Community MetaSteam | October 2019 - The Horrors Of Empty Wallets, A Digimon Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Still need to see if / how it works. Might just be older games - which is still good.
it almost definitely will be (for a while at least) ... which is absolutely fine with me :)

but yeah, i guess we'll find out soon(ish)

Deleted member 113

I finally started playing Sin Slayers, and I'm finding the game rather fun.

It's a turn-based, rogue-like, game, with some nice pixel art, a very enjoyable soundtrack, and it appears to have a generous amount of content.

The first impression wasn't necessarily the best (the intro has narration in poor English, that doesn't match the written text/subtitles), but once in the game, I'm finding it really enjoyable.
It's one of those games where I played close to two hours, and barely noticed the time passing.

If anyone is interested in checking out the game, there's a demo that apparently has 2-3 hours worth of content:

Also, Fanatical has a bundle with the game and DLCs for a decent price:

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
For posterity:
we all knew it was going to happen ... eventually :p

i'm just glad volvo finally did something and started actually talking to publishers (because i REFUSE to believe MS, bethesda, and now EA coming back in the span of like 4 months is a coincidence)

now let's hope you're also right about all the other stuff coming back to steam! ;)

Hidden content
You need to react to this post in order to see this content.

GrrImAFridge

Your friendly neighbourhood appliance
Jan 26, 2019
Remember when WB announced the WB Vault initiative -- the idea being that indies could make use of an otherwise dormant IP -- only to do literally nothing but release a Gauntlet remake alongside the initiative intself? Yeah, my vague hopes of a Wheelman re-release died rather quickly. :(

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Remember when WB announced the WB Vault initiative -- the idea being that indies could make use of an otherwise dormant IP -- only to do literally nothing but release a Gauntlet remake alongside the initiative intself? Yeah, my vague hopes of a Wheelman re-release died rather quickly. :(
yeah ... i wonder what's going on with that ... do you think they still do that?

and i wonder what happened that no one wanted to use it ... maybe the contract was really shit or something? i don't suppose you know?

Reactions: Arsene
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Well yes..but also no.

I have seen it but how does the cup make it obvious?
because there's steam coming up from it ... i mean - it's pretty obvious to me at least ... like, what else could it be? (after all the stuff we've seen happening in the last week in steamdb)

I intentionally held off on even trying it.
well i guess you have to try now ... right? ;) lol

Reactions: MJunioR

GrrImAFridge

Jan 26, 2019
yeah ... i wonder what's going on with that ... do you think they still do that?

and i wonder what happened that no one wanted to use it ... maybe the contract was really shit or something? i don't suppose you know?
As best I can recall, the Gauntlet remake was the only thing to ever come from it. WB announced the program with much fanfare, made some noise about the Gauntlet remake, which released a little later in the year, and then... nothing. Radio silence ever since.

because there's steam coming up from it ... i mean - it's pretty obvious to me at least ... like, what else could it be? (after all the stuff we've seen happening in the last week in steamdb)
That and the tweet has been liked by Steam business person Molly Carroll.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
As best I can recall, the Gauntlet remake was the only thing to ever come from it. WB announced the program with much fanfare, made some noise about the Gauntlet remake, which released a little later in the year, and then... nothing. Radio silence ever since.
yeah, so bizarre ... i wonder if that's still something devs can apply for

but then again - squeenix did something similar, and we only really got that shitty Fear Effect game out of it as well ... unless i'm forgetting about something?

maybe indies don't really want to work with those IPs, who knows

Deleted member 113

Yeah, my vague hopes of a Wheelman re-release died rather quickly. :(
Ah, Wheelman.
Am I the only one who bought the game on Steam? :giggle:

I keep seeing people referencing the game, as in wanting to have it on Steam, so there's clearly still some interest in the game.
Maybe one of these days, one of those companies that has been re-releasing older titles on Steam may be able to do something about it.

I really enjoyed the games that Tigon Studios took part of.
It's too bad Vin Diesel appears to have given up on it.

As for me, the one game I keep waiting to be made available on Steam is Boiling Point: Road to Hell.
I have a great appreciation for the craziness, and the clunkyness, of that game.
It's a game of great ambition, scope, and crazy ideas, made with a paper thin budget.
I love it. :cat-heart-blob:

Reactions: lashman

GrrImAFridge

Jan 26, 2019
yeah, so bizarre ... i wonder if that's still something devs can apply for

but then again - squeenix did something similar, and we only really got that shitty Fear Effect game out of it as well ... unless i'm forgetting about something?

maybe indies don't really want to work with those IPs, who knows
Yeah, the Squeenix equivalent has produced some results. Apparently, Fear Effect Sedna isn't very good, but at least it exists.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Haha, my luck being what it is, I'm sure all the games will have awful ARS pricing.
yeah, i wonder what they'll do for their games with regional pricing

'cause for origin they kinda just decided to give up instead of implementing region checks ... so i wonder what they'll do on steam

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
When Alienware first offered the free month of Gamepass, I decided to take one like a good person. Then I saw people take 900 years worth and brag that they wouldn't even use it. Well, that was my villain origin story. The deal is back, and I will now die a game pass subscriber.

/s I'm kidding. I didn't take that many. The fact that Microsoft gives you a free month for recurring is pretty cool, though.

GrrImAFridge

Jan 26, 2019
yeah, i wonder what they'll do for their games with regional pricing

'cause for origin they kinda just decided to give up instead of implementing region checks ... so i wonder what they'll do on steam
makemoredollars.jpg

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
When Alienware first offered the free month of Gamepass, I decided to take one like a good person. Then I saw people take 900 years worth and brag that they wouldn't even use it. Well, that was my villain origin story. The deal is back, and I will now die a game pass subscriber.

