel that I must persevere, I have to get used to open games again. And fuck my brain that tells me I don’t understand what I read, it’s not the case. Well, most of the time.
That being said it has potential, the world and characters could grow on me.

Last edited:

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Reading OCD rears its ugly head again, which breaks my heart when I think about Disco Elysium. I mean if OW gives me issues...
DIsco isn't really open world, so don't think you should have problems with it. It's more like a point and click adventure. But you are never really stuck not knowing what to do. And reading and talking with everyone IS the game.

Last edited:

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Got to the second world in Outer Worlds and enjoying it much more. Probably because there were like only two short combat encounters lol

But also it is visually much more interesting to me. I am a sucker for neon signs.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
PS Plus is increasing in price in Norway to 585 nok aka 64$ a year.

What the fuck.

64$ a year to rent games I either already own somewhere else or can get very cheap on sale on PC.
To play multiplayer which is free on PC.
To use cloud saves which is free on PC and Xbox LIVE (yeah, Xbox has free cloud saves).

Fuck no.

Status
Not open for further replies.