/s I'm kidding. I didn't take that many. The fact that Microsoft gives you a free month for recurring is pretty cool, though.
at least you'll have something to leave in your will :p lol

makemoredollars.jpg
well yeah :p but i imagine they'd make even more if they went with sane regional pricing, lol

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018

How?! I managed to get 3 codes the first time, which means I'm good until like May 2020, but it never worked again for me. Last time, any new accounts I made either didn't give a code or never sent verification emails. Now it's "level 2+ members only" and I have no idea what that even means lol.

Reactions: Arsene and lashman

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Posted (and more here)?

Game looks promising even though I didn't like the first much as this one attempts to be so much more than a space roguelite in glorified arena areas. I hope it feels good. The 1:57 point showing that to destroy bigger ships/things you don't necessarily merely shoot them enough times is a very promising concept too.

And yeah hope they make it VR compatible like the first one if it's good.

Last edited:

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
How?! I managed to get 3 codes the first time, which means I'm good until like May 2020, but it never worked again for me. Last time, any new accounts I made either didn't give a code or never sent verification emails. Now it's "level 2+ members only" and I have no idea what that even means lol.
I think that you just need to post on their forums to level up a new account. Since the site apparently doesn't even do an IP check it's fairly easy to get a bunch of codes with new accounts even with the lvl 2 restriction.

Last edited:

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Everyone get your bets in. What game will EA throw up on Steam first. Multiple at once, one at first with several more announced, or maybe just one with no word on any other titles?

We only know about Dragon Age and Saboteur, who knows how many games they have hidden on SteamDB.

I’m personally really hoping for Mass Effect 3. Its one of the only series’ that EA updated with new banners outside of some of PopCap’s titles. So it’d make sense 👀

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Everyone get your bets in. What game will EA throw up on Steam first. Multiple at once, one at first with several more announced, or maybe just one with no word on any other titles?

We only know about Dragon Age and Saboteur, who knows how many games they have hidden on SteamDB.

I’m personally really hoping for Mass Effect 3. Its one of the only series’ that EA updated with new banners outside of some of PopCap’s titles. So it’d make sense 👀
from the ones that didn't already have a store package? Mirror's Edge Catalyst

but they might also put DA2 and The Saboteur back up

i don't think they'll just dump like 15 games at the same time ... that wouldn't really make much sense (for them)

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019

I'm betting on Battlefield V, the timing of that tweet is really suspicious and the brand has lose a lot of appeal on pc.
They could use it also as a counter attack to the launch of the new CoD.

Reactions: lashman and Arsene
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I'm betting on Battlefield V, the timing of that tweet is really suspicious and the brand has lose a lot of appeal on pc.
They could use it also as a counter attack to the launch of the new CoD.
i wish they would (at least i could play the campaign that way) ... but i really don't think it's going to happen :(

Reactions: Arsene

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
It has to be Anthem.

They were most likely working on a new F2P version of the game and saw how well a 2 year old Destiny 2 did on steam this month. It got em shook so they decided to do something similar with Steam.

So Anthem with new F2P mode + new expansion along with lots of microtransactions early next year would be my guess.

And they will slowly add legacy titles that everyone wants along side it + Somehow get Valve to market Origin access underneath everything.

Its good to announce it now and build up some hype around it like Bungie did over the summer.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Can Anthem be saved? I don't even care to think about anything that game did after playing the beta or whatever that was. Not because of technical issues.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Can Anthem be saved? I don't even care to think about anything that game did after playing the beta or whatever that was. Not because of technical issues.
It all depends on the expansion they make for it. Remember Destiny 2 was so dead they put it on humble monthly like 6 months after release and then gave it away for free to everyone on Bnet about a year after launch during blizzcon. And despite all that it still was a monster on Steam this month. With the right hype and content they can definitely rejuvenate it. Even if the concurrent peak doesn't reach D2 levels.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Level 2 is pretty easy to get, you just gotta click on the top right offer on the main page (discover prospects/the outer wilds trailer), then click on the left and right links on that page leading to the other offers (what's in the box/ultimate battle station). Once you watch the trailer and click a few links, you're level 2. I had to create new accts for the extra code. I think they IP check now, so it's not super easy.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
i don't think so ... not without a MASSIVE rework ... of pretty much everything

Remember Destiny 2 was so dead they put it on humble monthly like 6 months after release and then gave it away for free to everyone on Bnet about a year after launch during blizzcon.
but that was only on PC ... it was still doing pretty damn well on consoles (because it's a good game)

not the case with Anthem - it's dead everywhere (because it's shit)

Reactions: PC-tan

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Level 2 is pretty easy to get, you just gotta click on the top right offer on the main page (discover prospects/the outer wilds trailer), then click on the left and right links on that page leading to the other offers (what's in the box/ultimate battle station). Once you watch the trailer and click a few links, you're level 2. I had to create new accts for the extra code. I think they IP check now, so it's not super easy.
Yeah, I finally found the quests page. Still wouldn't give me a code, though. :(

Trying one more time and setting my country to US to see if that makes a difference but if not then I'll probably just give up.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
So almost 10 years ago (10-8 years ago) both Sony ans Nintendo use to have animations in their game icons. On the PS3 I think you would get a video (hell I think even the PSP would also do it where it would play a video before you launched the game) and the 3DS (I guess technically the DSi also had this feature very late into it's life cycle) also had an animation thing before you played a game. I have no idea I they Xbox every had such a thing.

And yet now with the N/S and PS4 they don't have that (hell the N/S doesn't even have themes) but with the stuff that Valve has added technically you can now sort of have that (minus the sound) it would be cool if in BPM if Valve set it up so that a game could have a custom sound play before the game launches

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Oh come on! Even using my phone's data it's giving me the error, so it doesn't seem to be an IP thing. This sucks lol

Status
Not open for further replies.